The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
300Section

2007 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

You know darn well Lindy would have been whining like crazy over the bad officiating costing his team the game had his team been down a goal and an Islanders player fallen down and the ref give the nearest Sabres player a penalty in the final two minutes :rolleyes: .

Well...in game two, the Islanders scored their game winning goal on an Afinogenov tripping penalty. He could have raised hell about the fact that Satan was grabbing his stick and should have been called for that too, thus creating a 4 on 4. He could have raised hell, like the crowd did during the game (in a verbal way - not in a throwing things onto the ice way haha), but in his post game comments, all Lindy said was that regardless of how the officials called it, Afinogenov just shouldn't have had his stick there. oh my god...Lindy actually didn't blame the officials and took responsibility for his own teams' actions - who knew! ;)

The officiating was indeed horrible last night though....which is interesting, because Bettman was there.

It was a good game but the outcome was totally decided by the officials, there's no way to argue against that. BOTH teams had a very solid effort and with the shots 35-21 in favor of the Sabres I'd say the better game was played by the Islanders. They had a very good chance at tying the game before the blown call there at the end. And what's with the quick whistles for Miller when he gets clocked in the melon making a stop? His mask didn't come off or even come loose but they sure did stop the play giving Buffalo a nice break. At least now the Buffalo fans can't cry and whine about the officials being against them. I think they proved last night just the opposite, that Buffalo will get through this first round even if it takes a little help like they got last night :rolleyes:

I think the ref has the ability to stop the play at their discretion when something like that happens. Those were hard shots = Miller was cleary shaken up by them as he stumbled over and appeared to be pretty shaken up at the time. However, I agree that it can be done kind of unfairly depending on the ref. DP got hit in the face later on, and unfortunately the ref didn't see it and didn't stop play until DP got his attention.

I think the ref has the ability to stop the play at their discretion when something like that happens. Those were hard shots = Miller was cleary shaken up by them as he stumbled over and appeared to be pretty shaken up at the time. However, I agree that it can be done kind of unfairly depending on the ref. DP got hit in the face later on, and unfortunately the ref didn't see it and didn't stop play until DP got his attention.

Yea, I just heard Bossy this morning saying that he understood the first whistle b/c Miller was pretty much out of it but the second one was a totally uncalled for. They don't normally blow the play dead when any other player is hit and goes down, just kind of odd they were so quick to blow it dead when the Isles had a good chance with Miller knocked on his *edit*. At least now the Sabres can't complain about the officials being against them, they did a pretty good job of evening things up last night. I still can't beleive that call at the end that did the Islanders in, that was as bad if not worse (b/c it's the play-offs) than the Magoo call against the Oilers during the Dallas game. They've gotta find some way to review these extremely bad calls. I guarantee you all the official saw was the Sabres guy go down out of the corner of his eye and ASSUMED it was a trip and made a very bad call that doomed the Islanders from a come back goal. And to make it even worse there was a boarding call "missed" just before that against Buffalo. The Islanders player didn't even have the puck and was hit from the side/back into the boards, no call, then they give Buffalo a PP for one their own players tripping himself up :blink:

I'm surprised that the Islanders are actually hanging in there. Their keeping the games very close and are really making Buffalo work hard for their wins.

As for the refs, they didn't decide the game. I hate Buffalo as much as the rest, but the Islanders had plenty of chances to capitalize on their other chances and didn't. The refs once again missed blatent calls on both teams, and made ridiculous calls on both teams. It just so happened that a blatent call was missed and then a ridiculous calls was made right after that with less than 3 minutes left in the game. So that's what everyone remembers. The refs have been horrible all year and their still gonna be horrible, but the Islanders had plenty of PP chances and blew it cause they barely could get shots on goal.

The series ain't over yet and I'm sure the Islanders will bounce back just like they did in Game 2.

As far as the fans throwing stuff on the ice, the only thing that should be thrown on the ice is a HAT people. Its the fans own fault for getting that extra penelty.

