The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Motorcat

Babchuk suspended

what kind of things did he do that were so bad??

He got frustrated with some fans yelling at him. So he threw a water bottle into the stands and ended up hitting a kid in the head. He was suspended for a few games.

I also think he didn't want to play for Chicago in the AHL either, and he wasn't friendly in the lockeroom.

I'd be shocked to see him ever play for the canes again. It wouldn't suprise me if he never played in the NHL again. I can't figure out what he'd be thinking about? The only thing I can figure is he's thinking about tkaing his stick and puck and going back to Russia. Otherwise there is no thinking. You report to the minors and demand a trad, this is really only hurting his shot at the NHL with any team not only the canes.

Apparently lots of Euros have contract clauses that allow them to go home instead of the minors and still be undercontract?

I don't know what people see in Anto either. He's not that great, he does have potential, but I kinda think he has alittle Brendl in him.

There could be a lot of cultural issues here... he's Russian, his parents are here with him... the transfer involves loss of prestige and a boatload of money (in a weekly breakdown)... and he and the folks might have just had a meltdown at home after talking about it. Could be that he and his parents believe him to be NHL material NOT AHL material, period. All the ins-and-outs of salary caps, waivers/no waivers, trading deadlines, etc may have gotten lost in the initial emotional outpouring.... and then comes a very regrettable arms-crossed, not-leaving-this-patch-of-real-estate decision to stay put.

I do believe that he has just shot himself in the foot with the Hurricanes. He will not be employed here again. However, he will undoubtedly skate for someone else.... NHL? AHL? remains to be seen. His agent will be doing some very fancy tapdancing and playing the young, russian, and has-a-lot-to-learn-card for anyone making an inquiry. It's not as if professional sports is not overflowing with individuals in possession of oversized self-estimations.

Good luck, Anton. I hope that as your hockey skills develop, so does your personal maturity and ability to think and see past TODAY. I hope.

um trading for samsonov would not be smart since hes um...free right now....waivers

True. Perhaps they told Babchuk to not report, and the 2 players are going to slide across the blue line as free agents. LOL I doubt it. We could still send players to get Forsberg though, with Samsanov as a easy signing right?

i spoke with a member of the hurricanes today, not a player but a suit, who told me about this. according to him he babs suspended b/c they did not want to send him to the minors, and this was done b/c a move is about to be made. i didnt understand what they guy meant until i read the press release. believe me or not, i had to post this info b/c i see posts about babchuk that are negative when that is not the case. babchuk has no reason not to report!! this is a shrewd move by the management, and here comes a trade or two!!!!

um trading for samsonov would not be smart since hes um...free right now....waivers

True. Perhaps they told Babchuk to not report, and the 2 players are going to slide across the blue line as free agents. LOL I doubt it. We could still send players to get Forsberg though, with Samsanov as a easy signing right?

i spoke with a member of the hurricanes today, not a player but a suit, who told me about this. according to him he babs suspended b/c they did not want to send him to the minors, and this was done b/c a move is about to be made. i didnt understand what they guy meant until i read the press release. believe me or not, i had to post this info b/c i see posts about babchuk that are negative when that is not the case. babchuk has no reason not to report!! this is a shrewd move by the management, and here comes a trade or two!!!!

if in fact this is true this is a very smart move by the hurricanes...but i dont really know if i can believe you...if we keep babs and a trade goes through in the next two days then u have my trust

Ah a smoke screen of sorts. Suspend him to a

if in fact this is true this is a very smart move by the hurricanes...but i dont really know if i can believe you...if we keep babs and a trade goes through in the next two days then u have my trust

I'm sure he feels better knowing you'll trust him :lol:

I hope this is true. I think Babchuk is a good player that will be great one day. I still remember the first game he played with the Canes. All I could think when was "holy sh$t" when his slap shots hit the boards. I could have swarn they were gonna break the glass or fly through the boards and hurt a poor fan. He also sounds like a very studious player. Goes in watches videos of his games to see where he can improve. I agree with most people. Get rid of Tanabe or Huch. Babchuk is wwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to valuable to lose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well I think its safe to say Babchuk is the one going because I believe if hes "suspended" even though its a suspension by the Canes it was imposed by NHL rules. Babs has to report to the AHL for 10 days regardless correct. Unless he's dealt.

I guess we will all find out in a week or two :):( Then again maybe Chuck, Tripp or John will have some insight in this matter come tomorrow. I pray and pray and pray that they will

i hope they tell us something, i can't take the suspense!

I'm not sure I understand how putting him in suspension works. Can someone explain this and how it effects a trade? Thanks.

I'm not sure I understand how putting him in suspension works. Can someone explain this and how it effects a trade? Thanks.

Well it keeps them from having to actually send him to the minors, and it opens a spot for Kaberle to comeback. With kaberle we had 24 people, so Anton was sent down, but he didn't report so he was suspended.

it frees up a space till we can trade, so Jr is close to a trade maybe if you want to take the conspiracy route. :lol:

Call me stupid but I'm confused. I guess I just don't understand this. They didn't want to send him to the minors so they come up with this plan. Why not just say I'm about 98% done making a trade so I need to send you to Albany for 2-3 days until its finalized. I don't get the whole we don't want to send him to Albany so we'll just suspend him.

Well it keeps them from having to actually send him to the minors, and it opens a spot for Kaberle to comeback. With kaberle we had 24 people, so Anton was sent down, but he didn't report so he was suspended.

it frees up a space till we can trade, so Jr is close to a trade maybe if you want to take the conspiracy route. :lol:

Does him actually spending time in Albany (even just 3 days) effect his trade status somehow? Maybe make him less valuable as he would then be traded as an AHL player and not an NHL player? Maybe it would nullify the trade...and maybe I just answered my own question :shock:?

Does him actually spending time in Albany (even just 3 days) effect his trade status somehow? Maybe make him less valuable as he would then be traded as an AHL player and not an NHL player? Maybe it would nullify the trade...and maybe I just answered my own question :shock:?

exactly - if the right kind of trade goes down we stand the potential of having Babs stuck in the minors for 10 days.

It would be nice if this all really is shrewd management