The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

NBC drops Mar. 4 Canes-ATL game

Very odd this weeks game between Pitt and Wash which was so publicized is not telecast in my area, the one broadcast for me is Rangers and Blackhawks I live on the Outer Banks, what game are you recieving today? Will watch Wash-Pitt game on center ice alternating between the Daytona 500

And don't forget philly has more fans with a horrible team than we have with a cup winning team. It's all a numbers game with them. And they really should be promoting crosby like they are starting to for this week's Crosby/AO matchup. Have they been advertising on actual TV or just hockey sites?

They are advertising this week's matchup during the golf tournament on today, so props I guess.

And to clarify, i don't watch golf, I'm just leaving it on nbc so i don't forget about the game.

Now that pisses me off. Why NBC broadcasts any games with the Flyers is beyond my reason. Especially now that they've lost Forsberg.

This might sound stupid to some of you, but I seriously blame Northern media bias. I mean...it's the Flyers.

I don't think the cancellation has anything to do with Phillie or Northern bias. I think it has more to do Crosby and the fact that the NHL is a regional sport. And when I say regional I don't mean that only people in the North watch hockey. By regional I mean, people are only interested in watching the NHL team in their region. If NBC showed the ATL/CAR game, I'm almost certain that they'd get high ratings in both Atlanta and Carolina and surrounding areas......but I'm almost equally certain that no one outside those areas would bother watching. That type of viewer ratings is ok for smaller stations like VS but not NBC. By showing the PIT/PHI game there's a greater chance more people around the country would be interested in watching Crosby.

This was a few pages ago, but you make a good point, Hoyle. My only problem is that even though Phi/Pitt might get a slightly larger national audience, but I just feel that with the state of hockey right now, it wouldn't be too much of a difference. Better to show a game between two teams still in the race.

Sorry if this point was already brought up. And by "Northern" I in no way meant "Canada." :D