The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
biggssalvatore

The Czech Condor is back

At last Belanger scored every few games. :cry: Vasicek was always a favorite of mine, but what has he done to warrant a return in place of one of our few average scorers?

Is he significantly cheaper or something?

yeah this is exactly what i was thinking....i mean Joe is great and all, but Belanger was a great 3rd liner....oh well, maybe Vasi has been doin pretty well in Nashville. He has 13 points in 38 games, 29 PIMS, and is a +1. Belanger had 20 points in 56 games, 14 PIMS, and was a -2.

I dunno, seems a little even, but maybe somethin internal happened with Belanger...who knows...all i can say is, welcome back Condor, and i hope this isnt the only trade we are going for. we need some more offense. trading one offenseman for another doenst do us any good. please, lets have another trade soon?

we need some more offense. trading one offenseman for another doenst do us any good. please, lets have another trade soon?

Yeah, that would ease the pain for me. :Oops:

I guess what also bothers me about this trade is that it seems we essentially traded Jack Johnson for Gleason and.....Vasicek. :-o Suddenly it seems even more lopsided!

I guess what also bothers me about this trade is that it seems we essentially traded Jack Johnson for Gleason and.....Vasicek. :-o Suddenly it seems even more lopsided!

Or you could say Walker was essentially acquired for Belanger. :wink:

That's not too shabby.

Maybe this means that Gelinas, Roberts and Shanahan are also coming back? Maybe even Cullen and A.Ward?

I like Big Joe as much as anyone but is this a step backwards? Well at least we know he won't mess with chemistry in the locker room, he was well liked.

For the record, I never thought that Belanger seemed too comfortable here and I still had trouble pronouncing his name. Just didn't flow off the toungue too easy...

Maybe this means that Gelinas, Roberts and Shanahan are also coming back? Maybe even Cullen and A.Ward?

I like Big Joe as much as anyone but is this a step backwards? Well at least we know he won't mess with chemistry in the locker room, he was well liked.

For the record, I never thought that Belanger seemed too comfortable here and I still had trouble pronouncing his name. Just didn't flow off the toungue too easy...

I really liked Belanger, and thought if they could only add a good third line scorer to the mix that he could really take off. He had the speed and hunger, he just lacked the finish. The only negative was that he'd be a free agent at the end of this season.

I'm pretty shocked, to say the least. Wasn't expecting this at all.

yeah in the end, it was a stupid move, but like i said, maybe there was somethin internal with Belanger that we will never know about that happened. We all know Joe was always loved here.....

as far as salaries are concerned,

Vasicek: $1,300,000 through this season

Belanger: $1,300,000 thorugh this season

so basically, he isnt cheaper, but isnt more expensive.....

agian, must be something about Belanger that isnt clicking internally....just my opinion

agian, must be something about Belanger that isnt clicking internally....just my opinion

Yeah, that's what I was HOPING the reason was...not that I like the possibility of Belanger not liking it here or anything, but you get what I'm saying.

Thanks for the salary report by the way. :)

This could be a "building for the future" move as well as a "gearing up for a playoff run" move. There won't be any trouble with Joe fitting in with the team, and he's shown flashes of brilliance in the past and still has the potential to get better.

Vasicek's and Belanger's career stats are very similar, and while personally I would prefer Belanger's speed to Vasicek's size, this deal just might work out. He can be very good if he stays healthy.

Don't forget that Vasicek, unlike Belanger, can and has played on the wing. His most recent ice time in Carolina was almost exclusively at LW.

He could be viewed strictly as a third-line center or maybe he is thought of as a wing and a new center is soon to follow.

I did something simliar to JR today. I went to my favorite restaurant and ordered an egg salad sandwich. It smelled a little off. I think it was turning, so I sent it back. A little later, I was really hungry for egg salad. So, I asked them to bring the sandwich back. They told me that it was in the garbage. I told them it was ok and asked them to bring it anyway. My stomach hurts a little and I'm staying close to the toilet.

I did something simliar to JR today. I went to my favorite restaurant and ordered an egg salad sandwich. It smelled a little off. I think it was turning, so I sent it back. A little later, I was really hungry for egg salad. So, I asked them to bring the sandwich back. They told me that it was in the garbage. I told them it was ok and asked them to bring it anyway. My stomach hurts a little and I'm staying close to the toilet.

You should double check the menu. That sounds like you ordered the Svoboda salad sandwich. :wink:

Wow, i havent been able to get to the canes site for about 45 minutes. Guess Joe coming back made the board explode. :lol: Anyways, i dunno if this is good or bad, i just cant figure out why we are trading players, then turning around and taking them back? oh well, guess thats why im not GM. I could start a "if i ruled the canes thread" but kermal's answers might scare me again! :shock: Shes a tough lady!!! :wink: