The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
biggssalvatore

The Czech Condor is back

Don't know what JR was thinking trading a fast aggressive 3rd liner for a slower, less productive forward. He's not a new NHL kind of guy. One thing he has done well for us in the past is screen the goalie which is a weakness that has kept the Canes from scoring of late despite their offensive talent.

I think we've come to the conclusion their was internal Coach v Player issues and unlike when Lavi was in NY and he got the boot... this time JR gave the player the boot.

I think we've come to the conclusion their was internal Coach v Player issues and unlike when Lavi was in NY and he got the boot... this time JR gave the player the boot.

And unlike the Hasek/Ted Nolan battle back in the 90's... where Nolan got the big kiss off after taking the team to the playoffs for the first time in years. I'm glad Teddy's back behind a bench -- I was kinda hoping he'd wind up here when Mo was headed for the door, but I like the deal we made then.

Vasicek's got all the tools, he just needs to figure out how to use them. If he ever does, he can be a formidable power forward. But you have to wonder -- does it really take this long to develop a forward? After 6 seasons in the league, you'd think he'd have established himself if he was going to.

But without knowing any of the details that led to the decision it's hard to rate this trade as good, bad of neutral. Seems like a lateral move on the surface of it. But as things shake themselves out, maybe we'll see it was a better move than we thought it would be. It would hardly be the first time we've wanted to put Lumpy in a 12-step program only to find out he really did know what he was doing after all.

Mabye with the injuries to Cole ,Stillman,and Walker JR thougt that Big Joe might be a better fit on the first or second line. He always seemed to be a nice guy,so I'm happy to see him back. Tanabe is a much better player on his second go around with the Canes, mabye Joe will pick up his game as well.

Well from what i have seen from Big Joe so far, he has not changed at all. Still the slowest one on the ice and afraid to throw his body around.

Looked good last night and picked up a point, few shots, maybe even a hit? I think he'd make a quality third line center. His style, size, and speed reminds me of mats sundin except 1/100th as talented.

For these two games, I think Joe has done a fine job working hard in the corners and on the cycle. He was forever last night on one shift positioned in front of the net (in the second period) and couldn't get anyone to give him a feed. That chemistry will come with time. Yes, he is slow, but I like what I've seen so far, including winning 75% of his faceoffs last night.

Two games don't make the deal, but I've watched Belanger's games with Atlanta and he's struggled. Joe's stats across the board, hits - takeaways - blocked shots - whatever, have been better. A healthy Joe working the corners and the slot could be worth the shot JR was thinking.

I like Jo centering Craig and Chad. It gives Jo the chance to plant that big body in front of the net and let Craig and Chad chase the puck down. Now all we need is for Craig and Chad to throw the puck at the net every chance they get and hope Jo screened the goalie or Jo deflects it in.

See this way it won't matter how slow Jo is, cause all we need him to do is stand in front of the net. Let the pit bulls take over and we might get ourselves a scoring line.

Colesy....did you forget how long it take SloJo to get to the front of the net.....lol

LMAO.

But think of this: While Craig and Chad are waiting for Jo to get down there and plant his butt in front of the net, Craig and Chad can get in a game of keep away. Then when Jo finally makes it to the front of the net, the opposing team will be so tired from chasing Craig and Chad that they won't be able to stop them from taking shots on net. Then all we have to do is cross our fingers and hope the puck finds the back of the net. :D

You guys would whine about the second coming of Christ, some would complain that his hair is to long, some would complain that his hair is to short, and the rest would want to know what's up with the beard!!!!

Pirate.....you saying he DOES walk on water???.....or just not walk fast enough on water???.....LOL

Just having some fun.....

Fan opinion would be split.

Some would say that he doesn't walk on water enough.

Others would see the video of it and say that that doesn't matter, that he should have walked on water sooner.

Then there'd be those ignoring the video and saying that he never has really walked on water, and that we should get rid of him and bring in another deity who could.

Finally, there'd be those who stand by JR for bringing back the second coming.

(And I'm just having some fun here, too. Kind of the whole walking on water/Vasicek skating on frozen water comparison. :lol: )