The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
MattDoc

Canes meet the president

Ugh...I hate politics. Can we keep the political shots and posts out of this thread and just be happy that the guys got to have this experience? Doesn't matter who is in office, etc....what matters is that they were guests at the White House because of their achievement.

I agree.

Where's Whitney and why isn't he putting bunny ears on W?

Good questions, both. And who's that in the top right corner? Is that Pete Friesen? Hard to tell. Looks like Matt Cullen made it too (top left). Guess A. Ward took a pass though.

Does anyone else find it ironic that there are only three US-born players in that photo?

Aaron Ward was there. He stood in between Cam and Nic! :)

Yeah, a lot of the guys didn't seem to keen on Bush. Look at Staal in the above picture: daggers.

And there's too many political jokes that can be made, so I'll just end my post here :P

A. Ward was there as well and so was Gerber and Whitney was there as well. On WRAL.com they have a video and at the end you can see everyone else as he goes through and shakes all their hands.

I don't know about you guys, but I was inspired and I hope they were too.

What on earth did John Forslund run after the Prez to tell him?

I don't know about you guys, but I was inspired and I hope they were too.

What on earth did John Forslund run after the Prez to tell him?

i was inspired and glad to see the "guys" getting a kick out of the White House visit.

did you see a photo of JF running after the Prez?

there is a photo on the Getty site of an unidentified person but i donot believe that is JohnForslund

Pic looks pretty funny. Stiller seems to be looking down at something. ANybody think George W. maybe had a hole in his pants and Stiller doesnt wanna laugh? :lol: :lol: :lol::shock: :mrgreen:

I SURE hope this re-motivates the guys again. Glad to read Cullen, A. Ward and Gerbs were all there too. Wonder if they had to sit at the BACK of the bus?

This has nothing to do with politics but I don't think Bush should have received a ring. I think the jersey was a nice gesture. I think they could have given him another ring with the canes logo on it but not one with the stanley cup.

also I don't remember but did the Lightning do this?