The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
300Section

2007 WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

...that was sad. Kipper looked amazing tonight. He looked so upset after the game. :( Great job Flames for having a pretty good season and making this a really exciting game six. Hopefully next year's season will be better...just not as good as the Canes next season. ;)

I got two points from this in my Pick 'em game, but I would have gladly done without them if the Flames could have won. I root for teams that have good goal horns anyway, but I think we were all rooting for them for Kerri's sake. Sad to see them go... but if the Stars win tomorrow night, they can take care of Detroit and give them a taste of their own medicine. :lol:

:(:o:mellow: WE LOST!! OMG!! HOW ON EARTH DO WE LOSE AT HOME?????? NOT HAPPENING.... IT MUST BE A DREAM... *SLAPS SELF* NOPE.... WAKE UP KERRI!!! *PINCHES SELF* *sigh* i guess its not a dream.... :( well.... i knew it... i just KNEW it... i knew trading my Kobu.... aka Kobasew..... would come and bite us in the *edit* sometime.... but WHY at such a crucial time???? WHY????? GAH!! KOBASEW.... WE'RE SORRY!!! COME BACK AND BLESS US!!! *sigh* oh well.... life DOES go on... believe it or not. now i don't give a rats butt who who wins now... Tampa is even out... man; that was my back-up team.... *sigh* well.... there is more to life to hockey.... *gasp* can i say that on a hockey board??? idk if i can.... ok... maybe i should blank that out.... HAHA well, i now know why they lost.... that is besides the fact that Kobasew's trade cursed us... (you see, if he can't be on the Flames, the Flames can't win the Cup; we had better get him back!)... Kipper wants to play golf with me early this year.... oh how nice! :) i guess last year wasn't soon enough for him.... haha :P i say, if my boys, who i still LOVE btw... want to play golf early this year.... fine. its ok; they're humans, they have bad games... i love them b/c they're my boys.... nothing they do, or in this case or don't do, will make me hate them or not cheer for them. they're my team and i'll stick with them forever. :)

Good win Becky; you're team played well.

Until next year my boys.... :D

oh and in honour of my boys:

Loyal Fans

by, Kerri

The place is loud and filled with jerseys

And all the people cheer as one unit

They shoot and they score

The crowd goes berserk

The horn's bellowing sound rings through the rink

The fans go wild; their team has won the prize

"We thank all the fans

They have been very great."

Then they hoist their prize;

The huge Stanley Cup!

But who wouldn't cheer when their team does well?

What about when their team doesn't do so great?

The tears flow freely

and the jeers won't stop.

They say, "I never liked them anyway.

It was luck that they made it this far."

Loyal fans they are not

To drop their team so fast.

What shameful fans they are

Turning their backs on them.

What does a true and loyal fan look like?

What is it that makes them so different?

The joy in their eyes;

Smiles on their faces?

Is it the excitement on their faces

When their team scores and wins the whole series?

Or the tears of joy

When they see the Cup?

Is that really it?

Is that really all?

No; it is so much more that simply that.

It takes devotion when their team has lost;

Courage to cheer on

By themselves alone.

The hurt they feel when their team's tears roll down

And the strength to support them to the end.

The pride and joy felt

When they see their team.

There is no shame here;

Just pride to be fans.

They may not win the game or the Stanley Cup;

They tried their best and that's what matters most.

Are you a true fan?

Or do you give up?

Do you stick with them to the bitter end?

Are you proud of them after a lost game?

If you do these things

You deserve a prize.

You are a true fan;

Your team is lucky.

This poem is devoted to the Flames

For their effort in the Stanley Cup run.

They may not have won

Or gotten that far

But they deserve a round of applause, too

For making it to the Stanley Cup run.

Congratulations

My beloved Flames!

You guys make me proud;

Can't wait 'til next year!

That is an awesome poem Kerri! I'm sorry the Flames lost though..I really wanted them to move forward. It definitely wasn't for the lack of trying though...the wings just got their shot through first.

That is an awesome poem Kerri! I'm sorry the Flames lost though..I really wanted them to move forward. It definitely wasn't for the lack of trying though...the wings just got their shot through first.

Thanks Katie; that means a lot. I like my poem; wrote that one last year when they got kicked out and everyone was saying they sucked... picked me right off... so i wrote that... i love it haha not to brag or anything... haha well, i hope the next team kicks the Wongerless Wings butts.

Sorry about the Flames Kerri. Kipper played amazing, that last goal in OT was a heartbreaker. Look at it this way, you can watch the rest of the playoffs without stress now, like us. What a great place to watch a game, Calgary certainly had a great atmosphere going on.