The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
rememberthewhale

former Canes

FWIW regarding Armstrong, all of his hits have been clean, but unfortunate. None of them were late in my estimation-and Chuck said the same regarding the hit on Letowski. I saw the hit in the OTT game live, and it was absolutely clean. Scott Stevens made his mark laying people out in that same way. If you have the puck and your head is down, you are going to get layed out, and it WILL hurt. Short of elbows coming up or these hits being from behind/into the boards, they are acceptable, and perfectly clean. Armstrong did his job-he threw a massive hit. Obviously, he wasn't intending to cause injury, just pain. Unfortunately, sometimes things like concussions are a sad by-product of those sorts of checks. That doesn't make Armstrong a head-hunter, and his hits are not in the same class as Orpik's check on Cole.

I remember he called Letowski too. Gotta respect the kid for that. Atleast he has enough respect to pick up the phone. And I will give him credit that he does look upset when their being carried off the ice. Both times he looked like he wanted to throw up. I know he doesn't mean to hurt these guys cause its really not his game, but when you lay hits on open ice and 2 of those guys go off on stretchers I can see how people start to second guess. I know I'm guilty of that.

well as of yesterday evening we don't have to worry about anyone on the Penguins, they just couldn't handle the Senators - not even with all their thuggery.