The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
biggssalvatore

The Czech Condor is back

It's nice to have a third line center now, guess we didn't have enough chips to be in the running for a star, though it's possible there is some big trade coming he is part of. It wasn't a great trade, but the JJ trade is untouchable and will go down in history as one of the worst hockey trades ever. Don't even compare.

I don't believe he was getting much ice time in nash because they are so deep. He's got some potential and is at least good enough to be a third line center. Maybe now we can trade some excess dmen for a shutdown dman.

It's also nice to be back. :)

Dumbest trade ever. Belanger was pretty good, Big Joe always has been and always will be pretty bad with flashes of goodness here and there.
Shocked at the news and, yes, Vasicek is a streaky player. But I had great seats for this game -

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nhl/gamecenter/r...20031028_SJ@CAR

- and was impressed then and at other times when his game was on. He did go on to lead the team in scoring that year. A heathy Joe, with the ability to play LW or C, could be a small step up from Belanger.....at least here's hoping. :|

i think this is a very bad trade...we get somebody who we know can suck very badly at times and has a very bad injury problem for somebody who skates his butt of everynight and has 20 points on the third/forth line?? give me a break..another bad trade...we better make another one becuase we still have to many dmen

i think this is a very bad trade...we get somebody who we know can suck very badly at times and has a very bad injury problem for somebody who skates his butt of everynight and has 20 points on the third/forth line?? give me a break..another bad trade...we better make another one becuase we still have to many dmen

20 points is not exactly awe inspiring, considering he also saw a fair amount of pp time.

People who are panning this deal, what did Belanger do that was so great? Most nights I felt I hardly noticed him. Other than being good at faceoffs, I don't see what other redeeming qualities he's really brought us this year. He may be more valuable than Vasicek can be, but if its true he was discontent here, I'm not gonna shed any tears for him.

This is a travesty. Belanger had potential.

I sat here and accused Nashville of being the laughing stock of the league when they traded Walks for Vasi and now they are the last ones laughing.

The folks on predzone.com are laughing at us:

Prior to this summer's less than blockbuster deal, Vasicek had been a career long Carolina Hurricane, and a player that that the Canes' fans and media had no problem letting Nashville know would now be our problem. Indeed, the knock on Vasicek in the early hours of the original trade was that he was lazy and enigmatic, and the common consensus seemed to be that the Predators got fleeced on the deal. Certainly that won't be the case this time around as Carolina finds justification for bringing back the enigma.

http://www.predzone.com/article.php?id=479

Rutherford got reamed on this one. I hope Nashville lubed up. Worst trade in years for our GM....absolutely stupid move. Belanger HAD to be worth more than a washed up, oft-injured guy who is afraid to hit.....? I'm still shocked that Rutherford did this trade. His penchant for reaquiring former players, is getting to be a habit...a VERY bad habit.

Maybe Rutherford felt guilty about stealing Walker for Vasicek....that trade was even more lopsided than Belanger for Vasicek...which is still a stinker of a trade. Man I'm pissed!

As far as im concerned this trade was rediculous.Joe is way to slow and thats not what we need right now.Whats with JR bringing back players he trades away,he looks foolish.

I'm not applauding or booing until I see what's in store for an encore.

IF the rumor about Belanger having words with Lavi is true or there is in fact a perceived attitude or locker room issue, then I doubt that the Preds fans will have the last laugh.

i think we should all chill...sit back...and wait to see if he'll bring his A game. hopefully he will! everyone can at least recognize that he does have it in him.

i hope that in a couple weeks he'll prove some of you wrong, and have you saying "well i guess that wasn't such a bad trade after all"

:) at least give him a chance! and if he ends up sucking...well, i'll...eat a box of oreos.

Joe for Peter. Now that be something to brag about, though I don't know what would be worse for the rest of the season, Joe playing and not scoring or Forsberg on the IR.

:) at least give him a chance! and if he ends up sucking...well, i'll...eat a box of oreos.

OH OH ME too! I will eat oreos too! LOL

Like your sig BTW Jwillie

sami kapanen was my favorite player in 7th grade! haha

he's wayyyy past his prime, though. i wonder who we would trade for him?

Kapanen wasnt my very favorite but I liked him cause of his speed.

sami kapanen was my favorite player in 7th grade! haha

he's wayyyy past his prime, though. i wonder who we would trade for him?

Kapanen wasnt my very favorite but I liked him cause of his speed.

i liked him because we have the same name (kind of) :Oops: haha

i wasn't a very bright kid

sami is not coming back...he said he loves it in phili and phili loves him benig there...and i liked having a french canadian on our team because of teh fact that montreal interviewed him on center ice the other day it was pretty cool even though i had no clue what he was saying...lol

sami is not coming back...he said he loves it in phili and phili loves him benig there...and i liked having a french canadian on our team because of teh fact that montreal interviewed him on center ice the other day it was pretty cool even though i had no clue what he was saying...lol

If I were him, I would rather have a big fat Carolina_Hurricanes.gif on my jersey! :):lol:

Not just Joe, we'd probably have a Dman and draft picks along. There's also rumors about Sami Kapanen coming back...??

speaking of bad trades... I can't believe anyone would classify this one as worse than Kapanen for Brendl

Well, I read through all the posts before giving my 2 cents worth. I was hoping someone would give me some encouraging insight into why this was a good trade. Unfortunately my first reaction seems to be the common feeling here... what in the world is JR thinking? Vasinocheck is a know quantity...he's big, but he doesn't use his size...he's soft and he's slow. We gave him plenty of time to develop the potential someone in the Canes organization thinks he has, until we decided he wasn't going to develop it here. Well he didn't change in Nashville and I don't have any reason to believe he's gonna change here the second time around.

I can't agree with any move that doesn't at least give us some upside and I don't see it here. Its a wash at best so, for what its worth, I vote :?: :roll: :cry: on this trade.