The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
300Section

2007 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

C'mon Isles, channel the spirit of last year's Oilers, who knocked out the President's Trophy winning Red Wings in 6 games. At least for the first round anyway, after that I don't really care. They already have Ryan Smyth, so thats a start.

I can't see the Islanders getting more than 2 wins out of this series. Buffalo is just too quick for them. But then again, who knows, anything is possible in the PO's, though I'm convinced that it's not the Isles forte' to knock them out of the playoffs.

Slugs will steam roll the Isles in 4 but will take on injuries. They will get through the next round also but will be working with a depleted line up heading into the ECF's. They will play the winner of the Pens/Sens series and get knocked out in 7 once again, not making it to the SCF's. I don't even know if this scenario is even possible but it sure would be interesting <_<

Slugs will steam roll the Isles in 4 but will take on injuries. They will get through the next round also but will be working with a depleted line up heading into the ECF's. They will play the winner of the Pens/Sens series and get knocked out in 7 once again, not making it to the SCF's. I don't even know if this scenario is even possible but it sure would be interesting <_<

I don't really think that this will be much of a series, but maybe the Isles can grind it out with Buffalo and make them a little tired as they move on to the next round.

Isles in 6, 3 overtime games won by the Isles in the first 5 minutes.

I am picking the Isles, remember last year we steamed roll over the Habs but after two games in the playoffs we were down 0-2. The playoffs change everything.

For real, don't mention the Wings

Sorry folks, Buffalo is going take it

Yes but that was the canes and we were playing out of minds. These are the Islanders we are talking about - Sure they played great the last couple of games and knotched the eigth seed. And the Sabres are not the Habs - Who by the way have got a twelve o'clock tee-time along with the Canes.

:o Whoa, Dennis Potvin (the guy from the Panthers who called out Eric Cole for diving) called out Ryan Miller for running his mouth and being too overconfident this morning on XM. He basically called out the whole team saying that they are so confident about their play that they may stumble somewhere along the way by taking opponents too lightly or not making the necessary adjustments. Just reporting what I heard.

Cues Sabre fans on this site to reply.....

Sabres are pretty healthy right now and just got a few players back. They are starting out fairly deep so the injury problem they had last playoffs shouldn't surface antime soon .

:o Whoa, Dennis Potvin (the guy from the Panthers who called out Eric Cole for diving) called out Ryan Miller for running his mouth and being too overconfident this morning on XM. He basically called out the whole team saying that they are so confident about their play that they may stumble somewhere along the way by taking opponents too lightly or not making the necessary adjustments. Just reporting what I heard.

Cues Sabre fans on this site to reply.....

Sabres are pretty healthy right now and just got a few players back. They are starting out fairly deep so the injury problem they had last playoffs shouldn't surface antime soon .

For real, don't mention the Wings

Sorry folks, Buffalo is going take it

Yes but that was the canes and we were playing out of minds. These are the Islanders we are talking about - Sure they played great the last couple of games and knotched the eigth seed. And the Sabres are not the Habs - Who by the way have got a twelve o'clock tee-time along with the Canes.

Buffaslug history dictates that hey will choke and even though these guys are good, who are they to mess with history.

As much as I want the Isles to salt the slugs, Buffalo should take the series. I guess I won't be going to Buffalo Brothers until the slugs are done. Anyone up for some escargot?

Hopefully:

Islanders 2 vs. Buffalo 1

Islanders 1 vs. Buffalo 4

Buffalo 2 vs. Islanders 3

Buffalo 4 vs. Islanders 2

Islanders 2 vs. Buffalo 1

Islanders 1 vs. Buffalo 6

Buffalo 1 vs. Islanders 3

Islanders wins series 4-3

Realistically....

Islanders 1 vs. Buffalo 5

Islanders 2 vs. Buffalo 4

Buffalo 3 vs. Islanders 2

Buffalo 4 vs. Islanders 2

Buffalo wins 4-0

The Sabres are far better equipped with speed and accuracy. The Sabres will win this series