The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Uberbeth

Ha - Coolest Jersey Poll Gets Rory-ed.

Seeing as how i originally started the thread, im gonna be a little obnoxious for a minute and take full credit/responsibilty for this. how flippin cool am I? :lol: I ROCK!!!..hahahhahahah!!//j/k Im really not obnoxious, im a good guy...(i think) :?:

Why does the majority of the NHL fans and players (excluding this poll ha) think that the Canadians have the best uniform of the entire NHL? Then they say the Red Wings are 2nd best? I like the Canadians jerseys, but i dont understand what the big deal is with a C that makes it "the best"

Haha, what did Sabres fan say when they voted three of their men in the starting line up? Something about how if you really wanted them there you'd do whatever it takes as fans. Sounds like we just got together after finding out about the poll and flocked over in all of our Caniac glory to show that we too have spirit for our team! Or maybe *gasp* fans of other teams might like our jersey too. It could happen!

The weird thing is that honestly, I don't think our jersey is even close to the best. I wouldn't even probably put it in top 5 or maybe 10. Sure I love it because it's ours, but I think a lot of people agree that the swirling hurricane logo is kind of... well weak. I think we should have the flag as our main logo and the hurricane as our backup logo, only problem being that people would constantly make the joke that it's a tropical storm flag rather than hurricane, though two flags would look dumb. I dunno, I'm almost hoping that we do get a jersey redesign with the new jerseys. I know most teams are staying the same but I think a few are doing something new. I just think ours is kind of boring.

Well, i hope i dont get banned from the board for saying this (winks at 300section and blows her a smooch :wink: ) i kinda liked the sabres jersey from last year. The buffalo/bison trimmed in red and lookin kinda pee'd off looked cool to me.

I'm almost hoping that we do get a jersey redesign with the new jerseys. I know most teams are staying the same but I think a few are doing something new. I just think ours is kind of boring.

I just spent a ton for my jersey. Changing the logo = Changing the team.

The buffalo/bison trimmed in red and lookin kinda pee'd off looked cool to me.

I'm going to agree with you there. Especially when it was set against their black jerseys. Very nice.

Since we're confessing, I'm kinda partial to Atlanta's blue jersey. It was their third jersey last season but became so popular they made it their home jersey.

Since we're confessing, I'm kinda partial to Atlanta's blue jersey. It was their third jersey last season but became so popular they made it their home jersey.

I'm almost hoping that we do get a jersey redesign with the new jerseys. I know most teams are staying the same but I think a few are doing something new. I just think ours is kind of boring.

I just spent a ton for my jersey. Changing the logo = Changing the team.

It's not like you can't wear an old jersey still. I spent $170 on mine and I'm sure as hell going to wear it no matter what, but mine is red so I think once the new jerseys come out, if I like them I'll get a white.

I also like Atlanta's jersey a lot. I have always liked the jerseys that have the laces at the neck and the Atlanta down the arm is unique.

Stacy

I heard last season that if you bring in a non-Thrasher jersey to a thrasher game, Atlanta will exchange it for their blue on for free. I'm sure its just the $70 replica but i thought that was pretty cool.

First of all, polls of this type are stupid. Primarily, the only people who vote on them are fans of a given team. You're gonna vote for your team. I mean if a poll asked which team had the best jock straps, you'd vote for your team's jock straps, right?

Anyway, I thought I'd pass on a jersey related story. I was crossing over into Canada last summer and was proudly wearing a Hurricane shirt. I admit I did it in hopes that I would ruffle a few feathers - you know the Candians hate that we won the Cup. The Canadian immigration guy in Ottawa looks at me with a scowl. "Hurricanes, huh? I hate their jersey with that logo that looks like a toilet flushing." He said, as he looked over my passport.

Now normally when someone makes that comment, and I hear it fairly often, I'm poised and ready for the quick retort. Normally, I would say "If you've got red and black swirling in your toilet, I'd head right off to the hospital. You've got something seriously wrong in your southern region."

This time however, as the words started to come out of my mouth, my mind was flooded with images of the movie "Midnight Express" - you know the dude who got busted for smuggling hash into Turkey and spent umpteen years in a Turkish prison. I had images of cavity searches and other fun-filled immigration activities. Instead I just smiled, took my passport and walked away, mumbling to myself. Toilet flushing... ha! Who's got's the Cup, eh?

I heard last season that if you bring in a non-Thrasher jersey to a thrasher game, Atlanta will exchange it for their blue on for free. I'm sure its just the $70 replica but i thought that was pretty cool.

Yeah, they did that and it was a great idea. You had to bring in an opposing team's jersey and they donated all of them somewhere(I don't know where).

Iceboy, once again your humour is exactly what is needed on this board.

Yeah, they did that and it was a great idea. You had to bring in an opposing team's jersey and they donated all of them somewhere(I don't know where).

Iceboy, once again your humour is exactly what is needed on this board.

JR said that our design will not be changing with the new jerseys. So expect the same logo.

However, he is planning on launching the 3rd jersey in 2008 and that one has been redesigned.

JR said that our design will not be changing with the new jerseys. So expect the same logo.

However, he is planning on launching the 3rd jersey in 2008 and that one has been redesigned.

Did he? Well, I can settle for a nice third to give us something new. Hopefully it wont just be the same logo on a different colored jersey, that'd be a boring third. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't dislike our logo, I just think it's a little bland and could use a little more.

Man, this iceboy guy can POST!

Anyways, glad we won. The Canadiens have a nice jersey, but I still think ours is the best in the East (San Jose and Colorado have better ones, if you ask me, but they're not better by much!).

I dunno about you guys, but I think the next poll involving the Canes has our name on it... :twisted:

Why does the majority of the NHL fans and players (excluding this poll ha) think that the Canadians have the best uniform of the entire NHL? Then they say the Red Wings are 2nd best? I like the Canadians jerseys, but i dont understand what the big deal is with a C that makes it "the best"
A lot people like jerseys that have a lot of "history". This is why everyone loves the leafs jersey too, even though its one of the plainest, and most boring jerseys in the league. During the youngstars game, Doc Emmerick said that he thinks that the Chicago Blackhawks jersey is "one of the best in the league because it has so much history" (not an exact quote, but more or less). Yet in my opinion, Chicago has one of the ugliest jerseys in the history of sports. Red, yellow, brown and green? Its revolting. The fact that they've had the same jersey (more or less) for so many years doesnt make it an awesome jersey. The reason why original six teams dont have their old jerseys anymore is because THEY DONT LOOK GOOD. So why is Chicago's jersey good just because they haven't realized that?

Personally, I dont think that there is anything special about the montreal jersey either, although it certainly looks nice. I wouldn't rank it in the top 5 in the NHL though.

The weird thing is that honestly, I don't think our jersey is even close to the best. I wouldn't even probably put it in top 5 or maybe 10. Sure I love it because it's ours, but I think a lot of people agree that the swirling hurricane logo is kind of... well weak. I think we should have the flag as our main logo and the hurricane as our backup logo, only problem being that people would constantly make the joke that it's a tropical storm flag rather than hurricane, though two flags would look dumb. I dunno, I'm almost hoping that we do get a jersey redesign with the new jerseys. I know most teams are staying the same but I think a few are doing something new. I just think ours is kind of boring.

Yeah...that Hurricane logo is definately weak. :roll: I mean...just look at that Penguin on those other jerseys. Now that is a force to be reckoned with. :lol: