The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
300Section

2007 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

I don't get why everyone says Miller is the 2nd best goalie in the East. They seem to forget about a guy named Cristobal Huet (Well, when he's healthy and his team doesn't suck). I won't deny that Miller is one of the best, but a healthy Huet has him. Give Miller a few years before you rank him directly behind Huet. ;)

I'm undecided on this one. I certainly think Huet is one of the top goalies in the East, but when Montreal was dominating in the early goings of the season, Carbonneau was juggling both Abeisher and Huet in net. Neither goalie was able to fall into a slump before being replaced by the other.

Really Dipi is might come back??? That's pretty stupid. An injury like takes much longer to heal. When Begin hit him it looked like he lost a part of his brain. Patrick Roy in his prime couldnt save this series.

I thought Dublewisch (absolutely butchered that name) played fine last night. Even if Dipietro was in, those goals still would've happened.

Broduer is the best goalie in the East. Miller is 2nd, then Lundquist when he's healthy. Emery in my opinion the worst goalie in the league when it comes to positioing himself for a shot. He single handedly lost Ottawa the series last year against Buffalo, but hey, everybody loves Ray. He played relativly normal in the 1st game against Pittsburgh too, so if we play Ottawa, Emery is the least of my concerns.

QUINCE820. Miller is not the 2nd best goalie in the league. He is not better then Kippersauf, Luongo, Belfour. BUT HE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO GIVE US A STANLEY CUP

dboon. Miller is not the 2nd best goalie in the league. He is not better then Kippersauf, Luongo, Belfour. BUT HE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO GIVE US A STANLEY CUP

1.) I'm not dboon

2.) I've never said he was the 2nd best goalie in the league... I said he was the 2nd best in the east. Miller is better than Belfour. Belfour has to go to his AA meetings and stop wearing Hawaiian t-shirts and perfrom... then he'll get my notion that he's better than Miller.

1.) I'm not dboon

2.) I've never said he was the 2nd best goalie in the league... I said he was the 2nd best in the east. Miller is better than Belfour. Belfour has to go to his AA meetings and stop wearing Hawaiian t-shirts and perfrom... then he'll get my notion that he's better than Miller.

oops sorry. :(

It looks like Mr. America will play sooner than later. He practiced with the Isles today, and he will participate in the morning skate tomorrow, where they'll make the decision if he'll play.

Bring. It. On. :P

It looks like Mr. America will play sooner than later. He practiced with the Isles today, and he will participate in the morning skate tomorrow, where they'll make the decision if he'll play.

If he comes in and plays in game #3 at home, they have a chance of taking that one but overall I can't see them taking the series cause Blake and Smyth can't be the whole team, although they're trying pretty hard. They put up a decent fight last night and were still very much in the game for two periods.

Kudos to Ted Nolan for getting his team this far, especially after the circus of an off season they had. Jack Adams? Definatley in the running.

If he comes in and plays in game #3 at home, they have a chance of taking that one but overall I can't see them taking the series cause Blake and Smyth can't be the whole team, although they're trying pretty hard. They put up a decent fight last night and were still very much in the game for two periods.

Kudos to Ted Nolan for getting his team this far, especially after the circus of an off season they had. Jack Adams? Definatley in the running.

According to the Toronto Globe & Mail since the NHL went to its current format of four seven-game series in 1987, only one eventual champion (the 2001 Colorado Avalanche) has gone the distance in the second round. The average number of games for a Stanley Cup winner in the second round is five and the average for the first two rounds is 10.5. Not since the Red Wings went six games in each of the first two rounds in 1998 has a Stanley Cup winner required more than 11 games to get out of the first two rounds.

You never want to look beyond your current opponent, but if all is right in the universe the Sabres should get out of the first round in five games. If all four top seeds in the East win then we will be facing Ottawa, which we dispatched in five games last year, but almost certainly will be a much tougher opponent this year. The best thing for the Sabres is if Tampa, New York Rangers, or Pittsburgh pull an upset, allowing Buffalo a second round match-up they can knock off in 4-5 games. That leaves the team rested and ready for the ECF and Stanley Cup run.

