The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Camniac

Gotta ask!

And,RW have you suffered a recent fall?Crosby? Well, anyhow , to each her own and it isclear how I feel about Crosby,but then, I'm a Selanne and Ovechkin girl myself,,,,,,,at least when Rod is busy...LOL......

Crosby is pretty good looking...he is also closer to my age, so I guess that makes him more attractive too. The Penguin I prefer is J. Staal though *le sigh* hahaha

Hah, Oven Chicken...don't let Canesgrrrl see that post, she will fight to the death for him! LMAO

Justin has really come into his own this season, and the fact that he has matured a bit and seems more team oriented ,plus the long hair, have made him fly into my radar. I love him in the new NHL on NBC commercial.....that is the best commercial yet from the NHL.

He's always been very team oriented, Keith made sure of that(you room with the team captain for four years and see if you're full of yourself, lol).

But the fact that he's come into his own has been wonderful, because you could see from day one what he could do, and when he has teammates who believe in him, there's no limit.

I didn't mean to say Justin was selfish, maybe I worded it wrong, but he is doing great this season. I just hope we are able to keep our guys this year, with trades expected throughout the NHL in the next two weeks, I'm getting nervous who stays and who goes.....for all my teams.

Yes, I loved the "Captain and the Kid" story about Justin and Keith Primeau rooming together for four years. You know that Keith took him under his wing like a younger brother... I forget the details... did Justin live with him, too? Whatever... what a fabulous opportunity for both of them.. the leader to mentor and bring along a top talent into the NHL and help him become the man he will be, and for Justin to have someone like that to take him on in both an apprentice role, and as adopted family. It must have ripped Keith's heart out the day Justin got traded... no good bye's, no preparing one's self... I think that in many ways, "the trade" is one of the hardest parts of being a professional athlete. In an INSTANT everything about your life except the sport itself is completely changed and you are supposed to roll with it as if it's just another changing scene on the holodeck of your life.

Yes, I loved the "Captain and the Kid" story about Justin and Keith Primeau rooming together for four years. You know that Keith took him under his wing like a younger brother... I forget the details... did Justin live with him, too? Whatever... what a fabulous opportunity for both of them.. the leader to mentor and bring along a top talent into the NHL and help him become the man he will be, and for Justin to have someone like that to take him on in both an apprentice role, and as adopted family. It must have ripped Keith's heart out the day Justin got traded... no good bye's, no preparing one's self... I think that in many ways, "the trade" is one of the hardest parts of being a professional athlete. In an INSTANT everything about your life except the sport itself is completely changed and you are supposed to roll with it as if it's just another changing scene on the holodeck of your life.

I swear I just posted something exactly like that elsewhere... I DID! Justin didn't live with Keith&Family, he bought a house, but he did spend a great deal of his time with them.

Here's the post I made on the subject:

An Interesting Thought:

Think about this: even though a good portion of the 'Canes fans on other boards hate Keith Primeau, without Keith holding out on that contract, the 'Canes don't get Brind'Amour, and they don't get the JWillie that we know today.

Why? Because Keith would have stayed in Carolina, so probably no Cup. Instead, Brind'Amour came to Carolina. And Keith went to Philly. Just in time to babysit a rookie. Who did he get bagged with? 18 year old Justin Williams. When he found out that Justin's birthday was the day before the season opener, he had him over for dinner.

They spent the next four years as roommates on the road. JWill and KP became best of friends, and there was no one in Philly who had a greater influence on JWill than Keith, nor anyone he admired so much. They ended up on a line together, and since for the first three years Justin played, he remained the youngest guy on the team, it quickly became "The Captain and The Kid".

On January 20, 2004, JWill was about to go to lunch with Keith and a couple other teammates after practice, when Bob Clarke called him into the office. Clarke told him that he'd been traded to Carolina, and he wouldn't be going to lunch with the team because he wouldn't have time to pack his bags and get on the plane.

Keith was beyond pissed.

A whole year later, he was quoted in an article saying "there weren't many guys in that dressing room I was closer to than Justin Williams, and they traded him anyway." They'd asked him if he had much to do with helping along the trade decision process. He used that as his example to demonstrate he didn't.

