The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
puckhead63

What the hell happened to the habs?

Oh man

I think we're running them into the boards.

Kovalev had that puck on his stick a whole 21 seconds.. he was messing with their heads. That was a wicked awesome goal 8)

The Habs are playing like it's the playoffs! I love it! Absolutely. Love. It. :D

I think Steve is hurt..again =[ That was soo his fault. RAWR! I was so happy to see him back on that ice... I hoooooope he's alright. Ugh! Stupid Laffs always sticking their knees in our way!

They are playing very physical.

Problem is, I don't think they can play physical against the Leafs for 3 periods. Koivu probably won't get much ice time in the third either, apparently he's fighting the flu.

Hopefully Begin is alright.

Yeah, I heard about Koivu.

Samsonov is also scratched because of the flu.

And Souray is sick of answering questions about being traded. He was telling the press that they need to stop asking him questions because he doesn't know whats happening and can't answer the same thing each time. I hope he's not going anywhere :shock:

And my goodness, I can officially say.. the penalty kill is back 8)

Leafs will blame the loss on the missed high sticking by Murray.

And they do have a point, that should have been a penalty. However the officials also missed an obvious highstick against Begin at the end of the first. If they had called it, it would have canceled out Begin's interference call that turned into a PP goal by the leafs in the opening minutes of the 2nd.

So Bad officiating can be a two way street.

All I know is Abeisher is not a playoff goalie. So unfortunate.

All I know is Abeisher is not a playoff goalie. So unfortunate.

I know.. my goodness.. but still, if we do make the playoffs, we'll have Cristobal back. And he'll probably be outstanding. If he needs a break, and we've got to put Aebischer in, we just need the team to stronger in front of him. They pulled it off tonight. Two or three games in the playoffs... and voila.

Great game though =] That was exciting. And we've got our 7th spot back :P

And clearly, Steve was alright. Which is fantastic. He's baack. The team really missed him haha

Great win by the Habs, but of course, good job to the Leafs for putting up a fight (but they lost miserably hahaha)

yeah.......great win by the habs. They played a solid 2 periods. Kovalev and Koivu were playing possesed. A rough third period and 2 really bad goals by Abby. Will Halak get the call? GO HABS GO

Rangers took 2 penalties all game and once again proved that Monreal's 5 on 5 is the worst in the league.

100% right........if the teams stay out of the box, the habs are off the scoreboard

It's sad , sometimes I think I'm the only one left on this thread....lol.....maybe I'm being blacklisted....lol, anyway should be a good game tonight Fw....I hope so, don't know who'll be in net, both are shaky?.......well, i would go with Halak bur right now both don't look too good but we'll see.....ok, talk to ya later FW...ok, c ya..........................................how sad....lol

Lol. I try to post. I don't want to annoy everybody else on the board with all my Habs stuff.. but if you want..

Tonight, it's Buffalo. And I am very excited. (I gave all the Sabres fans at school mean looks! Yay! hahaha) This will be like.. the second Buffalo/Habs game I watch this season! Woo! :D

And.. the Habs can pull it off. Honestly. They can. The Sabres aren't even that great.. and the Habs are. So they can win. I just hope Aebischer plays.. because last time Halak was in net.. was like =X eee

We just need to stop depending on the PP so much, because like last game.. the Rangers got like.. one penalty the whole game, and so that's how that turned out. We need to start playing 5-on-5 if we want to make these playoffs!

And lucky for us, the Hurricanes have lost their last two, and so we've kept our spot.. we need all the points we can get.

well i would love to see them start scoring 5 on 5 but why start now. Both goalies have been scary, I understand Halak is a rookie but the goals Abby let in were down right terrible. They need to dig deep, every period is so damn important

Well...for whatever reason, I feel more comfortable with Aebischer. Halak.. kind sorta scares me... some of his little mistakes turn into stupid goals. Aebischer is just.. slow.

But the defense tonight is also being stupid. Ugh. I almost cried after that second goal. Like *edit*. They could be doing better. They're going to step it up. I'm buying the team a life size carboard of Darcy Tucker so when they have periods like this, they can all have a punch at it.. or they can use Niniimma, whichever I don't mind.

Carbo or Saku will give the team a pep talk. And they'll play like the real bleu blanc et rouge 8)

And I can definitely keep saying.. Montreal is missing Cristobal right now =[

Ok, we got 4 days off before we take on the Thrashers. The canes losing today was good for the habs ( sorry caniacs). BUT we can't have anymore games like the bruins one ( figures the one I go to). Need to light a fire under their butts because that is the only way they can win now is by their skating because 5 on 5 they are terrible and their goaltending is lacking cnfidence and to me that is showing on how the players are playing now

Yeees. The Canes loss most definitely helped. But they've got to get going.. (I feel like I've been saying that for three months now) THEY CAN DO IT!! We can still make the playoffs!! LETS GO HABS!

:D Drive for 25 haha

How do you score 5 goals in a game and NOT win?!?! Aebisher was flopping around all game against the Sabres. That rap-around goal was absolute minor league hockey goaltending. how can the players have any confidence in him after putting up 5 goals and ending up losing? and then to cap it off, they lose to the Bruins (for some reason, Thomas always outplays our goalie.)

I am going to be very surprised if this team makes it. the way they're playing, they don't deserve it (Neither does Carolina or Toronto). Seems nobody really wants that 8th spot the way everyone is playing.

How do you score 5 goals in a game and NOT win?!?! Aebisher was flopping around all game against the Sabres. That rap-around goal was absolute minor league hockey goaltending. how can the players have any confidence in him after putting up 5 goals and ending up losing? and then to cap it off, they lose to the Bruins (for some reason, Thomas always outplays our goalie.)

I am going to be very surprised if this team makes it. the way they're playing, they don't deserve it (Neither does Carolina or Toronto). Seems nobody really wants that 8th spot the way everyone is playing.

yeah Abby had a very bad game in that one and Halak is a rookie but he let a soft one go by the glove in the bruins game ( only 5 NHL games for him though) but the players are not coming thru and you are right. It seems no one is playing how they should to get the lock on the final spots....I don't get it.

The habs hace some time off, we'll see what that does. I see some moves over the summer, big ones...the fans will demand it and Carbo might go