The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Rod-The-Bod

Is Anyone Else Getting Center Ice in French?

I don't see what the issue is either...they've done this for a while...there's nothing Center Ice can do...what do you want them to do...create their own separate broadcast for Habs games that are only carried on RDS for English speaking Center Ice viewers? Personally, I think it's cool (and I don't even speak French), and it's just one game, you only play them four times a year anyway, I don't see what the big deal is...

I'm calling tomorrow ........... I paid for broadcasts I could listen too - not surrender monkey speak - if I wanted that, I'd be living in France drinking wine and eating snails.

not very nice. i could come back with a bunch of stereotypes myself about southern americans. but i'm trying to bridge the gap.

You're right, it wasn't very nice. Please do not make such remarks about the French language, or any other language.

We have no right to become upset when someone stereotypes us if we just do the same to them.

now, back to business.

I'm bilingual, and I actually prefer RDS to CBC, personally. Mostly because RDS is more of a "homer" station, whereas CBC is all about the Leafs. Plus I love the LE TIR, ET LE BUUUUUUUT!

TSN is not bad, but i could do without Gord Miller.

We don't get any of those stations down here in NC. We're patiently awaiting the NHL Network.

We don't get any of those stations down here in NC. We're patiently awaiting the NHL Network.

In case you missed it Center Ice never promised you all of the games for the Canes.

Center Ice has been doing this all season in order to cover as many games as they possibly can. They did this last season as well for one of the Montreal/Carolina games.

I think you'd be better off complaining to FSN than Center Ice because there is nothing Center Ice can do if there isn't a feed.

Frank is back, the Canes got 2 points, and those of us who have Center Ice still got video of the game. Why can't we just be happy?

Wow, glad I was watching with both my mother and Katy who know French. They were able to give me the gist of the commentary. Besides, I didn't really need to listen to the commentators to get what was going on during the game. Except for why JWillie left, but I just checked the boards and apparently Chuck had talked about it so I was fine.

And I was ecstatic about the feed! Who cares if it was in French? Not me! I'd listen to it in whatever language as long as I could see it! :)

I knuckled under and listened to Chuck on the radio with the sound off. Having the audio feed about two seconds ahead of the video was a little annoying but – once I got the hang of it – it did help me anticipate the action!

I did turn the sound back on during the intermission when they were interviewing our Eric Belanger. Couldn’t understand Eric’s answers or make any sense at all of the interviewer’s questions … nothing new there, I have the same problem when Tripp is doing the interviewing! :D

I guess [not smart] sabres fan, hes right, montreal speak freanch and center ice is brodcasting there T.V its in french, they dont give a crap about us, they say screw it! all you need to know whats going on, and stop depending on the brodcasters. [just like in a game]

ok, if yall were real fans you would know that the same thing happened last year when they play at montreal. the game was only broadcast in french. its one game, deal with it. i cant stand the french language but just mute the tv and turn chuck on. its their primary language there so we realy cant say anything. but, it said on center ice the day before it was only in french and i had to deal with it last year.

yes - have Chuck on radio and TV audio muted

That was really strange wasn't it? I could hear score before they actually scored which I really didn't like but couldn't stand to hear them talk French when I had no idea what they were saying.

I'm calling tomorrow ........... I paid for broadcasts I could listen too - not surrender monkey speak - if I wanted that, I'd be living in France drinking wine and eating snails.

ummmm, the game was in Montreal not France. I was just happy to have center ice and be able to see the game. ( ofcourse it helps to understand french) . Just a thought , turn on your radio and then watch the game...TADAHHHHthroll-eyes1.gif.....I'm reading these posts and it's like the end of the world has come, c;mon people. By the way the french language is a pretty cool language

I really can't believe that people are acutally bickering over this topic. Did I like listening to it in French? No, but only becuase I can't speak it but I was glad I could at least watch the game and listen to Chuck on the radio. The stereotyping is so elementary and I thought the majority on here were adults and a few teens. I can deal with one game a season like this but I couldnt' stand it if I had no CI option.

Seriously, what is this topic even about now.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp guys. The game was not televised here, meaning the only stream CI could even begin to pick up was Montreal's since it was the only television coverage there was. It has nothing to do with DirecTV liking us or not, or Montreal liking us or not, or even bad luck. If any blame can be placed, it's on us for not drawing enough crowd to watch the games on TV to get them to televise every game.

Watching the Canes vs. Habs game in French rocked! Seriously, why are people complaining about the language? It was cool to hear the excitement in their voices, even though I couldn't understand them (save for "french word, french word, french word, french word, Erik Cole, french word, french word")

It was a blast.

Anyways, most announcers and especially Color Analysts need to be gagged or at least muted (Cane CA, included). Tell me about the game, and relate to me. Don't tell me about Commodore's dental habits.

PS - And if I hear Tripp talk one more time about who he can't understand the "kicking the puck" rule, so help me! :x