The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
MattDoc

Canes meet the president

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of our guys. Brindy was beaming on the front of the N&O this morning :)

(Mojo, I didn't like the Monica part.)

**This kind of talk does not belong on a hockey forum**

you're not going to resolve political debates in a hockey forum.

I know thats why I had to get one quickie in at bush and leave it at that...now, congrats to the canes for meeting the President. No matter your party or feelings. I'm sure it was an honor and an experience none of the players will soon forget........now back to hockey, it's done already!!...hey,was that little weasel bettman there?

I know thats why I had to get one quickie in at bush and leave it at that...now, congrats to the canes for meeting the President. No matter your party or feelings. I'm sure it was an honor and an experience none of the players will soon forget........now back to hockey, it's done already!!...hey,was that little weasel bettman there?

I was just thinking that. Regardless if your a republican, democrat or nethier, i'm sure it was an honor to be there.

bill CAN"T run for president again.

thank God!!!!

No, but what'll you do when his WIFE is in office?

Absolutely, positively correct.

The bottom line is the White House is a symbol around the world of the USA and it was an honor for our team, the 2006 Stanley Cup Champion Carolina Hurricanes to be acknowledged there by the President.

hey,was that little weasel bettman there?

Oh you know Bettman wasn't gonna pass up that kind of photo op. He's a bigger media *edit* than...

so I take it he was there

GOD! I HOPE SO!!!!!!!

I EMAILED THE RANGERS TO PLEASE SEND THEM BACK. THEY ARE NOT TREATED WELL THERE IN NY. READ AARON'S INTERVIEW ON THE WEBSITE THERE...

their message board really trashes A Ward and Ward's interview was upbeat but he tells how he was a bit shocked at the fans his first night on their ice...

do you have a link to it?

i just tried looking for it...but no luck.

i probably just missed it though, i have a tendancy to miss things that are right in front of my nose >_<

You know, I'm really sick of perfectly good hockey threads getting marred by politics. You wanna talk politics, then these are not the forums for you. Two debates that almost never turn out pretty are politics & religion, & neither belong on here. We can't even discuss a hockey team w/out arguing w/ each other, for Pete's sake. There have been several threads locked in the past because they involved politics, so you'd THINK that some people would learn by now, but unfortunately not. You couldn't just leave it alone & enjoy the thread as it was intended, which was to celebrate our Cup Champs going to the White House. Good job, bravo, folks. :roll:

This will again be another good thread locked because of political talk, which is ridiculous. Don't do it again.