The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

FACT: Even Penguin fans get sick after reading this

Froggy, I just get such a kick out of watching you howl to the moon over Sid Crosby, The Second Coming. However, what is going to be your take when our local secret, TLCLR, leaks out and the media swarm over their new darling, exposing him to the adulation of even the unfaithful and unknowing, the bandwagoners and poseurs and pretenders ?????

Of course, I am referring to THE LEGENDARY CHAD LA ROSE !!!!

He can remain our little secret only so long, you know. Once the word is out, we can initially congratulate ourselves for our great taste in recognizing his promise, of defending him and his honor against the board's cabal of geniuses who pooh-pooh'd his early performances. But then, that little light shined out from under the basket and we were forced to share him with an unworthy world. OUR "Rosey" - those giant blue eyes peering at us from atop billboards down American highways, the cover of teen magazines and Sports Illustrated for Kids. Whole puckbunny boards devoted to THE LEGENDARY CHAD LA ROSE.... his name on the merchandise at www.nhl.com flying off the shelves... "I'm In Love With A Legend" , "Ol' Blue Eyes" "I See The World Thru LaRosey Colored Glasses" ..and a million more Rosey shirt designs... and of course, the real item: rose colored glasses worn by thongs of the faithful making Hurricane games seem as if there is a concurrent 3-D event going on in the stands...

Sid The Kid is a hockey phenom, sure, but TLCLR becomes a cultural phenomenon. Every mother wants her son to be like The Legend. Every girl wants her boyfriend to be The Rose. Only blue eyes will do. You're going to have to watch your boy... too much of a good thing can go terribly wrong. Guard him carefully. Be glad Sid gets all the press - or too soon the world will learn of The Legend and they'll steal him from us!

Well, when LaRose becomes a legend, I won't mind. Sid's jersey is going for 15k on NHL Auction. I spent $80 on getting LaRose stitched. Logically, when LaRose becomes bigger than Sid, his jersey will be worth more.

I think I could handle LaRose becoming a media sellout for a 15k+ profit ;)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AlCmYuNMOa0Cw3ghL4UpyjR7vLYF?slug=jo-crosby041007&prov=yhoo&type=lgns' target="_blank">Read how Crosby is Christ reincarnated[/post]

Seriously, he's a good player, there's no doubting that. But articles and media where they portray Crosby as "The Next Gretzky" will not turn non-hockey fans into hockey fans.

Oh, and I had to re-read this line over and over again....

For the love of all that is right in the world, NO!

i dont even want to read more crosby stuff! all i hear about is crosby. no ovechkin, no malkin, no staal, no heatley, no thorton, no kessel, there's no other name but crosby!! :angry:

For serious. During the Sens/Pens game last Saturday, all they talked about was Crosby. Heatley, Alfredsson, Spezza, and most of the other Sens played a great game, and all I heard was "Here's Crosby's reaction to that last goal!"

It's frickin' ridiculous.

Froggy, I just get such a kick out of watching you howl to the moon over Sid Crosby, The Second Coming. However, what is going to be your take when our local secret, TLCLR, leaks out and the media swarm over their new darling, exposing him to the adulation of even the unfaithful and unknowing, the bandwagoners and poseurs and pretenders ?????

He can remain our little secret only so long, you know. Once the word is out, we can initially congratulate ourselves for our great taste in recognizing his promise, of defending him and his honor against the board's cabal of geniuses who pooh-pooh'd his early performances. But then, that little light shined out from under the basket and we were forced to share him with an unworthy world. OUR "Rosey" - those giant blue eyes peering at us from atop billboards down American highways, the cover of teen magazines and Sports Illustrated for Kids. Whole puckbunny boards devoted to THE LEGENDARY CHAD LA ROSE.... his name on the merchandise at www.nhl.com flying off the shelves... "I'm In Love With A Legend" , "Ol' Blue Eyes" "I See The World Thru LaRosey Colored Glasses" ..and a million more Rosey shirt designs... and of course, the real item: rose colored glasses worn by thongs of the faithful making Hurricane games seem as if there is a concurrent 3-D event going on in the stands...

