The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Motorcat

Babchuk suspended

Hearing reports that Babchuk has been suspended by the Hurricanes indefinately for failure to report to the Albany River rats.

source - 850 The Buzz ..... off a press release from the Hurricanes

:shock: WHAT? Um...I am not even sure what to say to that.....wow

given the roster, Tanabe and Hutch should have gone before him. though at his young age doing this has taken quiet a set of **you know**

Who can seriously blame him....

I can sort of see where you are coming from, but its his job.

Let's see, play hockey with an AHL team until JR can make decisions about what exactly he wants to do...ooor don't go to the AHL team and get kicked of the NHL team? Doesn't seem like a hard decision

He might have felt like he was being pointed out as the reason for the losing streak. Someone had to go down or be inactive though. I predict 2 more defensemen, not sure which, are going to be traded for a Samsanov or a Forsberg. SOON.

well, sending Babs down I don't think was a real good move. I would have much rather put Tanabe or Hutch on waivers and gone that route. Babs has done all Lavi has asked and then some.

Who can seriously blame him....

I can sort of see where you are coming from, but its his job.

Let's see, play hockey with an AHL team until JR can make decisions about what exactly he wants to do...ooor don't go to the AHL team and get kicked of the NHL team? Doesn't seem like a hard decision

If he gets "kicked off" he's going to get "picked up" really fast by a team that wants him and he'll get what he wants real fast. Kid's actually very smart.

He might have felt like he was being pointed out as the reason for the losing streak. Someone had to go down or be inactive though. I predict 2 more defensemen, not sure which, are going to be traded for a Samsanov or a Forsberg. SOON.

I honestly think JR will go for Foppa, great lead and pretty good on draws too.

Nuke thats not like you

I'm just hoping that just a case of Anton being stubborn, & not that something's wrong or he didn't even make it to Albany.

Yah, this is true

um trading for samsonov would not be smart since hes um...free right now....waivers

Who can seriously blame him... outta 10 d-men he was top 6... and he got sent down

Maybe so but his contract and time in the league allows the Hurricanes to send him down without having to clear waivers.

All he had to do was report - play 10 days till the Hurricanes can clear some room for him to bring him back.

Stupid, absolutely stupid move on his part - no doubt he just became trade material if he was not already.

Wow! Do you think we could make a trade for Forsberg?

it may be money, at the NHL level he get's his contract $$$ of $900,000 i think. in albany he makes $50,000. i don't think i would willing take that kind of pay cut.

Who can seriously blame him... outta 10 d-men he was top 6... and he got sent down

Maybe so but his contract and time in the league allows the Hurricanes to send him down without having to clear waivers.

All he had to do was report - play 10 days till the Hurricanes can clear some room for him to bring him back.

Stupid, absolutely stupid move on his part - no doubt he just became trade material if he was not already.

Oh yea hes more then likely not going to wear a Canes uniform again JR doesnt put up with this crap. But either way Babs is gonna be on a team that wants him and prolly soon.

Hell I think we can get alot more for Babs then Hutch anyway. It just kinda sucks cause as much as I'd love to hold onto hutch because hes really not bad. He's NHL ready and hes wasting time in his career being a backup of a backup of a backup. I want to see Hutch gone just so he can have a fair shot as his career, I think it's unfair for us to be holding onto him.

I dont know all the contract details but sometmes that as much to do with the decision as on Ice.

I would have kept Tanabe active over Babs but it is not even close that Hutch - with all contract issues equal should have been the odd man out.

I have lost all respect for him now , be a man and live up to your contract obligations.

This could actually hurt us in the trade market as we may be viewd as having to dump a defenseman or two and teams may be not as eager to offer fair value.

I'm just hoping that just a case of Anton being stubborn, & not that something's wrong or he didn't even make it to Albany.

I really hope he's ok, ya gotta me worried now.

ummm I dont think a press statement would be made if the canes only knew half the story....

um trading for samsonov would not be smart since hes um...free right now....waivers

True. Perhaps they told Babchuk to not report, and the 2 players are going to slide across the blue line as free agents. LOL I doubt it. We could still send players to get Forsberg though, with Samsanov as a easy signing right?

Babs has done all Lavi has asked and then some.

Not trying to be start something but how do you really know that ?

The impression I got was they really had to baby this guy along developement wise.

He makes glaring mistakes with the puck and his decision making process can be questioned also. Dude is big and quick but really has he been all that for us ?