The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
300Section

2007 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

Well congrats to the Sabres for getting it done. And also, congrats to the Isles for hanging in there so long, they didn't make it easy at all. The next series should be interesting.

Well congrats to the Sabres for getting it done. And also, congrats to the Isles for hanging in there so long, they didn't make it easy at all. The next series should be interesting.

I'm hoping for the Rangers, they are ready for battle.

The Sabres swept the Rangers in the regular season. I think Buffalo should beat the Rangers as quickly as they did the Islanders.

The only teams I'm sort of afraid of are the Senators and the Devils. If the Sabres don't bring there A-game against these 2 teams then they're done.

The Sabres swept the Rangers in the regular season. I think Buffalo should beat the Rangers as quickly as they did the Islanders.

The only teams I'm sort of afraid of are the Senators and the Devils. If the Sabres don't bring there A-game against these 2 teams then they're done.

The thing is, when you played the Rangers, they didn't have Avery. Also, Lundqvist was playing fairly badly at that time, so Rangers vs Sabres should be a good series.

Even if the Rangers don't win, Avery's gonna have a field day with the Slugs.

Not the same Ranger team at all my friend....and yes DBoon, that save was unbelievable and the reason it didn't go into OT.

Not the same Ranger team at all my friend....and yes DBoon, that save was unbelievable and the reason it didn't go into OT.

Should be a good series... Rangers will face a goalie who actaully saves the puck now.

Personally, I'm not to worried about Avery just because we got Lindy as our coach and he won't let Avery dictate the series like he did against Atlanta.

Still will be a tight series.

Doesn't matter. Carolina swept Montreal in the regular season and went down 0-2 heading to Montreal.

What happened in the regular season, doesn't apply in the PO. Its a whole different season with a different edge. Its more physical and more competition. If Buffalo plays the way they did against the Islanders, you guys won't make it out of the round.

And Quince820 you should be worried about Avery. He's a big pain in the *edit* and he really drives his opponents crazy. He yapped and yapped at Kovalchuk all during game 2. Game 3 he continued to yap and Kovalchuk tried to fight him, which Kovalchuk is not a fighter. He gets under the skin and will take you off your game. Ruff is not gonna beable to stop Avery. There's no player on your team that Avery will be afraid of.

Its not gonna be an easy series.

Colesylarose- "I'm not TO ^_^ worried about Avery". Avery can defiently reek havoc whenever he wants and he really did good job with Kolvachuk. The reason I'm not worried is just becuase Lindy, aka on this board as Linda, won't let him mess with our "better" players.

When Drury got nailed by Neil, Lindy told Adam Mair to go right after Spezza to send the message back. I kinda like that attitude, it shows your not gonna roll over and play dead. I dunno how you feel but, I like how the players on the Sabres stick up for each other and it's something Atlanta defiently didn't do. Avery will be a problem but he won't be as much as a threat as he was in the 1st round.

Still looking at a 7 game series for this. X-factors are the Rangers offense, just because I wanna see how they'll do against a better goalie and defense. Much tighter series, I still think the Sabres will win.

I agree that Buffalo sticks up for their teammates more than Atlanta, but Avery is a tough guy to crack.

I just don't see anyone on Buffalo that is gonna beable to stop him. Yeah they may try, but he will just relish in that and it will fire him up even more.

Its definetly gonna be an interesting series that's for sure. The Rangers goaltending has been great. Miller is better than Atlanta's goalies, but Jagr seemst to be back to Jagr and that can be dangerous.

Good luck but not that much luck. I'm hoping for all our ex-canes (Shanny, Weekes, Cullen, Nylander) win this round.