Sid The Kid is a hockey phenom, sure, but TLCLR becomes a cultural phenomenon. Every mother wants her son to be like The Legend. Every girl wants her boyfriend to be The Rose. Only blue eyes will do. You're going to have to watch your boy... too much of a good thing can go terribly wrong. Guard him carefully. Be glad Sid gets all the press - or too soon the world will learn of The Legend and they'll steal him from us!

:lol::lol:

Irish, you do have a way with words :lol:

I will agree that TLCLR has the potential to become a great(er?) player. He's got great hustle and makes some amazing shots on goal. I love it when Chad snares that puck during a penalty kill and blasts it like an unholy cannon at the opposing net. BUT....they never go in! How can someone who's eyes are that frikkin' large keep missing the goal?! The man could lead the NHL in short handed goals if he would just BUY SOME GLASSES!! For the love of God, I go to the same eye doctor the Canes use and got contact lenses to improve my rec league hockey game...WHY CAN'T CHAD....WHY?!?!

For serious. During the Sens/Pens game last Saturday, all they talked about was Crosby. Heatley, Alfredsson, Spezza, and most of the other Sens played a great game, and all I heard was "Here's Crosby's reaction to that last goal!"

It's frickin' ridiculous.

and the "Crosby Cam" was getting annoying too

Im happy to see that Im not the only one that gets annoyed of him a bit.. I agree with anyone that he's a superb player.. But I hope to not see his head huuuuuuge one day and not play like he's a team.. And if everyone keeps treating him and talking to him like this, thats whats going to happen.. His ego will be larger than his future home.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-c...p&type=lgns For those who didnt see it. :)

I simply find it impossible to believe there are other hockey players in the NHL other then Sydney Crosby. :blink:

I am so tired of the Sydney "alternate captain with peach fuzz on his chin" Crosby hype. I think its an injustice to the game you can barely find an article about Roberto Luongo, or for that matter any of the players in the North West and all the american media can do is force feed you Sydney Crosby. I think Crosby is a good player with an outstanding future ahead of him, but at any minute I am expecting him to walk across water.

I was watching the Detroit game yesterday, and during the Intermission Report they had a headline for what was going to be discussed when they came back from commercial... "Sidney Crosby's reaction to being eliminated from the playoffs." It doesn't get much worse than that. They'll prolly still be talking about him Game 7 of the Cup Finals. -_- <_< :rolleyes:

I'm glad the Pens are getting a new arena, they're going to need it because Sid's head probably won't fit in the old one much longer. :lol:

I know that you all hate how obsessed everyone is with Crosby, but in all fairness you can't assume that he likes the attention, or let's it get to him.

The media does write about him like he's the second coming, but I'll tell you, if for some reason he doesn't live up to all the hype they piled on him, those same writers will be all over it tearing him right back down.

However this works out, and whether Crosby likes the attention or not(and I'm certain he does, being a superstar player is like being a fighter pilot, there's a certain amount of ego involved), all this hype could very well turn out to be a very bad thing.

However this works out, and whether Crosby likes the attention or not(and I'm certain he does, being a superstar player is like being a fighter pilot, there's a certain amount of ego involved), all this hype could very well turn out to be a very bad thing.

He went to one of the most prestigous boarding schools out east in Canada....

He's been educated and taught proper mannerisms since he was 14. Let's give the kid some credit, he has not once shown signs of getting an ego, so let's refrain from the accusations until we acually see characteristics of it.

No disputing he deserves the kudos. But it's too much in your face about Sid the Kid. I hope he continues to do well but if he ever crashes and burn the same media will tear him apart. All the other young stars sometimes get overlooked because of the media's obsession with him.