On June 19th, 2006, Justin won the Stanley Cup with Carolina, and Keith had announced his decision to retire due to lingering effects of a concussion just 2 months earlier. Justin found out he was getting the Cup on July 17th, and one of the first people he invited, naturally, was Keith. Keith Primeau and Simon Gagne were the only players reported to be at Justin's charity golf tournament.

So if anything, Carolina fans owe Keith Primeau a huge thank-you. After all, Keith got us a Stanley Cup.

Beyond that, they were both Jeopardy fans and that caused minor friction if Justin 'won'. =D

Well you can't have JWill, because if Mrs. JWill doesn't drop you, I will. =D

Well if were picking, then I get Rosie. :mrgreen:

if i could only pick one...hmmm. that's a hard decision to make.

if none of them were taken, i'd go with scott walker.

but since he's taken (and if we're playing by the rules haha) i def have dibs on big joe.

THanks for posting that story on Keith Primeau and Justin Williams, Fightinmad. It is such a great one, and is a great example of the behind-the-scenes relationships that can develop among the players, especially between the established members of a team and newcomers to the NHL.

Important as it is to mentor the young men, there are the players coming into North America from overseas. Despite what they may see on TV, living in North America is a major culture shock and is its own major adjustment. Just among those of us on the board, anyone of us who has gone from living in northern tier states and moving Deep South, and vice versa, knows of what I speak. If one truly tries to assimilate into the new culture, there is literally a feel of one's brain being broken and reconfigured. EVERYTHING about how one views the world can have a different perceptive base if a true adjustment is the target. I think of Canadians and Europeans moving South and roll my eyes. Living in a large metropolitan area can dampen the shock and provide relief in the form of other "outlanders", but the more one deals with the natives, the more one's own culture bias is challenged. You can reallyi feel like you're in a foreign country (and for the imports, they really ARE!) ...

Oh, and for the guys trying to figure out why NASCAR is so popular down here, Sunday's Daytona 500 was a great intro. As usual, races on the superspeedways do NOT lack for excitement! We had a visitor "from the North" who sat glued to the couch for the entire race watching the 'roundy-rounds', enrapt. Score another convert for the left turn boys!

Who all is NOT taken on our team?

i think the only ones are vasicek, ladd, seidenberg, and gleason.

based soley on the bios and that i haven't heard rumors that they have girlfriends, so i could be very much wrong

based soley on the bios and that i haven't heard rumors that they have girlfriends, so i could be very much wrong

Hmm....

Well then if I had to choose someone who wasn't taken, I would pick Ladd. Definitely.

i dont know

but..

for some reason i feel like we're going to get in trouble for talking about this :Oops:

i don't see why we would! we're just messin around, not like we're talking smack about anybody. all in good nature, imo.

i dont know

but..

for some reason i feel like we're going to get in trouble for talking about this :Oops:

Why? This is the ONE thread we ARE allowed to talk about this stuff in! :mrgreen: Might as well put it to good use

ok then... id like to have the babchuk question answered :wink: :lol:

until there's a ring on that finger, don't let anybody stop ya :lol:

Of course...you have a much farther distance to travel now....which kinda sucks

And,RW have you suffered a recent fall?Crosby? Well, anyhow , to each her own and it isclear how I feel about Crosby,but then, I'm a Selanne and Ovechkin girl myself,,,,,,,at least when Rod is busy...LOL......

Crosby is pretty good looking...he is also closer to my age, so I guess that makes him more attractive too. The Penguin I prefer is J. Staal though *le sigh* hahaha

Hah, Oven Chicken...don't let Canesgrrrl see that post, she will fight to the death for him! LMAO

No need for fighting,TH24, Alex is my third choice! As long as Teemu Selanne or Rod is around then they are tied for number one with me. Too bad Teemu is a happily married man. :roll: Anyhow, all of you young ones crushing on Crosby- :hunf: don't worry, girls, there are real MEN in the NHL, you can find them all over!!! :wink: lol.

Hmm....

Well then if I had to choose someone who wasn't taken, I would pick Ladd. Definitely.

Good luck with that ,TH. Please, begin dating Ladd and discuss the fun of losing the unibrow--- PLEASE!!!!!!! I like the guy,but even Rod wasn't rocking that much of a unibrow in his early years in the league! But, gotta agree with you on Jordan Staal,,, goodness, if he were about 15 years older, he'd be on my hotties list..........