The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
biggssalvatore

The Czech Condor is back

What happened for Big Joe to draw the penalty last night? Was it something that transpired before the scrum. Looked to be a push near the goal and then some Cane looked to be sticking up for him when Joe came back to start mixing it up a little. Really surprised to see him go to the box. We were sitting back row upper level on the far side, hard to tell what transpired. Also looked like a lot of grabbing was not called last night.

I don't know what everyone is thinking when they say Larose and Adams just need to shoot it whenever they get it cause Joe will be at the net cause Joe doesn't understand that concept. I refer to Vasicek as the king of no-man's land cause he is the master of coasting by the net and rarely thinking of stopping. I wish he would plant himself infront of the net but he just won't cause he is a panzy. It's the same reason he didn't do anything against the Kings when he got punched in the face and then somehow got a roughing penalty. All he did was take it and then slowly skate to the box without saying anything. And everytime he checks it looks like he is in a no checking league or something cause he hesitates everytime and just taps the guy. The guy has no guts and I would have rather gotten a bag of pucks instead of getting back a guy who was scratched for Game 7 of the finals cause if he wasn't we probably would have Lost.

What happened for Big Joe to draw the penalty last night? Was it soething that transpired before the scrum. Looked to be a push near the goal and then some Cane looked to be sticking up for him when Joe came back to start mixing it up a little. Really surprised to see him go to the box. We were sitting back row upper level on the far side, hard to tell what transpired.

Joe was retaliating because he was hit across the back with a stick after the whistle, which the ref didn't see. :roll:

I think he's excellent for creating a wall behind the net. The canes can dump it in the zone behind the net and Joe can feed the wingers from back there. Opposing players can't get past him to challenge the puck. I saw him using the concept well last night. Rod is the master at that, he just needs to show Joe how to look for that open pass through the crease to the front of the goal. Give him time, he's only been back for 2 games.

I don't know what everyone is thinking when they say Larose and Adams just need to shoot it whenever they get it cause Joe will be at the net cause Joe doesn't understand that concept. I refer to Vasicek as the king of no-man's land cause he is the master of coasting by the net and rarely thinking of stopping. I wish he would plant himself infront of the net but he just won't cause he is a panzy. It's the same reason he didn't do anything against the Kings when he got punched in the face and then somehow got a roughing penalty. All he did was take it and then slowly skate to the box without saying anything. And everytime he checks it looks like he is in a no checking league or something cause he hesitates everytime and just taps the guy. The guy has no guts and I would have rather gotten a bag of pucks instead of getting back a guy who was scratched for Game 7 of the finals cause if he wasn't we probably would have Lost.

just to clarify that, he didn't get punched in the face. i was in perfect positioning to see that the kings' player hit joe in the back of his helmet with his stick. and he got the roughing penalty i'm assuming because he didn't really stop when the ref got inbetween him.

just to clarify that, he didn't get punched in the face. i was in perfect positioning to see that the kings' player hit joe in the back of his helmet with his stick. and he got the roughing penalty i'm assuming because he didn't really stop when the ref got inbetween him.

I was sitting right behind this so just to add, Jo got involved because one of the LA guys also took a swipe at Brind'Amour. So Jo went in to stick up for Brind'Amour and another LA guy hit Jo in the back of the head so he layed the punch.