The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
MattDoc

Canes meet the president

I think every team that wins a championship, be it baseball , football, whatever end up at the whitehouse. A real cool thing would be a prez that actually saw a hockey game

i was inspired and glad to see the "guys" getting a kick out of the White House visit.

did you see a photo of JF running after the Prez?

there is a photo on the Getty site of an unidentified person but i donot believe that is JohnForslund

I watched the video on WRAL.com. At the very end when the Prez was walking out, someone who definately looked like John Forslund ran after the Prez to say something and shake his hand. Anybody else catch that?

i was inspired and glad to see the "guys" getting a kick out of the White House visit.

did you see a photo of JF running after the Prez?

there is a photo on the Getty site of an unidentified person but i donot believe that is JohnForslund

I watched the video on WRAL.com. At the very end when the Prez was walking out, someone who definately looked like John Forslund ran after the Prez to say something and shake his hand. Anybody else catch that?

So does anybody think there's a chance that A.Ward and Cullen were smuggled back to NC :wink: ?

So does anybody think there's a chance that A.Ward and Cullen were smuggled back to NC :wink: ?

GOD! I HOPE SO!!!!!!!

I EMAILED THE RANGERS TO PLEASE SEND THEM BACK. THEY ARE NOT TREATED WELL THERE IN NY. READ AARON'S INTERVIEW ON THE WEBSITE THERE...

their message board really trashes A Ward and Ward's interview was upbeat but he tells how he was a bit shocked at the fans his first night on their ice...

You're right, the transcript is priceless. Nice blending of all the stuff Sundheim sent on ahead to the speech writers and spontaneous remarks upon meeting the team. Very nice touches all around. Got a kick out of the nose and false teeth comment - and Prez looking back at Brindy. You can see the guys busting up at that one.

I'm glad that they had fun, enjoyed themselves, got out of the grind for a moment and relived what brought them the Cup in the first place_their work as a Team. So wonderful that the 3 hitchhikers that Sundheim noted on the trip from the airport were able to make it and rejoin the Canes.

When I saw in Mike's blog that the bomb-sniffing dog had done its work and then he saw Bettman in the Little Boys' Room line, tell me I cannot be the only person who connected the dots:

Bus....undercarriage inspection completed....Bettman: FOR GOD'S SAKE MAN! A PEFECT OPPORTUNITY>>>THROW HIM UNDER THE BUS!!!

:shock:

You will also note the wonderfully humerous interchange involving Cam, the old/new Oval Office and The Captain. Truly, are not the little light moments in our lives the ones that can tickle us endlessly?

And then.... NO MENTION OF CHAD !!! does this mean that,

1. He wore see-through duct tape over his mouth during the White House hours.

2. He actually was QUIET ( :shock: forget the war_ THAT would be shock and awe!)

3. What actually transpired is now a matter of national security and if anyone found out what happened, they'd have to be killed.

Inquiring minds want to know. (maybe his mother threatened him within an inch of his life if he didn't behave. mom's are really good for that sort of influence when you really need them!)

No,no, no - Chad is not (that I KNOW of) an outspoken "political animal". I am referring to his state of constant verbalization. He is known as a chatterbox on the team.

I was merely making light reference to this personality trait - I DEFINITELY was not making any reference to political outspokenness on Chad's part AT ALL. Please excuse the confusion if ANYONE drew that conclusion from my post. I think the regulars know to what I am referencing, and I am sorry that I presumed anyone reading my post would also understand its background. mea culpa!

LOL, yeah...I am surprised they even took Chad along. Watch any "Ask the Canes" and you know he likes to talk! LMAO

He is the one on the right side of Cole (our right, not cole's)

I think every team that wins a championship, be it baseball , football, whatever end up at the whitehouse. A real cool thing would be a prez that actually saw a hockey game

Unless I'm mistaken, Bill Clinton atended when the Caps and Wings played for the Cup.

Yeah, a lot of the guys didn't seem to keen on Bush. Look at Staal in the above picture: daggers.

And there's too many political jokes that can be made, so I'll just end my post here :P

Did you catch Wizard's expression in the video? It was almost better than a "Where's Whitney?". Almost.

No,no, no - Chad is not (that I KNOW of) an outspoken "political animal". I am referring to his state of constant verbalization. He is known as a chatterbox on the team.

I was merely making light reference to this personality trait - I DEFINITELY was not making any reference to political outspokenness on Chad's part AT ALL. Please excuse the confusion if ANYONE drew that conclusion from my post. I think the regulars know to what I am referencing, and I am sorry that I presumed anyone reading my post would also understand its background. mea culpa!

If he were to do something like that it would only serve to increase my already considerable respect for Rosie. But I suspect management had all the guys on a short leash for this event. I'm curious how they arrived at the #43 for W's sweater though. You'd figure there would be some significance to it, but I don't know what it would be unless he was born in '43. There's another possibility that comes to mind, but I'd get spanked for posting it so I won't.

Anyway, props to Mike Sundheim for the speech. I'm sure if he didn't actually write it himself, he spoon fed it to the staffer that did. And he hit all the right notes. I just hope it worked.

Re: #43... and he and his dad are regularly referred to in 'shorthand' by their numbers, 41 and 43 for the number in the presidential order each is.

Re: Chad... I emailed Mike and he said that Chad was a good American boy all day Friday... sigh. (LOL) So now we know that it is INDEED possible for Chad LaRose to zip his lip!

:shock:

I also loved Jim telling Dubya that Barney is being fed too much. Man after my own heart! but then I'd be asking what the heck he's being fed and presenting a diet plan for him. And then they'd be signaling for Chad to come and tell me all about shutting up! :Oops:

Unless I'm mistaken, Bill Clinton atended when the Caps and Wings played for the Cup.

No, you're right. I forgot all about that. He didn't stay long but he went.....ok, bill for Prez again!!