The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
puckhead63

What the hell happened to the habs?

Now go back to one of your own great threads like which cane is the cutest and which one will I marry thread.....lol

We're not talking about which onbe is cute..er, it's all about who has the sexiest eyes lol

FW.....

If it makes you feel better, the two goals scored on Halak were the players fault. The first goal was a bad clearing attempt by Johnson, the second goal montreal practically allowed Fedorov to walk through the entire team.

Anyways..

Before the intelligent conversation got interupted..

The Habs are playing Washington on Tuesday. Washington just lost to Pittsburgh.

I hope they play Halak again.

I am hoping they play Halak also. From what I saw he looked pretty calm. Always amazed at what these young players can do with all that pressure. Especially a goalie. I really hope the habs make the playoffs. I know they wouldn't go far but still. Like I said earlier also, what I really want is the win on March 3rd at Boston...I'll be there ( 1st NHL game in over 10 years)

FW.....

If it makes you feel better, the two goals scored on Halak were the players fault. The first goal was a bad clearing attempt by Johnson, the second goal montreal practically allowed Fedorov to walk through the entire team.

Thanks Hoyle, I saw the 3rd...agreed. He didn't stand a chance on those. Like I said he looked calm and confident. These habs can make you crazy though. I couldn't believe the let down in the 3rd.

Our last loss in MTL came in Dec of 03. If memory serves correctly.

in case you havent noticed....nobody cares. The Habs > the Canes 8)

Anyways, i was pretty ticked off when i heard about Huet, believe it or not...I really like him, hes one of my favorite goaltenders in the league. I hope his surgery went well today. But even with Aebischer in net, i think the Habs will get out of their slump real soon

I think the slump is here to stay....

I've seen plenty of Montreal slumps and this one doesn't look good. They still have no 5on5 strategy that works.

But thanks for the support.

Hey do you guys mind if the Canes take the Bell(e?) center as the home arena for the duration of the season, Seeing how we dominate there.

Yes, we would and lets see you won one game by a goal and the other by 2. I wouldn't really call that dominating...but nice try anyway

We haven't lost a game in Montreal since 2004. I'd say that's dominating.

still NO............Hey gip...remember how long the whale went before even beating the habs and especially in Montreal...those below .500,lousy,crappy, WONDERFUL Whalers

Well, yes, but since you seem to think they're two seperate teams, I didn't bother counting those years (especially since I only rooted for the team for the last 4 of them). And, besides, how many players are left from those years? Uh...Glen Wesley. That's all, folks.

Go ruin another thread, will you?

We're not laughing at your team, so stop laughing at ours.

This thread is only for intellgent people anyways (aka Habs fans!)

wanna throw numbers around , ok then here.........

mon.gifthstanleycup.jpg.............24

thcarolina200.gifthstanleycup.jpg................1

Since 1997...

thcarolina200.gifthstanleycup.jpg................1

mon.gifthstanleycup.jpg.............0

This thread is only for intellgent people anyways (aka Habs fans!)

A thread for intellegent habs fans...wonder how long that will last...:lol:

99% either go habs/ our opponent sucks/ or (insert players name) sucks. Just a guess, no investigation on my part.

Then again they are probably better than our boards. I really don't know I've only visited once.

Yay! The thread is back! =D

Maybe it's a better idea if I put my inury notes here..

And I was reading this article.. http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/223821.html

A few notes.. Higgins upper body injury from the Caps game was not as serious as they thought, he traveled with the team to Nashville. If he cannot play, Latendresse will take his place on the first line.

Rivet is expected to be back on Saturday to play the Islanders. Sheldon souray did not practice yesterday.

The latest I heard about Cristobal (which was on the 20th) is he's not returning till the end of the regular season.. but he says the surgery went better than they'd though (the tear on his muscle was lower down then where it was thought to have been, so it will heal faster).

Steve ..actually, I don't know what about Steve.. he was in crutches two days ago. Probably still is. He broke a bone in his foot.

No word on Kovy!

And that's the end of the injury notes haha.

These injuries are actually a blessing for Carbonneau

Before the injuries there was too much player complaints about line matchups....

Kovalev wanted to play with Koivu....

Caronneau wanted to keep Koivu/Higgins/Ryder together....

Samsonov didn't like being on the 3rd line....

Lapierre was getting more ice time then he deserved....

Plekanec shouldn't be 2nd line center.

Now that there are a number of injuries it sort of solves this problem. Players have to play where they're put because there's less flexibility.

Missed the game was at Foxwoods for the wifes B- day.....watched the highlights, not much of a defensive game but another win for the habs and Halak. Gotta love that goal woth the goalie pulled....go habs go

Big game tonight.......pretty much every game from now on is a big game and a must win or at least get a point. I figure Abby in net tonight. COME ON HABS!!!!!!!!!!................any thoughts on the Rivet deal. Don't know much about who they got but I do like the 1st round draft pick

Gorges was captain of his junior team in Kelowna and was named Rookie of the Year in the AHL 04/05 season. He was also a member of Canada's silver medal team at the 04 World Junior Championships. As a whole, he's sort of a Cinderella story. He was never actually drafted by any team, but he's turned himself into a potential NHL defenseman in his own way.