The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
puckhead63

What the hell happened to the habs?

Forever Whalers queried
"Hablings"................lol

Term of endearment! I thought it better than 'Habsters' by a mile! :D

Habsters....lol....I like that one. Well, big game tonight. Aren't all the remaining games...big games? Please God, at least let them win Thirsday since my big *edit* will be parked in a seat at the fleet center. GO HABS GO

...............................................................................t

e Habster

Please God, at least let them win Thirsday since my big *edit* will be parked in a seat at the fleet center. GO HABS GO

GREAT!....according to your track record, the Habs never win when you're in attendance. Maybe you should scalp the tickets.

Please God, at least let them win Thirsday since my big *edit* will be parked in a seat at the fleet center. GO HABS GO

GREAT!....according to your track record, the Habs never win when you're in attendance. Maybe you should scalp the tickets.

LOL....I know. Don't think I didn't think of all this but I gotta go. The streak will and must end THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

WTP and Hoyle ( even though you're really ticked off at me )

Great game in Boston. Walking up to the fleet center, a limo pulls up and about 6 well dressed people come out. One being Guy Lafleur. I asked him in french "How are you" "Pleasure, to meet you" and shook his hand. That was awesome!!! It was a sign of things to come.

There was about 1,000 hab fans scattered through out the fleet. It was an ok 1st period and a rough 2nd. The third period, well, 4 shots on goal and 4 goals, pretty amazing and my losing streak is over. Great seats by the way. Halak was in the zone, can't fault him for any of the goals.

I'm not pissed at you.

Funny story. Watching the game with my brother I turned to him and said.

"God Lapierre has been useless all night."

Before I could finish the sentence *Ping* Lapierre rings one off the crossbar and in.

Good , I'm glad........... It was a great game (ok, just the 3rd period) after the stopped playing the defensive game and opened up the offense a little. I was real nervous there after the 2nd. I didn't want to come back here and have you and WTP balme me for the loss. Like I said, meeting Lafleur was a good omen. That was a nice goal he had, picked the top corner.

After looking at the rest of the season between the teams in the hunt...Montreal,Carolina,Toronto,NYR and the NYI. I will say Montreal can only afford to lose tops 2 games, no more than that. I think Carolina has the easiest run then Montreal,NYR,Toronto and the NYI have the toughest. Must wins for the habs will be Washington,NYR,Boston,NYr and toronto....I'll give them 2 losses vs the sens and the sabres.

Well...if all the teams you mention lose no more then 3 games each, Tampa and Atlanta can very easily drop in standings as well.

Next week can easily knock the Isles out of the race. (NYR, NJ, BUF, OTT)

The Rangers have the most predictable schedule. They will be the makers of their own fate. Five of their remaining games are against teams they are competing against. Every win they gain brings them closer to the post season and pushes their competition further away.

And if Buffalo sweeps Toronto this weekend, their season could be done.

??? ^^ That's nice & all, but what does that have to do w/ the Habs???

If you're going to post, at least put some thought into it & write more than one or two words (such as the majourity of posts that you put in here).

Solid performance from our habs tonight. Decent offense and very sharp on the defense. It was good to see Kovalev have a decent game after being almost invisible for the last few. Halak again looked as cool as a cucumber in net. Not bad considering whats at stake here. The bad thing is , every team we needed to lose , won tonight. Habs need to keep plugging away. Six out of the last seven, not bad. Next up the Rangers.

That's 6 of our last 7 games have been wins. It's good to be a Habs fan =]

I keep missing all the games. It sucks. I need to stop being so busy and watch my Habs.. (the Sharks game tonight was really good though)

Next is the Rangers.. and... it's a must win to getting that playoff spot we want. For the 'Canes fans.. I'm pretty sure they're hoping we lose this one haha, and they'll be playing the Isles that night. Eesh.

yeah, I was curious as to who they would pick and they picked pretty much who I thought the would. Even though I did think some would despise the southern teams more. The hatred is unreal and really deep. It's amazing. I can't think of a bigger sports rival. It even surpasses the yankees and mets. That is some serious stuff up there. LOL.......ELMO was funny as hell!!!! Thank you for a great laugh

A hell of a game by our habs. Down 2-0 and they comeback again. Halak looked pretty cool going into the second even being down.The offense was on, the team was forechecking. Usually sending two in to forecheck. I was pretty impressed with their play. Ofcourse there was those times they could not get a handle o the puck to get it out of their own zone but they played well......GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah we do. Two points would be great. We usually do terrible against the senators but do well with the sabres. I would be happy with 2, really happy with three and I'd be freakin crazy with 4 points. We'll see. Looks like Huet is going to be ready soon. I think if they keep winning Carbo will stick with Halak.

Rushing Huet back was necessary when it appeared both Abeisher and Halak weren't going to get the job done. But if Halak can continue to play with confidence like he recently has, then it's much safer to allow Huet's rehab to take it's due course.

Huet is a very handy trump card right now. If Montreal sustains a bad loss over this weekend, Huet could be put in net the following game to raise morale.

And Halak is helpful in case Huet's return is cold, which could happen.

Unfortunately there's always the chance they could both go cold. Then we'd be in trouble. :(

But for now the team seems strong. We appear to score in bunches, which is always helpful.

WHAT DO YOU DO? Huet or Halak? Tough decision. I'd say bring in Huet as a back up. that way it looks like you want to ease him into game action and if halak struggles, in he goes.

Ottawa and Buffalo, it's gutcheck time!!!!