I'm surprised that the Islanders are actually hanging in there. Their keeping the games very close and are really making Buffalo work hard for their wins.

As for the refs, they didn't decide the game. I hate Buffalo as much as the rest, but the Islanders had plenty of chances to capitalize on their other chances and didn't. The refs once again missed blatent calls on both teams, and made ridiculous calls on both teams. It just so happened that a blatent call was missed and then a ridiculous calls was made right after that with less than 3 minutes left in the game. So that's what everyone remembers. The refs have been horrible all year and their still gonna be horrible, but the Islanders had plenty of PP chances and blew it cause they barely could get shots on goal.

The series ain't over yet and I'm sure the Islanders will bounce back just like they did in Game 2.

As far as the fans throwing stuff on the ice, the only thing that should be thrown on the ice is a HAT people. Its the fans own fault for getting that extra penelty.

No it wasn't. The Islanders got that penalty because Robeti broke his stick and then shoved the referee. He was frustrated at the call. I'll admit we got lucky on that call and probally should've been a penalty, but it was stupid for Robeti to react the way he did.

hahahah Yeah Ryan got pelted a few good times tonight...I almost felt bad...almost. They definitely should have pulled him out to be sure he wasn't injured. :D

I definently want to see video or photos of this... Not for humor or fun... I'm just curious as to... "WHAT?".... Remember way back when in a certain city, some fans threw a banana at Weekes? Crazy idiot fans...

Speaking of snow and this crap of the disappearing spring, I went back home to good ole NC last weekend and damned if it wasn't snowing when I got there on friday, we ended up with like 3 inches, it stayed cold and finally all was gone by Sunday. Kind of messed up the family ramp dinner at my grandparents house.

ps $100.00 to the person who knows what ramps are

hint indigenous to the Appalachian Mountains

Ramps = A type of wild leek widely known in the Appalachian Mountians... don't they even have festivals centered around this?????

The refs are supposed to make no distinction in calling penalties between the last two minutes and the first two minutes of a game, but at all times, and especially in the final few minutes or in OT with a game on the line, penalties should never be called on suspicion of committing a penalty (just being next to someone who falls down from losing their edge or from fatigue - just maybe incidentally brushing against them). Refs should be absolutely certain without a doubt that they saw the infraction and not just the result and made an assumption. Yeah, it happens against a lot of teams, but I never saw any coach whine as much last season as Ruff about the officiating. Maybe Jacques Martin is a close second.

I definently want to see video or photos of this... Not for humor or fun... I'm just curious as to... "WHAT?".... Remember way back when in a certain city, some fans threw a banana at Weekes? Crazy idiot fans...

i think they're talking about when he got nailed in the helmet twice from shots

i think they're talking about when he got nailed in the helmet twice from shots

I was talking about the quote that she replied after.. The one about Ryan and the ice girls cleaning up the stuff they had thrown.

What night was this? The 16th? I watched this game.. I don't remember the moment of silence. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

Did Miller get hit with the debris? Wasn't sure, but I saw all of it on the ice..

What night was this? The 16th? I watched this game.. I don't remember the moment of silence. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

Did Miller get hit with the debris? Wasn't sure, but I saw all of it on the ice..

I didn't see the moment of silence either. I don't think it was on TV, (unless it was on versus, I was watching MSG, they were showing the pre game show and they didn't mention anything about it.) Rick Jeanneret was the one who mentioned it.

He started complaning about how classless the fans were and that they should've been removed from the arena by security.

And I don't think Miller got hit by any debris.

I heard something today about Linda Ruff saying that the Islander players were "trying" to hit Miller in the head with their shots. Don't you think if they were good enough to hit him in the head they'd be good enough to put it around him? Get out the klenex box folks looks like we're in for another whine boo hoo we're from Buffalo and we choke in every big game moment.

What a board by Teppo Numanen..numenin..

ISLESSSSSSSSSSS TIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It was funny... as SOON as the play was over Blake was all the sudden better was and able to skate off. <_<