The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
300Section

2007 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

well that sucks. Next game's all Isles :lol:

HA!

The Sabres have home ice advantage. They're going for the throat.

Well start rooting for the next team Caniacs. :P

Go Rangers? Man whats up with all this New York on New York action

Ironic isn't it? It be even funnier if we faced the New Jersey Devils in the ECF.

However New Jersey and Tampa Bay are tied at 2 so we might be facing the Bolts.

Hold it.

Let me clear something up here before this gets blown out of proportion more than it already has.

Lindy does NOT think that the Isles were trying to shoot at Miller's head.

It was a joke.

Someone asked him a question about it, and he responded in a joking manner and chuckled. He made some comment about The Jerk and Steve Martin and the cans getting shot ("He really hates these canes!"). It was pretty funny. Then he added something like about how the media is going to end up taking him seriously and freak out.

It was a joke.

The only person who thinks the Isles might have done it on purpose is Don Cherry. Go to CBC.com and watch Coach's Corner from last night.

How come when Ruff runs his mouth like he does, its ALWAYS a joke?

His comments, according to Buffalo fans, were always a joke during the ECF. Well his joke about the 'champagne on ice' wasn't very funny considering it involved a 7 year old trying to combat leukemia.

Ruff is disrepectful and a whiny little beatch. He can't even figure out who to give the 'C' to, so he has to alternate captains. That's not a tough choice, you give it to Drury, he's the real leader on that team.

I don't know what else to tell you...? Lindy is a sarcastic person, he jokes around a lot, that's what he does. It's his personality. I'm sorry that some people can't understand that. Some people like it, some people don't. I'm not saying it excuses him from everything he says, but this particular instance was obviously a joke - he laughed.

Lindy didn't even know why the champagne was there as far as I know. It was kind of stupid of him to assume, but I highly doubt he would have said that had he known what it was for, mainly because he had a cancer scare of his own last year when his young daughter had a tumor removed during the regular season.

And holy crap - who cares if he has two captains? It's cleary not hurting the Sabres...

How come when Ruff runs his mouth like he does, its ALWAYS a joke?

His comments, according to Buffalo fans, were always a joke during the ECF. Well his joke about the 'champagne on ice' wasn't very funny considering it involved a 7 year old trying to combat leukemia.

Ruff is disrepectful and a whiny little beatch. He can't even figure out who to give the 'C' to, so he has to alternate captains. That's not a tough choice, you give it to Drury, he's the real leader on that team.

It

Wow, I never knew that you weren't allowed to have a sense of humor at all. That must be one of those new rules in the "new NHL" that I'm not used to yet.....

Nolan complained about Vanek's goal in game three for days (even though it was an obvious goal from the replay, you could cleary see the puck disappear across the line) but he's not a whiner...? only Lindy is...who has barely said anything even remotely close to whining in this series. I'm not saying Lindy has never whined in his entire life, but seriously, it sounds like people are just grasping for straws right now.

And holy crap - who cares if he has two captains? It's cleary not hurting the Sabres...

Not hurting yet.

He's gonna have to choose soon. Both are free agents and will need an incentive to stay.

Guess I just don't get the point of having 2 captains.

You are a die hard Buffalo fan, so maybe you can answer this for me. I always thought Drury was the real team leader, but I saw a poll conducted by Buffalo fans on who they would want to stay if only one could and Briere won. What's your opinion?

Wow, I never knew that you weren't allowed to have a sense of humor at all. That must be one of those new rules in the "new NHL" that I'm not used to yet.....

Nolan complained about Vanek's goal in game three for days (even though it was an obvious goal from the replay, you could cleary see the puck disappear across the line) but he's not a whiner...? only Lindy is...who has barely said anything even remotely close to whining in this series. I'm not saying Lindy has never whined in his entire life, but seriously, it sounds like people are just grasping for straws right now.

True, he hasn

Nolan has not whined as far as I'm concerned....

He was asked about Witt's missed goal and he simply said "I don't care what any of you said, it was a goal"

I've seen Ruff make bigger productions out of less in the past.

I don't know what else to tell you...? Lindy is a sarcastic person, he jokes around a lot, that's what he does. It's his personality. I'm sorry that some people can't understand that. Some people like it, some people don't. I'm not saying it excuses him from everything he says, but this particular instance was obviously a joke - he laughed.

Lindy didn't even know why the champagne was there as far as I know. It was kind of stupid of him to assume, but I highly doubt he would have said that had he known what it was for, mainly because he had a cancer scare of his own last year when his young daughter had a tumor removed during the regular season.

First, he was joking about Miller getting hit the head. It was very clear if you heard the audio.

