The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
ynotagain

NO DESIRE !!!

it was there in the 1st...but good LORD it went downhill after that :(

i dunno what's wrong with these boys, but something has to be done soon.

*did you see what they chose for check of the game?! it was so weak. that's when you really know it's a bad game...when the check of the game doesn't even put a smile on your face

really? i didn't think the mighty mites had much in them, either tonight.

seems like we have a trend going on here!

*brainstorm*

what the heck can we do to get these guys pull it together?

maybe we can get everyone in to have posters with different sayings on them...and go stand opposite the bench so when the boys look up they'll read them and say..."you know what, those guys are right!" and then they'll go out and kick some butt and it will have a happy ending.

or ya know...any idea at all...they just need SOMETHING!

That was the hardest game I ever had to sit thru, no effort, no desire, NO HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *edit* is up with these guys? The mighty mites show more heart!!!

and the mighty mites scored goals too!!

i was going to post something like this as well. for the past month the canes have shown no passion, no fire, no heart in their game. honestly it looks as if they are just showing up, going through the motions and then hitting the showers. your slogan this year is "be a champion". well how about this, PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION!!!!!!

Hi bryan & welcome to the boards. :D

I think we're past any motto at this point... I think there needs to be some kind of "awakening" for the individuals to go through for themselves & then bring it to the team in terms of that heart & passion that seems to be lacking this season. I really do wish there was some kind of magic word or set of words that would bring on that awakening for them, I really do, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. :cry:

hctimo...that made me laugh SO hard

hahaha...we should make it into a banner and have a banner raising ceremony next game :lol:

i really do hate that it's come to this, though.

but seriously...that was really funny :D

LMAO! Let's raise that banner and make a big to-do about it! Maybe then the guys will once again have the fire to win! We won't let them take it down until they find their groove again. However, as soon as they start having losing streaks due to lack of passion, back up the banner will go. Maybe that will make them think twice about giving up! Otherwise they are stuck with that waving freely in the RBC Center! LMAO!

Viva La Canes II! We couldn't possibly do any worse than the actual team at this point! And we'd take that banner as a compliment because sucking would be a step up for us! LOL!

I'm seriously thinking about printing one large enough to fill in an entire pane of glass on the boards, and having a little stick I can use to roll it up and down the glass like a window shade whenever they do something stupid.

If it could get a chuckle out of them, would it remind them to have fun?

I'm seriously thinking about printing one large enough to fill in an entire pane of glass on the boards, and having a little stick I can use to roll it up and down the glass like a window shade whenever they do something stupid.

If it could get a chuckle out of them, would it remind them to have fun?

That would rock! :lol:

New motto.....half hearted, half a**ed

the heart went long ago....and last night TB handed them the rest of it !!

For now that sounds about right. Hopefully soon they will get the heart, passion and desire back.

It could be no desire? I don't think so, or it could be that this team for some reason doe's not want to play for thier coach?didn't this happen with the Islanders ? There is to much talent on this team for them to be in this spot right now!

GO CANES

all i saw tonight was ... bounce it off the boards ,,, throw it to no one ... lack of hitting ... weak shots on goal ... etc.

NO DESIRE on the ice to put a good shot on the net ... or in the net.

Tampa had a 77% penalty kill coming in and we had an "0-for" power play tonight.

I hope JR has a BIG shake up planned, soon.

I agree. They just seemed to be going through the functions and not to successfully I might add. Judging by this game and the last game with Toronto the other teams have got our number. They realize that we are not going to throw any hits or punish any of their players. We were banged around pretty good the last few games and our players do nothing.

No body on this team has the desire to hit anyone and if they keep this up they will be watching the playoffs and not in them.