The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Motorcat

Babchuk suspended

Since the other thread about Anton going to Albany is locked, I thought I'd add onto this one.

I'm glad he finally surfaced, and I think he should can that agent also !!!

I agree that he should can the agent....

And I don't know that he is taking a 90% pay cut. His contract states that he would make approximately $900,000 per year at the NHL level and $90,000 at the AHL level...

That DOES NOT mean that just because he plays a few games in the AHL that he will only make $90,000 this year (and I still wouldn't feel sorry for him if he did).... The contracts are pro-rated on a per-game basis.

So don't go donating to the Baby Anton Babchuck "pay the light bill" fund just yet... he will still make anywhere between $750,000 to $800,000 this year.... not too shabby.

He's going to be upset though when he finds out that he has to pay taxes!

-Loco.

I don't think money was his problem, I still think it was his pride. I also think the Rats schedule against the Admirals stung alittle too. Now if we can get Jesse and Keith to teach him how to throw a punch while he is in Albany, we'll be set! It wouldn't hurt him to take a couple of hits too, just for the immaturity he displayed this week.

Some people just have too much pride? lol

Yeah, yeah, say whatcha want about Cullen, he's adjusting to the whole New York scheme. If you aren't from New York like me, you probably wouldn't get what I just said. Anyways, he did rise from the bottom, which was my main point. (From being in some EU league, to coming to Carolina in 05-06) Too bad the year was shortened, Cole would've been an All-Star (or at least should've) and since the next All-Star game is in Atlanta, even if it is in our enemy (Thrashers) stadium, I would drive there for a long weekend and attend depending on who is on the ballot, who's selected in and junk.

While it may be that Babs was given bad advice and/or a lousy contract deal by the agent, in the end Babchuk was the one who had the final decision about whether to obey his boss and the terms of his contract or kick up a fuss. He made a very bad decision this time and he'd better hope it doesn't turn around and bite him in the .

Yeah, yeah, say whatcha want about Cullen, he's adjusting to the whole New York scheme. If you aren't from New York like me, you probably wouldn't get what I just said. Anyways, he did rise from the bottom, which was my main point. (From being in some EU league, to coming to Carolina in 05-06) Too bad the year was shortened, Cole would've been an All-Star (or at least should've) and since the next All-Star game is in Atlanta, even if it is in our enemy (Thrashers) stadium, I would drive there for a long weekend and attend depending on who is on the ballot, who's selected in and junk.

I'm originally from New York, and though I've been living in NC for a few years rooting for the Hurricanes, the Blueshirts are still "my team" and I follow them as closely as possible. In fact, I'll be at the Rangers-Hurricanes game this Thursday, wearing my blue Rangers sweater.

Yeah, yeah, say whatcha want about Cullen, he's adjusting to the whole New York scheme. If you aren't from New York like me, you probably wouldn't get what I just said. Anyways, he did rise from the bottom, which was my main point. (From being in some EU league, to coming to Carolina in 05-06)

Uh, he was in some EU league because of the lockout. As was about half the team. He wasn't given a qualifying offer by FLA in 04 and was shortly thereafter signed by the Hurricanes.

Cullen had 49 points last year, which topped his previous career high of...48 points. Cullen struggled alot at times last year and is again struggling this year. He's still on pace for something like 40 points, which isn't too far off his career average or last year's point total...but that's the point. He simply isn't a very good offensive player and the Rangers vastly overpaid for him coming off a Cup win thinking he was a second line center when absolutely nothing in his career history would indicate so.