The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
puckhead63

What the hell happened to the habs?

Well, the fat lady is stepping up to the microphone and is preparing to sing. That was a terrible loss, unreal second period and that poor kids ( Halak) confidence is shot to hell which leaves us with Abby....please, Gainey...build us a good team over the summer for next year.

Rumour has it there's internal strife.....

Apparently Kovalev is being accused of making accusations about team management playing favourites with the French players. I don't know where I stand on this issue. Kovalev has a tendency to be a whiner, so he might have said something along those lines.... But the Montreal media likes to play the race card whenever they can and make bogus accusations themselves when the team isn't doing well.

I'm a proud Habs fan, but I've said it many times....The fans and media of Montreal lack the patience to build contender. They demand perfection and they demand it overnight.

I agree with you jeffrey....

But Carbo is a very spontaneous coach, he makes calls that are very unpredictable....

When they work he gets hailed "coach of the year"

But when they fail to work people call for his head.

The majority of the Sabres is already notched up. People just tend to overlook that because Briere and Drury aren't. Vanek is really the only player due for a large pay increase. Hecht im pretty sure is the only other consitent starter not signed on after the season but I don't see much of a pay raise with him.

The Habs however I believe have Koivu, Souray, Kovalev, and Aebischer all at the end of their contracts. Kovalev isn't exactly having his best year and he's complaing. Also on TSN I read earlier today that the Canadians owner is becoming interested in Nascar, so that can't be good for the morale of the Canadians fan when their owner is looking at different sport.

i'm pretty sure koivu is signed until 2009 or 2010. Kovalev still has a year or two left.

I don't think the owner's other ventures affect the team at all. he's a business man, as long as he puts 40 million aside for the salary cap, i don't what else he does with his money.

The majority of the Sabres is already notched up. People just tend to overlook that because Briere and Drury aren't. Vanek is really the only player due for a large pay increase. Hecht im pretty sure is the only other consitent starter not signed on after the season but I don't see much of a pay raise with him.

People look at Briere and Drury like a big deal beacuse it IS a big deal. Last year they took Briere to arbitration and still almost decided not to pay him 5 million. Derek Roy and Vanek are all due for pay increases. If the Sabres had a hard time financing their budget last year they're payroll will definitely be higher in demand at the end of this year. Their only advantage is that they've had a stellar year in ticket sales, so that should compensate.

The Habs however I believe have Koivu, Souray, Kovalev, and Aebischer all at the end of their contracts. Kovalev isn't exactly having his best year and he's complaing. Also on TSN I read earlier today that the Canadians owner is becoming interested in Nascar, so that can't be good for the morale of the Canadians fan when their owner is looking at different sport.

The contracts of Koivu and Kovalev are not up at the end of the season, I don't know where you read that? Both men have contracts to 08/09. And Abeisher is no longer wanted.

Use this website for payroll references...

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/

As for Montreal's owner. There are plenty of owners who own more then one team or are affiliated with more then one sport. As long as he's willing to go to the cap, there really is nothing to be concerned about.

:Oops: Sorry for the misleading stats lets just say it never happened haha. I looked at TSN's site and it lists the years left on all the sabres contracts except for Briere, Drury, Vanek, etc. Then when I clicked on the Habs team it lists all the remaining years left on the players contracts except for Koivu, Souray, Kovalev etc. so I assumed they were free agents.

So how about..

Dipietro runs like an idiot out of his net as Steve Begin comes skating into the offensive zone.. and they hit. Steve injured his back I'm pretty sure, as he was falling he was reaching for his back.. which is pretty sad to look at (I cried. Yeah. Mostly because that guys been through hell and doesn't deserve it.) And Dipietro was pretty much knocked out..he got a skate to the face/shoulder he was talking with some guys though, and both players were taken off the ice.

Ugh.

But, if the Canadiens win this one, they're tied for 8th! C'mon bleu blanc et rouge!!

Edit: and I just found out Steve was back for the last few seconds of the period, so he's alright, clearly. =] Good to hear. But no news on Dipietro.

It doesn't matter. The Islander's loss tonight puts them right back in the thick of this playoff hunt. If they had won tonight it would have put them further ahead of the race and Montreal further out of it.

True. I'm not sure when I've last seen a playoff race this tight, with 3 points separating the 7th and 11th spots. I know there were some good ones out west in the years before the lockout, but I don't remember them being quite this narrow.

I didn't get to watch last nights game, but i just checked highlights on the Montreal website. Kostitsyn's pass at the end was beautiful. I'm really glad Montreal took a risk when they drafted him.

Ok, so I can't add. Apologies. Actually, it's probably because I wasn't looking at the standings but whatever.

I thought all our goals were excellent last night. The team played very well too, just.. the goaltending =[ Aebischer is like.. the biggest mess ever.

Honestly, if these guys make the playoffs like this.. they won't last long..at all. They honestly don't even deserve it. I have to say, only a few players are playing like they want that Cup.

I still want to see effort in the last 15 games though!! I want to watch some GOOD GAMES!

I didn't get to watch last nights game, but i just checked highlights on the Montreal website. Kostitsyn's pass at the end was beautiful. I'm really glad Montreal took a risk when they drafted him.

same here missed most of the game but that pass was awesome

ALMOST ABSOLUTE BEST CASE SCENARIO TONIGHT FOR THE HABS

Islanders---> lost

Canes--> lost

Atlanta--> lost

Florida--> lost

Boston--> won

Not bad...If only the habs could win against the pens and leafs on saturday, we could be in pretty good shape.