Second, the real issue about the champagne on ice is that the whole story was fabricated. There was no champagne on ice and Ruff later backpedaled to say someone had told him they had seen some in the Canes locker room.

The tie-in back to the Relentless wine was just sorry excuse-making by Ruff apologists. Lavi gave a commemorative bottle to the player he felt embodied spirit and fight after a game, in honor of Julia Rowe. Relentless is a red wine so even if there was a bottle in dressing room it would not have been on ice. The story was fabricated to fire up the Sabres with the thought the Canes were arrogantly getting ready to celebrate before the game was even played.

The tie-in back to the Relentless wine was just sorry excuse-making by Ruff apologists. Lavi gave a commemorative bottle to the player he felt embodied spirit and fight after a game, in order of Julia Rowe. Relentless is a red wine so even if there was a bottle in dressing room it would not have been on ice. The story was fabricated to fire up the Sabres with the thought the Canes were arrogantly getting ready to celebrate before the game was even played.

who cares the whole wine idea sounds a bit posh.....mixed in with a room full of sweaty guys throwing balls of sock tape into the center garbage can.....

who cares the whole wine idea sounds a bit posh.....

Maybe to those who don't know the whole history. It's a long story that can be easily searched, but in essence it was to honor a little girl battling cancer who is Lavi's neighbor and it became of symbol of her fight.

If you switch Ted Nolan and Lindy Ruff in those interviews. Nolan would be the funniest comical coach in the league (refering to the pucks being shot at Miller's head) and if it was Ruff saying it was a goal he'd still be biggest whiner in the league.

Do you guys even know what coach even started the bickering last year between Ruff and Lavi? It was Lavi calling the Sabres a bunch of divers after game two, then Ruff responded by saying he was just following Carolina's lead. For some reason you guys hate coaches and commentaters that call your Hurricanes diver *cough Florida Panthers* so how do think Ruff would respond. He would respond the same exact we you guys did. That's why there's a thread calling out Potvin in around the nhl topic.

here's the link if your interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Stanley_Cup

Do you guys even know what coach even started the bickering last year between Ruff and Lavi? It was Lavi calling the Sabres a bunch of divers after game two, then Ruff responded by saying he was just following Carolina's lead. For some reason you guys hate coaches and commentaters that call your Hurricanes diver *cough Florida Panthers* so how do think Ruff would respond. He would respond the same exact we you guys did. That's why there's a thread calling out Potvin in around the nhl topic.

Its funny cause Ruff was whining about the Islanders embellishing to draw penelties. But wasn't it Briere who got fined for diving and sorry but your team goes down fairly easy. Every series Ruff pulls out the diving card. I hope so bad that Buffalo has to face the Rangers in the Semi-Finals. Can't wait to see what Avery does and what Ruff will be whining about.

As far as Potvin goes. He can't stand the Canes cause his team hasn't figured out away to beat us. So instead of admitting that Florida has a hard time holding a lead against the canes, he has to make excuses why his team sucks against the Canes.

I don't know how every topic about Buffalo turns into a hate-fest between the Sabres and the 'Canes...but back on topic!!

This has been a fairly exciting series. I think Dipietro has played well, but the Sabres are just too explosive. I actually enjoyed watching their defense defend that lead last night. If only the 'Canes defense would have faired so well.....

Its funny cause Ruff was whining about the Islanders embellishing to draw penelties. But wasn't it Briere who got fined for diving and sorry but your team goes down fairly easy. Every series Ruff pulls out the diving card. I hope so bad that Buffalo has to face the Rangers in the Semi-Finals. Can't wait to see what Avery does and what Ruff will be whining about.

As far as Potvin goes. He can't stand the Canes cause his team hasn't figured out away to beat us. So instead of admitting that Florida has a hard time holding a lead against the canes, he has to make excuses why his team sucks against the Canes.

I'll admit it... I was a Canes fan :mellow: for that last Canes vs Panthers match only because of Potvin and Jokinen. :lol:

I'll admit it... I was a Canes fan :mellow: for that last Canes vs Panthers match only because of Potvin and Jokinen. :lol:

Hey we have something in common, I don't like Jokinen either :)

I'll admit it... I was a Canes fan for that last Canes vs Panthers match only because of Potvin and Jokinen.

Hey we have something in common, I don't like Jokinen either

I used to too until he turned into a Dennis Potvin clone and started whining.

I'll admit it... I was a Canes fan for that last Canes vs Panthers match only because of Potvin and Jokinen.

Hey we have something in common, I don't like Jokinen either

I used to too until he turned into a Dennis Potvin clone and started whining.

Man, is there any chance the Islanders could pull their heads out of their butts and win this game?

The Sabres aren't even playing that great, they're just taking all the gifts the Islanders are giving them.