The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
matt3311

justin williams...

jim rutherford looks like a genius. first of all, stealing (yes...grand larceny thieving) williams from the flyers for danny markov. secondly, getting him under contract for the next three years. any team in the league would love a player of his ilk...

jim rutherford looks like a genius. first of all, stealing (yes...grand larceny thieving) williams from the flyers for danny markov. secondly, getting him under contract for the next three years. any team in the league would love a player of his ilk...

Exactley! Danny "pay me lots to do nothing" Markov for Jwillie

That is what is so great about this team. While Staal is cold, we still have Williams, Whitney, Rod, Cole, Stillman, Walker, etc... ready to do their parts.

As for right now, Whitney (5 pts against BB), leading team in points BEFORE BB. But to do the things he is doing while apparently injured (boy it would be nice if we could clear some of the other teams a little so that some of the guys could get a little R & R), Rod is the man for sheer guts.

I think Whitney is doing an amazing job. I would really love to see Staal get in there and make some magic happen! He's def due! Roddy and the whole team are really stepping up and coming together which is nice to see. :mrgreen:

Hard to argue against Williams and Whitney as being the on fire guys at the moment. Let me give a nod to Staal for his effort in the Boston game...EXTREMELY hard working there. Made some great puck saves at the blue line and his fight and determination to keep digging and fighting for the puck in the corner made the Wizard's second goal possible. That is tough hockey to work those corners...fan's that just look on the scoresheet for "goals" to see who is playing well miss out sometimes.

Likewise, a nod to the Captain. He's obviously still playing hurt, but his hustle to chase after the Litowski dumped puck led directly to Whitney's first goal against Boston. Fan's that always “boo†the dump-and-chase should look at that play...when executed properly, it is just as powerful as carrying the puck in with speed as you can get their d-men turned around and out of position.

I've gotta say I'm most impressed with Whitney. He's the most underrated player in the league IMO. I thought he far more deserved to go to the All Star game than Staal.

Whitney did deserve to go, but they needed a center since Roddy turned them down. Whitney is not a center, Staal is.

Anyway back on topic, yes Willie is doing great. I've got some cousins in Philly and they are just sick that they gave him up. Everytime I talk to them they ask if they can have him back. Of course I tell them no way. :D

Yep Jwill is doing a great job. :D The wizard sue can put on a show. :P That combination of W + W = W I like. Let’s get another W tonight! :wink:

Maybe his point totals aren't what they were last year

Whos are? I think Williams is one of, if not the most consistent game in and game out palyer we have.

justin is doing a really good job

but i think its been whitney whos been stepping it up lately!!

they are all doing a good job working together!

and even tho they lost last night, i think it was one of the best games they've played together as a team in a while!

hopefully we can keep it up!

Williams & Whitney have clearly been the best this season, mainly because of their consistency throughout. They have both been able to stay healthy and to stay on the scorer's sheet. While Staal, Cole, Walker, and others get hot for periods of time, you can count on Whitney and Williams. And, of course, Brind'Amour is the glue that holds it all together.

Amen, alleluiah to that!

I sit and wonder what it would be like to have every "main" Cane healthy - not playing with bruises or strains or held together with glue or silver tape... I have a dream.... :!: