The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
300Section

2007 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

I really think that the edge in this series lies with the Rangers. Why? Lundqvist's been great, Jagr's back to, well, Jagr, and the Rangers have their own weapon of mass destruction... Sean Avery.

I know Lindy's a no-nonsense coach who wouldn't be afraid to pull some sort of dirty play on the rest of the Rangers, but Avery is just going to be like a hungry kid in a candy store against the Slugs. Avery just has that ability to make players go senseless against him. Anyone who argues that sending fourth line players to run Avery or his teammates will make him stop, that just doesn't work against him. He relishes any bit of punishment he gets for what he does, because that's his job: the best agitator in the NHL.

I must say, that last series really made me quite a fan of Avery.

There is 1 advantage the Sabres have over the Rangers. Depth. Yes the Rangers probally have the best line in the game (Jagr/Shannahan) but all 4 of Buffalo's lines are pretty good. Also Paul Gaustad might be back making the Sabres 100% for the first time in God knows how long. Also during game 5 of the Islander series we finally saw some players step up, (Stafford, Pominville).

I take back my comment about us beating them as quickly as the Islanders. But I predict Buffalo in 6.

Avery on the Sabres- "I hate all of them" Yawwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, This guy maybe a good hokcey player but he's a moron/cancer. I now realize why one NHL player said he wanted to murder him. Why would you motivate the #1 seed in the league? Yawwwwwnnnnn I seriouslly think the Sabres are laughing at Avery antics to try and get under their skin.

Tom Renney- "I don't think they're the cream of the crop." I'll admit Lindy/Lavi have both had there not so thought out comments but that's gotta be simply put one of those comments that makes the players say "Tom why'd you say that". Who is the cream of the crop Tom? Rangers will chirp in the locker room but the Sabres will light up the scoreboard. Maybe not such a bad comment because he's trying to motivate his team but defiently coulda said some better words.

Rangers sweep the Thrashers and they think they're the 98 Czech's. I'm so glad their over confident.

Tom Renney- "I don't think they're the cream of the crop." I'll admit Lindy/Lavi have both had there not so thought out comments but that's gotta be simply put one of the dumbest one's I've heard. Who is the cream of the crop Tom? Rangers will chirp in the locker room but the Sabres will light up the scoreboard.

You realize there's another whole conference right? Both the Sharks and the Wings easily beat out the Sabres as the cream of the crop.

Now if we're only talking in the East, then there's some debate.

Like I said, this series is going to get very interesting.....it has already. I agree with our Sabre fans here that they have tons of depth ( I really like this Stafford guy) but the Rangers have the x-factors. Sabres have to play better than they did in the first series and the Rangers have to keep up the level of play they had in the first series. This one may just go to 7 if things go as planned. You never know in the playoffs though.

Like I said, this series is going to get very interesting.....it has already. I agree with our Sabre fans here that they have tons of depth ( I really like this Stafford guy) but the Rangers have the x-factors. Sabres have to play better than they did in the first series and the Rangers have to keep up the level of play they had in the first series. This one may just go to 7 if things go as planned. You never know in the playoffs though.

^^ Na, I was just talking about the East. Rangers in my opinion are the worst team left in the playoffs unless the Stars win tonight.

Sharks are the hottest and sharpest looking team in the playoffs right now.

Avery on the Sabres- "I hate all of them" Yawwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, This guy maybe a good hokcey player but he's a moron/cancer. I now realize why one NHL player said he wanted to murder him. Why would you motivate the #1 seed in the league? Yawwwwwnnnnn I seriouslly think the Sabres are laughing at Avery antics to try and get under their skin.

Tom Renney- "I don't think they're the cream of the crop." I'll admit Lindy/Lavi have both had there not so thought out comments but that's gotta be simply put one of those comments that makes the players say "Tom why'd you say that". Who is the cream of the crop Tom? Rangers will chirp in the locker room but the Sabres will light up the scoreboard. Maybe not such a bad comment because he's trying to motivate his team but defiently coulda said some better words.

Rangers sweep the Thrashers and they think they're the 98 Czech's. I'm so glad their over confident.

Didja see what he did to Kovalchuk? He made him go berserk. Yes, that's Kovalchuk, who has been involved in similar outbursts, but it's not like Briere doesn't have a past track record (diving, spearing, etc) .

The thing with Avery is that if you try to keep him off the scoreboard, he'll be all over you. If you try to keep him out of your skin, he'll be all over the scoreboard.

The Sabres do have superior depth, but the Rangers have the X-factors as previously stated. Should make for an interesting matchup and a great series!

GO BLUESHIRTS!

^^ Na, I was just talking about the East. Rangers in my opinion are the worst team left in the playoffs unless the Stars win tonight.

Sharks are the hottest and sharpest looking team in the playoffs right now.

Are the Rangers still going to be the worst team when they send your Slugs to the golf course?

Buffalo didn't really impress me in that first round. Yeah they still won in 5 games, but the Islanders stayed with them and only lost games by 1 goal. The Rangers are just plain better down to their defense, offense, and goaltending. The slugs gave the Islanders plenty chances to win but they got lucky cause the Islanders just aren't that good. You do that to the Rangers and your toast.

^^0o0o0o0oo0ooo0o0o0 Little bit of trash talk eh? It's all good, just makes the series more fun :P

Remember that wasn't a pushover team in the Islanders. They were on a 4 game winning streak going into the playoffs, stole home ice from us, then my Sluggers went into a hostile environment and did the job. It really doesn't matter if you win by 1 goal or 5. The key is winning. I still think the Rags are a bit over confident too for their own good and will end up relying on Lundquist... which I really can't predict.

Are the Rangers still going to be the worst team when they send your Slugs to the golf course?

Buffalo didn't really impress me in that first round. Yeah they still won in 5 games, but the Islanders stayed with them and only lost games by 1 goal. The Rangers are just plain better down to their defense, offense, and goaltending. The slugs gave the Islanders plenty chances to win but they got lucky cause the Islanders just aren't that good. You do that to the Rangers and your toast.

...Are you trying to say that the Rangers are better than Buffalo, because if you are, you are very misinformed. Buffalo completely dominated the regular season(yes, I know this is "playoff hockey"). Buffalo clearly has superior offense, defense, AND goaltending, so I don't really know where that was going. I really don't think Buffalo got lucky for 4 games, if it was a 1-game series, then maybe you could call it luck, but thats why they play 7 games.