The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
300Section

2007 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

Fun game, Sabres played physical, which really suprised me. Isles capitalized off our errors, so props to them for that.

The refs blowing the game for the Isles is crap seriouslly :wacko:

The Isles need to look at themselves before they just point the finger at the refs.

Yeah, they had a moment of silence for the people murdered in Va Tech. and they boo. :rolleyes: Then throw beer bottles, with beer still in it on to the ice. Everyone knows that was a penalty.

Wait...When did they do the moment of silence?

I know in the TB/Devils game, they did it before the game even started. If they did it after the game was over for the Sabres/Islanders game, that's just bad timing for a moment of silence.

Wait...When did they do the moment of silence?

I know in the TB/Devils game, they did it before the game even started. If they did it after the game was over for the Sabres/Islanders game, that's just bad timing for a moment of silence.

Like I said. Rick Jeanneret was the one who mentioned the fans booing during the game. He even said that they should've been kicked out.

I AM DISGUSTED BY THE ISLANDER FANS! :angry:

Of course, since it's Islanders ice, it's assumed that it's Islander fans. But from what I've seen, Sabres fans travel in packs, and have a reputation for crap like that.

Unless they specifically spotted the people booing, it's kinda hard to pin it on a particular fanbase.

Either way, it's way out of line.

Of course, since it's Islanders ice, it's assumed that it's Islander fans. But from what I've seen, Sabres fans travel in packs, and have a reputation for crap like that.

Unless they specifically spotted the people booing, it's kinda hard to pin it on a particular fanbase.

Either way, it's way out of line.

Why would Sabre fans be throwing beer bottles on the ice after the ref just made a penalty call against the Isles that clinched the game for the Sabres?

There were Sabre fans, but maybe only 200-300 there from what I heard. RJ said he was watching the Isles fan throw beer bottles from the 300 level.

Whatever.

Good win by the Sabres. They had a solid effort and deserved to win. They outshot the Isles 35-21. Look forward to Wednesday.

GO SABRES

ABB SUCKS

Wasn't talking about the throwing of objects on the ice. I was talking about the booing.

That's a bit of a low comment saying just assuming that the Sabre fans had no sympathy for the situation in VT. If you watched the momemnt of silence like me perhaps you would the boos were quite loud and clouldn't have come from Sabre fans.

That's a bit of a low comment saying just assuming that the Sabre fans had no sympathy for the situation in VT. If you watched the momemnt of silence like me perhaps you would the boos were quite loud and clouldn't have come from Sabre fans.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said the Sabres fans didn't have sympathy for VT. I'm sure everyone understands the severity of what went down there.

I did say that unless they could specifically point out the fans doing the booing, it's not right to assume that it was Islander fans doing it.

Isles have a chance if they don't beat themselves. Another game that was better than I expected. I must say its sooooooooo much better listening to a Slug game with unbiased announcers, I actually feel like I'm getting both sides of the story. John Forslund clearly is one of the best, obviously Versus feels the same way.

Isles have a chance if they don't beat themselves. Another game that was better than I expected. I must say its sooooooooo much better listening to a Slug game with unbiased announcers, I actually feel like I'm getting both sides of the story. John Forslund clearly is one of the best, obviously Versus feels the same way.

I agree with you about John Forslund. He is one of the better announcers on national TV.

BUT I LIKE RICK JEANNERET!

"THE COOKIE MONSTER STRIKES AGAIN" on Briere's 5 on 3 power play goal.

I agree with you about John Forslund. He is one of the better announcers on national TV.

If I was Sabre fan *gasp*, I would probably enjoy Jennerette too but his schtick gets old very quickly for us non-Sabre fans. Being a total homer is a big part of his act but its nice to get a fair assessment of both teams on the ice. At least he has a sense of humor unlike the whiner Dennis Potvin in Florida. :rolleyes:

If I was Sabre fan *gasp*, I would probably enjoy Jennerette too but his schtick gets old very quickly for us non-Sabre fans. Being a total homer is a big part of his act but its nice to get a fair assessment of both teams on the ice. At least he has a sense of humor unlike the whiner Dennis Potvin in Florida. :rolleyes:

From what I have heard from some people on SabresFans who attended the game, there was yelling during the moment of silence, not booing. It sounds like it was some Islanders fans in a section who used the silence as a way to yell things like "buffalo ****ing sucks" or various forms of it. I also heard that people yelled negative things about the Rangers (Isles fans obviously). Apparantly other Isles fans around them were rightly offended by it and told them to be quiet and show some respect, and were then met with comments like, "It's the playoffs, it's to be expected." Apparantly there was some ugly stuff going on in the crowd throughout the game, and then of course we all know what happened at the end since we saw it on TV.

Just throwing in some stuff that I read so that some of the questions can be cleared up.

I don't know what they showed on Versus, but on MSG, they just showed Miller for quite some time just sitting there on his knee in the crease while the Isles girls and the rest of the staff were cleaning the junk off the ice. He was just kind of staring and looking around, I don't know, the look on his face was just kinda funny. I just didn't want him to get hit with anything. haha

Just throwing in some stuff that I read so that some of the questions can be cleared up.

I don't know what they showed on Versus, but on MSG, they just showed Miller for quite some time just sitting there on his knee in the crease while the Isles girls and the rest of the staff were cleaning the junk off the ice. He was just kind of staring and looking around, I don't know, the look on his face was just kinda funny. I just didn't want him to get hit with anything. haha

hahahah Yeah Ryan got pelted a few good times tonight...I almost felt bad...almost. They definitely should have pulled him out to be sure he wasn't injured. :D

Oh man, every time he got hit in the face I was freaking out. :o:o I was out watching the game some where and I'm pretty sure everyone by me (aside from my friends, who already know that I'm insane and will practically have a heart attack at the mere thought of Miller getting injured lol) thought I was insane. Luckily, he felt alright afterwards, so there was no need for Conks. lol ;)

You know darn well Lindy would have been whining like crazy over the bad officiating costing his team the game had his team been down a goal and an Islanders player fallen down and the ref give the nearest Sabres player a penalty in the final two minutes :rolleyes: .

Whatever.

Good win by the Sabres. They had a solid effort and deserved to win. They outshot the Isles 35-21. Look forward to Wednesday.

GO SABRES

ABB SUCKS

It was a good game but the outcome was totally decided by the officials, there's no way to argue against that. BOTH teams had a very solid effort and with the shots 35-21 in favor of the Sabres I'd say the better game was played by the Islanders. They had a very good chance at tying the game before the blown call there at the end. And what's with the quick whistles for Miller when he gets clocked in the melon making a stop? His mask didn't come off or even come loose but they sure did stop the play giving Buffalo a nice break. At least now the Buffalo fans can't cry and whine about the officials being against them. I think they proved last night just the opposite, that Buffalo will get through this first round even if it takes a little help like they got last night :rolleyes: