The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
copcaniac

if we could get rid of tripp tracey?

CCC - thank you for bringing me up to Speed(o) on what Tripp said during the game....

I tell you, I'm in agreement with the folks that find this broadcast duo such a nice fit for our market... some of these other guys are madly in love with the idea of themselves as sports commentators but for the most part, their heads are up that dark and smelly place.... our two pretty much don't sugar coat anything for us, deliver the news as they see it, AND in such a personable way. They fit the broadcast part of the team the same way that JR seems to try and build the character (and characters, in some cases!) in the locker room.

(cue the music: I love you just the way you are) And now I can't wait to see if John gets beyond brave and brings up the speedo thing at any point during the Wild broadcast. Wait for it... wait for it....

It's like was said... this is very much FAMILY in every sense of the word (which is probably why the major meltdown and near board crash this afternoon over the trade)... everything is so very personal because this organization makes its connection to the community so personal.

You know, we really are very lucky to have a professional sports team that we can delude ourselves into thinking is part of the family - or that WE are a part of their family. We're all a nice and easy fit together. And the 'un-fits' will be shown the door by Daddy Jim.

CCC - thank you for bringing me up to Speed(o) on what Tripp said during the game....

I tell you, I'm in agreement with the folks that find this broadcast duo such a nice fit for our market... some of these other guys are madly in love with the idea of themselves as sports commentators but for the most part, their heads are up that dark and smelly place.... our two pretty much don't sugar coat anything for us, deliver the news as they see it, AND in such a personable way. They fit the broadcast part of the team the same way that JR seems to try and build the character (and characters, in some cases!) in the locker room.

(cue the music: I love you just the way you are) And now I can't wait to see if John gets beyond brave and brings up the speedo thing at any point during the Wild broadcast. Wait for it... wait for it....

It's like was said... this is very much FAMILY in every sense of the word (which is probably why the major meltdown and near board crash this afternoon over the trade)... everything is so very personal because this organization makes its connection to the community so personal.

You know, we really are very lucky to have a professional sports team that we can delude ourselves into thinking is part of the family - or that WE are a part of their family. We're all a nice and easy fit together. And the 'un-fits' will be shown the door by Daddy Jim.

You asked for it, Irish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR3JlDqgmUM

Sorry I wish I could agree, but I find Tripp annoying, especially when he talks about texting other players, going out to dinner with somebody etc . I have Center Ice and wish for some of the normal announcers who just talk straight hockey and none of the nonsense Tripp talks about. I really enjoy John though, he's very straight forward and to the point.

I guess growing up with the trio of Jim Jackson, Gary Dornhoeffer, and Steve Coates has given me a great deal of patience with Tripp. Dorney and Coatsey would quite often say the darndest things, but Dorney was an ex-Flyer and he could get away with it, and it brought a great deal of life to what was sometimes a dismal telecast.

I kinda wonder if that's why the 'Canes Philly guys, like Williams or Seidenberg, seem to just take Tripp in stride. They're used to that kind of stuff.

I watch the games on center ice and get to see most teams broadcasters Tripp is better then most I wish I could watch the Canes broadcast more often but as long as I get to see them play I can put up with the opposing viewpoint

some are so biased towards their team it is disgusting I think Tripp tries to call it as he sees it good or bad for the Canes

I agree. Watching Center Ice, I'm like "YEAH" when we get our own guys announcing...not just because it is the Hurricanes, but because these guys have fun doing what they do. And that is cool

You asked for it, Irish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR3JlDqgmUM

WOW!!!

I bet Billy wishes he had that much hair these days. :wink:

FYO, I love The Piano Man

Forslund is good like I said before, not a homer announcer but there is something about this tripp guy that makes me want to reach into the tv and beat him senseless....lol. I can't stand the guy. Sorry tripp supporters but he's annoying as hell