The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
mrs-rb-17

Practice 2/20

I'll be there with my youngest. She'll be the 5 year old wondering where Stormy is. Anyone else gonna skip the President's day sales and come out for the practice?

I get Washington's Birthday off, so I'll likely be there. I think General Washington would approve. With his size and strength (not to mention missing his teeth), I imagine he could have been a pretty mean power forward in his day... :lol:

I'm not the best at recaping a practice but here are a few things I noticed:

Cole is obviously hurting--skating slow and grimacing a lot

Williams was not at practice-at least I did not see him

Stillman not there either

Brindy worked with his son on the ice towards the end of practice--too cute for words-even Hedican got into the act and was showing the kid some skating strides

looked like the guys were taking the practice seriously--skating hard, battling for the puck, etc.

Coach called a team meeting at 12:15-not sure if that is normal or not as I do not get to that many practices.

I'm sure someone can add more....

Good practice I thought. The guys seemed to show plenty of hustle. Brindyfan, your recap of the practice was pretty good. My daughter enjoyed seeing the little tike out there with his dad. I have to say, it's nice to see the family atmosphere in this organization. I don't recall that sort of thing from when I was a kid. Anyway....I liked the drill near the end of practice where the guys had to take the puck around the glove then under the stick and into the net- pretty cool. Anyone else see that?

Coach called a team meeting at 12:15-not sure if that is normal or not as I do not get to that many practices.

Team meeting as in, left the ice team meeting? I have never seen that before...but maybe I haven't been to enough practices? :?

Team meeting as in, left the ice team meeting? I have never seen that before...but maybe I haven't been to enough practices? :?

I thought you went to as many practices as Lavi? :lol: :lol: :wink:

I thought you went to as many practices as Lavi? :lol: :lol: :wink:

My point exactly...hmmm, now I am curious to know what it was all about

I'm not the best at recaping a practice but here are a few things I noticed:

Cole is obviously hurting--skating slow and grimacing a lot

Williams was not at practice-at least I did not see him

Stillman not there either

Brindy worked with his son on the ice towards the end of practice--too cute for words-even Hedican got into the act and was showing the kid some skating strides

looked like the guys were taking the practice seriously--skating hard, battling for the puck, etc.

Nice recap...I will add that Whitney also was not in practice. To compensate for all the missing forwards, Hutchinson and Seidenberg both dressed and practiced (mostly) as forwards.

Cole seemed fine until he took a pretty mean hit and spill in the left corner (where the Canes shoot once during games) during a drill. He got up gingerly, went down to the ice to stretch for a bit, and seemed to be fighting his way through the rest of practice after that.

marmiste mentioned the glove and stick drill that Jeff Daniels had (primarily) LaRose and Adams doing. LaRose was very good at it while Adams never could get the hang of it -- falling down on two of the attempts while trying to get around the glove. :Oops:

EDIT: Oh, one more thing -- Kaberle had a nasty looking black eye. Did he have that during the Montreal game? I couldn't recall.

Thought the guys looked pretty good. I didn't see Cole take a spill, but Wallin took a shot to the face right in front of me. He said something about his tooth and he had his hand over his mouth, but he was fine. I saw Brind'Amour huffing and puffing, and I saw him wince once or twice, but that could be from all the effort he puts into practice. As for any concerns about his ankle, looked like he was skating fine. Of all the practices I have gone to, never have I sat right in the front. Today when I did, it was awesome. Last practice I went to, Rod brought Reece and it was quite cute, but we were asked to leave before they started skating together. This time we got to see them interact, and it was absolutely precious. Grahame looked good. Hate Whitney and Williams were not there, so I hope they are ready for tomorrow. I'd say a pretty good practice, and definitely a joy to watch.

I also saw Kaberle's shiner, and I don't recall him getting hit on Saturday.

the mrs.

Red, Kaberle had that when I went to the practice on Friday, I kept trying to think if he got high sticked or something.

As far as Whitney and Williams not being there, perhaps we shouldn't worry too much, they weren't there on Friday and obviously played Saturday night :-) Gotta hope for the best