The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
its-staal-good-num-12

Andrew Ladd!!

I think the biggest thing is he's finally playing on some lines where he gets to show his talent, rather than just being a grinder. The past few games they started playing him some with Staal, and they've done well on the ice together.

Would like to see him get the chance to stay up where he's at so he can continue to develop his skills and add to the team's game every night, like last night. We need three good lines to have a chance, not two with a grinder line and some extra grinders. This team has the talent, it just needs to be put together right.

The only good thing about the injuries right now is that it forced the team to shuffle the lines some and gave Ladd the opportunity he had last night. Which it really sucks that it took that.

Ladd is another one of the guys that I really love watching skate. You can tell he really just enjoys playing hockey and he is always so focused. He (like every other guy on the team) has really been stepping it up and showing us they remember what the word teamwork means. You can tell just by the fact that even with 3 guys pushing him and taunting him, he didn't fight last night, which really surprised me.

Like a few other people have mentioned before, I think Ladd just needs the time to show what he can do and last night he got it! :D

I was just thinking abut Ladd's improvement, especially after putting one in last night. I'm excited to see him progress, but I do agree, the other players he's skating with are helping him put his talent on display. Good for him!

It has been wonderful to see Andy getting the opportunity to really skate his stuff lately. As physical as the games seem to be getting, he has made his presence known. He doesn't get shoved around, he has great awareness out there, and is being given a chance to work for the team and not just give someone on another line a rest.

I hate to see other guys get injured at all, but I am enjoying a chance to see more of Ladd and what he can do for us. And he is certainly stepping up to the challenge.

I think he's been doing really well with Staal. They seem to be getting good chemistry. And the pass from Staal for Ladd's goal was great. I know they were counting on Ladd playing on Staal's line in a couple years, but I think the time is now.

Ladd has certainly shown that he has the work ethic to elevate his game to the next level. The Canes definitely need to hold to him because he could end up being a premiere player in the near future.

One of my favorite things about him is that he goes right to the front of the net and parks it right there. Earlier this year I was thinking, "give the kid more ice time, or send him down!" Of course, when everyone is healthy again, he'll be back to the 3rd/4th line, but if the Hurricanes can't re-sign Whitney or Walker, maybe Ladd will be able to step in with a 20-goal season in 2007-2008.

The Hurricanes made the best of their basement-dwelling days with some good drafting: Cole, Staal, Ward, Ladd, and (dare I say it?) Tanabe, who has made the best of his second chance. Maybe Vasicek will be joining those ranks, soon. Add Justin Williams to that group, and the future is in good hands.

According rumors, Ladd could be on the move......

From 850thebuzz.com/blog

A player that could be on the move is Carolina LW Andrew Ladd. While Ladd’s been used sparingly this season, he has a potential upside that might entice the Flyers as part of a package for Forsberg

that quote coming from an article in the Ottawa Sun

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2...586791-sun.html

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd rather take a chance on Ladd turning into a 20/30 goal scorer than on trading for Peter Forsberg for a playoff run. Even with Forsberg, the Hurricanes are a looooooooongshot for a repeat, and when Forsberg the UFA says bye-bye come summertime, what are the Hurricanes left with? Ladd is too high of a price to pay for a rental.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd rather take a chance on Ladd turning into a 20/30 goal scorer than on trading for Peter Forsberg for a playoff run. Even with Forsberg, the Hurricanes are a looooooooongshot for a repeat, and when Forsberg the UFA says bye-bye come summertime, what are the Hurricanes left with? Ladd is too high of a price to pay for a rental.

Took the words right out of my mouth

Ditto.

But, I don't think JR is gonna get Forsberg. According to Spector's we are not on Forsberg lists of teams that he would go to:

THE LATEST ON PETER FORSBERG.

PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER: Tim Panaccio reports Anaheim, Detroit and Nashville are the three teams rumored to be on Peter Forsberg's "wish list" should he be moved at the trade deadline.

Ditto.

But, I don't think JR is gonna get Forsberg. According to Spector's we are not on Forsberg lists of teams that he would go to:

PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER: Tim Panaccio reports Anaheim, Detroit and Nashville are the three teams rumored to be on Peter Forsberg's "wish list" should he be moved at the trade deadline.

If I was Forseberg I would be happy to play with anyone but the Criers

Ditto.

In other words, Foppa wants his name on the Cup one more time! He'd fit in well with the World All-Stars...I mean the Detroit Red Wings...although I'm imagining two of my favorite players of the 90's on the same team: Peter Forsberg and Teemu Selanne. Forget about it!

...this is kind of off-topic, isn't it? :?

yeahh i second that

hes going to do great next season, and we DONT need to trade anymore

]

yeahh i second that

hes going to do great next season, and we DONT need to trade anymore

i totally agree with you guys on this one.

Ladd is gonna be an amazing player.

Andrew Ladd is going to be one of the well known hitting/checking players in the league, he knows how to play the body, and the puck! He was up for hit of the year in the first half of the season. I really hope that rumor isnt true.. about sending him in a package for Forsberg. We dont NEED Forsberg! We already have the best captain in the game!

By the way, Andrew Ladd has the same exact birth date and year as me =P were practically brothers! :mrgreen: