The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
puckhead63

What the hell happened to the habs?

I was watching the pens game tonight and they were saying between souray,Rivet and Markov who will be gone by the deadline....they all thought Rivet. We will see.....

I just heard Higgins on XM. They also said that Huet had a serious hamstring injury and was sidelined indefinately :shock:. Tough break.

Sorry if this was already reported.

I was watching the pens game tonight and they were saying between souray,Rivet and Markov who will be gone by the deadline....they all thought Rivet. We will see.....

I just heard Higgins on XM. They also said that Huet had a serious hamstring injury and was sidelined indefinately :shock:. Tough break.

Sorry if this was already reported.

And yes, I'm with Hoyle....thank you for leaving this thread on and going....we appreciate it

You're welcome. :D

We had done this during the playoffs, too (can't remember exactly, but I think it was for the Habs fans, but don't quote me on it).

I'd take markov of their hands. But what other dmen do they have worth a crap besides him and souray? Their future at D is right there is it not?

I'd take markov of their hands. But what other dmen do they have worth a crap besides him and souray? Their future at D is right there is it not?

Yup....

But they'll deal Souray, because Souray wants to play in LA next year.

Hoyle, good to see you on the habs board. What do you know about Halak from the bulldogs? He played 41 games and had 9 shutouts. Looks like he will play this weekend sometime....any info?

FW......

Montreal's goaltending programs in the minors and out west are said to be some of the best. Montreal acquired Huet because LA was trying to give him away. A year or two in Montreal's farm system turned him into a big star. Halak is leading the AHL in Sav % and tied for most shutouts at 6. He could be good or he could just be a backup.

I'd just like to make the playoffs in 8th or 7th place. From what I hear Gainey has declared himself a seller now. And as much as I'd hate to say it, I think we should probably trade Koivu, if the right trade is offered.

It will be interesting to watch him...Carbo says he's playing sometime this weekend. The first thing I thought of when you mentioned Koivu was the trade of Francis from the whalers. He seems to mean alot to the fans , kind of the heart and soul of the team after all he's been thru. I'm not sure if that trade would go. Would you move Lattendresse or do you see a big future for him? Who would you move BEFORE the deadline if anyone ....Souray?

* Souray has made it clear that he wants to go to LA at the end of the year to be with his daughter. He won't stay in Montreal, so they should trade him.

* Francis was a hard loss for Hartford, but that's mostly because the trade didn't pay off for the team. If the Francis trade would have brought good young talent to the Whalers, the woos would have been less of a concern. Plus there are plenty of other examples of teams trading fan favourites and being better off. When Toronto traded Clarke, the city was ready to riot until they realised Sundin was a franchise player.

*We NEED Latendresse desperately in my opinion. The East is turning into a dump and chase game and that style requires strong power forwards. It's his rookie season, so he can't expected to do THAT much, but down the road he'll be important.

"Every year you go through this," defenceman Sheldon Souray said of the trade talk. "And playing in a city like Montreal, everyone has an opinion."

I thought that was hilarious.

Two things, LA's defense is getting pretty loaded, isn't it? Will he even be on the top pair there? Not IMO unless they dump blake at the deadline.

Also, habs goaltending future is pretty secure with carey price in the system. From what I saw in the WJC he is awesome and I know he's a very high pick. How has he been doing wherever he is playing this year?

He's doing great...

Montreal's GM wants to make a push for the cup by 2009

[edit]

Actually back to Souray.....a good friend of mine told me that the Souray/LA connection was just a rumour. A Bad rumour that Souray denied himself. Obviously he wants to spend time with his daughter, but he denied any claims that he wants out of Montreal. So that could be good news.

The habs have 2 good goalies and 2 great prospective goalies, what are they gonna do with all of them?

I thought so about souray. It wouldn't be a good fit.

We're still in it but looking like a miracle needs to occur and talk of Halek being in the position that Dryden was in( rookie ) is not going to happen. At least back then Dryden had players with him that could score. We will see...

Montreal was on fire in the first, then they went to sleep in the second and third. And to be honest the hurricanes didn't impress me very much either. Neither team looks like a team set to go far in the playoffs.

of course I missed the first....(out to dinner)..and I'll miss the first tonight too ( birthday party)....DOH, anyway I'm not giving up yet but a loss today will seal the deal for me anyway. Then I'm going into rebuild mode and will need to start rooting for the next team on my list.....TBD

Then I'm going into rebuild mode and will need to start rooting for the next team on my list.....TBD

Haha. Go Sabres :P

I think they'll win today though. Remember the game is at 6 o'clock!

It's the Columbus Blue Jackets. If they can't win today.. they don't deserve to win.

And Halak is playing? He played in the World Juniors.. but I didn't get to watch any of those games so I have no idea how he did. I hope he's fantastic though. He could be playing with Price someday 8) (Which I am totally looking forward to)

I hope Carbo beat up one of the players to show them what happens if they don't win. Violence is the answer? Bwhaha.

The Habs will win this one.. I can just feel it. And boy could I ever be ready.

Go Habs Go

I'm tellin' ya, FW, cheer for Glen Wesley. Give the last remaining Whaler still with the franchise all your support. You don't even have to root for the rest of the team, just as long as you hope that Glen gets to lift the Cup again.