The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
300Section

2007 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

Is it just me or does John Forslund sound kinda excited for the Isles?

He's a Canes announcer. There's always gonna be a biased against Buffalo.

Besides, this wasn't suppose to happen. The Islanders weren't suppose to beat Buffalo, especially not at Buffalo.

Anyone see the Islanders after the game? They were hugging each other like they won the cup. Not a good attitude to take into the next game.

Or, maybe the best attitude. :P

Besides, this wasn't suppose to happen. The Islanders weren't suppose to beat Buffalo, especially not at Buffalo.

haha I dunno, I just feel you shouldn't act like that after winning game 2. They've won one game. It's a 7 game series... Jumping up on your goalie isn't great mindset. And i'm not trying to whine :o but, lets face it the refs in the 3rd gave the Isles wee tad bit of help.

Absolutely the best attitude. They just beat the Sabers, who everybody and their mother has picked to win the Cup. This is the best I've seen the Islanders play and they deserved the win. Now they just have to carry this urgency back home.

And can I just say again...that DiPietro is a monster!

lets face it the refs in the 3rd gave the Isles wee tad bit of help.

Explain. If I remember correctly, after the Islanders took the lead, the Sabres had a powerplay to try and tie it again.

Not to mention the Islanders were penalized more than the Sabres.

Do you mean Satan?

Actually, I think you're right. I went back to the first period (I love my DVR) and listened to them again and I think they are saying Satan (pronounced Zhuh-TAN).

Lord,I'd give anything for a couple of Smiths or Joneses.

Explain. If I remember correctly, after the Islanders took the lead, the Sabres had a powerplay to try and tie it again.

I think he may be talking about that potential missed call on the hit on Briere. Because the stick was up, it could have been a cross-check. I didn't think it was hard enough to make him take a facer on the ice, but...

Anyone see the Islanders after the game? They were hugging each other like they won the cup. Not a good attitude to take into the next game.

C'mon Quince, the Isles came in as a huge underdog, were without their starting goaltender and got wiped in the first game. This was a huge boost to them that not only did they get their #1 goalie back but he won them a game in hostile terratory! I'd be doing back flips all the way back to Long Island and bringing back as much momentum as I could. Disappointing loss for you but Miller was outplayed and Linda out coached. Its one game....good for them to make it a series. Makes it much more interesting for us B) .

As for John Forslunds response, it reminds me of one of the Canes Season Ticket Holder open practice Q&A's with him when a young kid asked "why are Buffalo fans so mean?" :lol::lol::lol: Wonder if he was thinking about that too?

C'mon Quince, the Isles came in as a huge underdog, were without their starting goaltender and got wiped in the first game. This was a huge boost to them that not only did they get their #1 goalie back but he won them a game in hostile terratory! I'd be doing back flips all the way back to Long Island and bringing back as much momentum as I could. Disappointing loss for you but Miller was outplayed and Linda out coached. Its one game....good for them to make it a series. Makes it much more interesting for us B) .

As for John Forslunds response, it reminds me of one of the Canes Season Ticket Holder open practice Q&A's with him when a young kid asked "why are Buffalo fans so mean?" :lol::lol::lol: Wonder if he was thinking about that too?

Just because the Islanders take more penalties doesn't excuse uncalled penalties.

The Afinogenov hooking was... well not really hooking that looked pretty clean backcheck. Satan just throw his arms up and looked at the refs as soon as Afinogenov touched him with his stick. Satan the laziest player in the league and his known these antics across the league. His own teamates hate him for his work ethic. It's hockey not tennis, you can touch your oppenent to get the puck.

Pominville got cross checked right in front of the ref

Afinogenov got hooked on a clear scoring oppurtunity. Thats why he never got his shot off.

Roy got cross checked after being high sticked. Thats a 4 minute penalty.

I'm not saying the refs won the Isles the game, the Islanders deserved to win that game but, they did get lucky. Your gonna get calls and your not gonna get calls but the Isles are extremely lucky.

Doesn't matter I'm a Sabres fan so I'm automatically wrong.

You have to admit, everyone predicted this series to be a cake walk for Buffalo. It's good to see the Islanders make it a real series, which I hope they continue to do. Whoever the winner is, the win is more thrilling when you have to work for it. Sweeps are boring.

Let's go Islanders!

1st period we were just plain sloppy :( . A stronger effort in the 2nd but Dipetro just stole the game. BS call on Campbell ended and a power play goal finished us off.

Meh series tied 1-1.

IT'S NOT OVER YET! I'd predicted that DiPetro's return game would be the Islander's only win. Sabres came out stronger in the 2nd & 3rd periods. If they play with a stronger effort for the rest of the series we should put away New York.

SO CELEBRATE TONIGHT CANES FANS!

BUT THE SABRES ARE NOT OUT!

TSA- "Makes it more interesting for us"

I don't think you realize all the stress and heart attacks I've nearly suffered do to do Buffalo sports? haha

Aww Quince, take some tylenol, kiss your Mom goodnight and go get a good nights sleep. I promise the sun will come up in the morning. Although the temperature in Buffalo will still be cold even with the sun out :P

TSA- "Makes it more interesting for us"

I don't think you realize all the stress and heart attacks I've nearly suffered do to do Buffalo sports? haha

Aww Quince, take some tylenol, kiss your Mom goodnight and go get a good nights sleep. I promise the sun will come up in the morning. Although the temperature in Buffalo will still be cold even with the sun out :P

LOL, I know it's just game. Last time I checked the winnings team fans didn't get a free Cadillac or an all expense paid trip to Europe or automatic 4.0 gpa.

um, Right? :rolleyes: