The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
puckhead63

What the hell happened to the habs?

it's sad FW, how a team touted at the beginning of the season to be a possible "cup contender", is questionable to even making the playoffs in the later half of the season.

you got that right, it's real sad. The team looked so good for the first 25-30 games or so. I still try and think what exactly is going wrong but ofcourse without being in that lockeroom, one will never know. There is still time but not much, they need something

They'll get better :D

...I hope...

Maybe some of the guys are just worn out from the first 30 games? Maybe they were sooo excited about playing hockey again from that loooong break over the summer that they played extremely well for the first 30 games and now they've just had enough hockey that they're not putting themselves into it as much.

We can blame Kovalev :D

(bwhaha, just kidding!)

Maybe they were sooo excited about playing hockey again from that loooong break over the summer that they played extremely well for the first 30 games and now they've just had enough hockey that they're not putting themselves into it as much.

I put that excuse right up there with the "Carolina Stanley Cup Hangover" excuse.

The truth is, Montreal may not be as talented as everyone was projecting.

Ok Hoyle and WTP.......whats gonna happen tonight? I have no idea anymore but I do know Montreal for some reason has a tough time with the panthers. Since this game is home, I think. I'm gonna say a win...THEY MUST!!!!!

God. I think the Florida Panthers are right up there with the Leafs on things I hate.

I HATE THE PANTHERS. And I hate losing, too.

So they have to win. Even though.. I hate saying it.. but I think they'll lose the next two =[

I'm really really hoping they don't. GO HABS GO!!

Well, guess the players only meeting didn't do much good. No goals again and they are in the final playoff spot right now. Not to good for a team that was looking to take over the sabres in december......now what?

HELP US GAINEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how all the hockey analysts refuse to eat their own words on this issue....

In December, they were all claiming Montreal's success had to do with great coaching and Montreal's young drafted depth. Now they've almost reversed those opinions to the exact opposite. Some are calling for Montreal to start rebuilding.

if the playoffs started today, i'd be Sabres Vs Habs in the first round....that would make one hell of a series. :-o

And a 2nd round exit for the Sabres. :twisted:

if the playoffs started today, i'd be Sabres Vs Habs in the first round....that would make one hell of a series. :-o

That'd be too hard for me to handle. I'd be like 'Oh my god! Max scored! Oh man!! Cristobal let in a goal!! AHH!' Then I'd freak out. So that wouldn't be good.

I'd like to play Atlanta though.. the Habs play fantastic against Atlanta. :D

Dude, it's ridiculous. What a 180 degree spin its been. I honestly believe that this team was overachieving the entire first half of the season, as painful as it is to admit. When Huet was all star calibre and the league had not yet scouted our special teams, we were unstoppable. but without special teams and a magnificent goalie, our 5 on 5 play just doesn't match up.

They said Cris is only going to be out at most four games. And that he would probably be back for Saturday.

I didn't watch the game. Even though I knew it was on CI.. because when bad losing streaks like this happen this is when I get superstitious.. so since I watch all the games, I decided not to watch this one. They lost anyways. So now I'm going back to wearing the red shorts and the jersey like before.

*sigh* This is what hockey does to me. Lol.

They still have time to pull it together. They can do it 8) Drive for 25

And for God sakes get rid of Lapierre.

I am glad you think the same.

When he played his first game with the Habs.. I was going to cry. This kid is horrible, he drives me up the wall. He screws up at like... everything. And all the other Habs fans were so excited about him.. I'm like.. what?! He's no good. He can't shoot, he's no help. With people like him coming up to play for the Habs, I'm wondering what our team will be like in the future :roll:

It's because he plays with heart and for some reason Carbo seems to be favouring guys like that. The thing I can't understand is, why is he playing Lapierre over Kostitsyn? I really hate it when people make the "french player favouritism" argument, but in this case, it's almost obvious.

And I'd also like to thank the Canes community for letting this thread stay up. I know it's not a Habs forum, so i try to contain all my Montreal Gripes to this particular thread.

And I'd also like to thank the Canes community for letting this thread stay up. I know it's not a Habs forum, so i try to contain all my Montreal Gripes to this particular thread.

No problem. I for one am happy to read how badly the Habs are doing! :)

and thats why the habs need to pick it up. I guess were in all agreement about lapierre. How about some minors coming up , anyone ready down there who could light a fire into some of the regulars. Yes, theres still time but I just don't see it happening and I have a bad feeling I won't have much to cheer about when I go to Boston in March.

And yes, I'm with Hoyle....thank you for leaving this thread on and going....we appreciate it