The key to our winning the Stanley Cup is the second round. We play Tampa or the Rangers and things, as Borat would say, will be looking "VERY NICE."

Yeah unfortuantly I have to agree, none of those teams would stand a chance against the Sabres, the only teams in the east that would atleast put up a good fight and maybe even beat the Sabres would be Jersey or Ottawa. I don't know though I'm tired of trying to predict who is going to win, over the years I've tried and always picked the most obvious answer only to be wrong who knows. I'll be honest I definitely had no idea that we'd actually go as far as we did and actually win the damn thing, especially after I was at game 1 against Montreal and we got destroyed. It was definitely a pleasent suprise to say the least.

According to the Toronto Globe & Mail since the NHL went to its current format of four seven-game series in 1987, only one eventual champion (the 2001 Colorado Avalanche) has gone the distance in the second round. The average number of games for a Stanley Cup winner in the second round is five and the average for the first two rounds is 10.5. Not since the Red Wings went six games in each of the first two rounds in 1998 has a Stanley Cup winner required more than 11 games to get out of the first two rounds.

You never want to look beyond your current opponent, but if all is right in the universe the Sabres should get out of the first round in five games. If all four top seeds in the East win then we will be facing Ottawa, which we dispatched in five games last year, but almost certainly will be a much tougher opponent this year. The best thing for the Sabres is if Tampa, New York Rangers, or Pittsburgh pull an upset, allowing Buffalo a second round match-up they can knock off in 4-5 games. That leaves the team rested and ready for the ECF and Stanley Cup run.

The key to our winning the Stanley Cup is the second round. We play Tampa or the Rangers and things, as Borat would say, will be looking "VERY NICE."

I agree with this but if you guys end up with Ottawa I think you could be in trouble. Ottawa is a much different team this season in the playoffs cause they've worked through a tough year and learned how to get it done under many different circumstances. While Buffalo has had their share of injured players all season, they never really hit a stretch where they had to dig deep and find a whole different level of play, which is a credit to your farm team.

Another reason you'd be in trouble is that Ottawa has been this path too many times and failed. I just don't see them letting that happen again or jobs will be in question. Buffalo came close last season but Ottawa has been close the last several seasons and has everything to prove. All that being said, anything can happen in the playoffs and a Buffalo/Ottawa series would be fun for me to watch and that's what it all about, my entertainment B)

I agree with this but if you guys end up with Ottawa I think you could be in trouble. Ottawa is a much different team this season in the playoffs cause they've worked through a tough year and learned how to get it done under many different circumstances. While Buffalo has had their share of injured players all season, they never really hit a stretch where they had to dig deep and find a whole different level of play, which is a credit to your farm team.

Another reason you'd be in trouble is that Ottawa has been this path too many times and failed. I just don't see them letting that happen again or jobs will be in question. Buffalo came close last season but Ottawa has been close the last several seasons and has everything to prove. All that being said, anything can happen in the playoffs and a Buffalo/Ottawa series would be fun for me to watch and that's what it all about, my entertainment B)

Looks like Linda Ruffles is at it again with his verbal motivation :rolleyes: . He should save it for when he may really need it in the next round.

Here's an small clip from an article talking about the impending return of DiPietro:

DiPietro wasn't the only one around the Islander dressing room feeling like it was Christmas. Across the hall, the Sabres knew just how it felt.

"He fills the hope tank up for them," Sabres head coach Lindy Ruff said.

Ruff has another worry, too. His best scorer, Daniel Bri

Looks like Linda Ruffles is at it again with his verbal motivation :rolleyes: . He should save it for when he may really need it in the next round.

Here's an small clip from an article talking about the impending return of DiPietro:

DiPietro wasn't the only one around the Islander dressing room feeling like it was Christmas. Across the hall, the Sabres knew just how it felt.

"He fills the hope tank up for them," Sabres head coach Lindy Ruff said.

Ruff has another worry, too. His best scorer, Daniel Bri

Yeah I can see that happening, I've got it comming down to those two in the ECF in my bracket who will win it is anybodys guess. I think Ottawa is a little more physical than Buffalo which may or may not help them out. As long as they have some speed to match and some good goal tending by Emory or Gerber or whoever they put in I think it should make for an interesting series.