The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Camis1

Practice on Monday 1/29

From a story about the Rangers:

Defenseman Aaron Ward and forward Matt Cullen, both members of last year's Stanley Cup champion Carolina Hurricanes, have asked the Rangers permission to join their old teammates for a visit to the White House on Feb. 2, but had yet to receive an answer.

And the N&O said:

The Hurricanes will travel to Washington next Friday for one more Stanley Cup honor.

I happened to watch most of the game last night -- though at some point, I should have stopped :evil: -- and heard it mentioned a couple of times and it stuck out in my head because I thought, "FINALLY! They're going to the White House."

Not that I think meeting the current president is a huge honor -- or even a minor one -- but at least the boys are getting what everyone else usually gets.

I happened to watch most of the game last night -- though at some point, I should have stopped :evil: -- and heard it mentioned a couple of times and it stuck out in my head because I thought, "FINALLY! They're going to the White House."

Not that I think meeting the current president is a huge honor -- or even a minor one -- but at least the boys are getting what everyone else usually gets.

hey dont be talkin bad about George W. now :evil:

Defenseman Aaron Ward and forward Matt Cullen, both members of last year's Stanley Cup champion Carolina Hurricanes, have asked the Rangers permission to join their old teammates for a visit to the White House on Feb. 2, but had yet to receive an answer.

And the N&O said:

The Hurricanes will travel to Washington next Friday for one more Stanley Cup honor.

Link to Rangers story? Maybe they can sneak Cullen back to NC 8)

And the N&O said:

Link to Rangers story? Maybe they can sneak Cullen back to NC 8)

lol YOU GET IN THERE!

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/page/3/

It sounds like the Rangers are going to relent when it comes to Matt Cullen and Aaron Ward joining their former Carolina teammates at the White House, especially since the two won’t even miss a practice. Renney said it’s ultimately his decision—although Glen Sather is “aware of itâ€â€”and that he considers it a “pretty important event.†Potential crisis: The outspoken Ward is a loyal Democrat, so in the interest of harmony, maybe he shouldn’t get too much alone time with the Prez.

That's pretty funny. Sounds like the big city hasn't changed A.Ward too much.

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/page/3/

It sounds like the Rangers are going to relent when it comes to Matt Cullen and Aaron Ward joining their former Carolina teammates at the White House, especially since the two won’t even miss a practice. Renney said it’s ultimately his decision—although Glen Sather is “aware of itâ€â€”and that he considers it a “pretty important event.†Potential crisis: The outspoken Ward is a loyal Democrat, so in the interest of harmony, maybe he shouldn’t get too much alone time with the Prez.

That's pretty funny. Sounds like the big city hasn't changed A.Ward too much.

Hey guys, maybe you can start a seperate topic about this? :?:

I agree, the guys heading to the White House certainly deserves it's own thread.

Hey guys, maybe you can start a seperate topic about this? :?:

I agree, the guys heading to the White House certainly deserves it's own thread.