The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Camniac

Gotta ask!

hahah think of all the ladies who would be fighting in the eye over the last set of bedsheets...

"NO WAY, I WANT IT!"

*punches somebody's lights out*

Oh, yes! I'd go down swinging for the last ones! And once I had them I too would never get out of bed except for games. And for games I'd just throw my sheets around me and head to Rod Brind'Amour's castle! Forget my jersey! We'll start a new trend of Canes bedsheet togas! That is, unless Commy got to the idea first! LOL!

HAHAHAHHA That is the best idea ever!

hahah think of all the ladies who would be fighting in the eye over the last set of bedsheets...

"NO WAY, I WANT IT!"

*punches somebody's lights out*

Oh, yes! I'd go down swinging for the last ones! And once I had them I too would never get out of bed except for games. And for games I'd just throw my sheets around me and head to Rod Brind'Amour's castle! Forget my jersey! We'll start a new trend of Canes bedsheet togas! That is, unless Commy got to the idea first! LOL!

HAHAHAHHA That is the best idea ever!

Umm... I like it. :mrgreen:

lol I just thought of something...do you know how creeped out the Canes might be if they saw a bunch of women in bed sheet togas that had their picture on it? LMAO I can just see their faces now!

ROFLMAO!!!! :lol:

Canesmojo, I was just going to give you boatloads of props for having gone to a Michael Bolton concert... (oh, the estrogen must have been so thick could you even breathe????) The pheremone levels alone must have had tomcats yowling outside the doors and every stray dog and teenaged boy trying to break into the place, driven by forces unknown (to them)! The Power of the Female Endocrine System_ yea, and Ye Shoulde Retreat In Fear...

But I digress.... I actually got the bedsheet idea (and yes, it is the most wickedly wonderful EVER) from a present I got one christmas from co-workers. (here's where we rescue the thread from all this hopped up passion) It was during the time when the award-winning Muppet show was on TV and I was firmly in Miss Piggy's camp. She RULED. And the company president happened to find Miss Piggy sheets in a catalog, they came in queen size, and had everyone in hysterics that this was going to be my present because Miss Piggy and I share like 'way too much in common. I left for a holiday back home in Indiana with the family and returned after a couple weeks to walk into my bedroom and they'd come into my house and had the bed all dressed up in those sheets and pillowcases with a huge red ribbon wrapped all around the bed and a gigantic bow on the whole thing. I was beside myself. I laughed til I cried. I kept those sheets for about 15 years when they finally had to "go".

But bed linens with the players pictures on them would fly off the shelves, but this will remain our dream 'cause I can't see the organization approving THIS idea (much as it would make them all the biggest s**tload of money the planet has ever seen and the other teams in the NHL would be screaming 'why didn't WE come up with this?' These business men just do NOT know the power of their female fan base. Plus, I don't think they want to open that particular Pandora's box... sigh. I guess we could computer generate our own... 'Sheets Of Ice'

OOOH! btw - the idea of coming to the games wrapped in the sheets is like brilliant! Think of wearing a strapless top underneath, and shorts. Where the opposing players can clearly see you.... at opportune times (like behind Cam/John during shootouts), sheet-wrapped Caniacs suddenly 'whip it off' , yet again wrecking another shoot-out scoring attempt by a virile young hockey player who just cannot look away, thinking that maybe THIS time, the gals won't be wearing anything... but, alas.Caniac girls are not that kind, naughty Loserboys! hee hee

OOOH! btw - the idea of coming to the games wrapped in the sheets is like brilliant! Think of wearing a strapless top underneath, and shorts. Where the opposing players can clearly see you.... at opportune times (like behind Cam/John during shootouts), sheet-wrapped Caniacs suddenly 'whip it off' , yet again wrecking another shoot-out scoring attempt by a virile young hockey player who just cannot look away, thinking that maybe THIS time, the gals won't be wearing anything... but, alas.Caniac girls are not that kind, naughty Loserboys! hee hee

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG THAT IS SOOOOOOOOO FUNNY! :lol:

ROFLMAO!!!! :lol:

Canesmojo, I was just going to give you boatloads of props for having gone to a Michael Bolton concert... (oh, the estrogen must have been so thick could you even breathe????) The pheremone levels alone must have had tomcats yowling outside the doors and every stray dog and teenaged boy trying to break into the place, driven by forces unknown (to them)! The Power of the Female Endocrine System_ yea, and Ye Shoulde Retreat In Fear...

I had to use a snorkel on the way out, but as you can see I came away relatively intact. It was actually quite entertaining, especially when Mikey made his way down the center of the crowd from the back up to the stage. He had basically a phalanx of security around him. This was back in his longhair days and I thought the woman at the end of our row was going to pass out when he passed within about... four feet of her. It just confirmed for me the double-standard for behaviour in such settings. If that had been... say... Christina Aguilera and the men had been behaving like that they'd have teargassed us. I digress...

I guess we could computer generate our own... 'Sheets Of Ice'

"Sheets of Ice"... Brilliant! You ever think about a career in marketing Irish?

Please! Don't use the "S-word" around here! (Either one of them!) Still, the idea has potential... I can see the promotion now...

"Ladies, here's your chance to save your money and your season. Just wear an Animal House-style bedsheet toga for any of the Caniac Toga Party Night games and receive a free admission to the game. Then when the opponents are attacking in your end, rip off your toga and should the attackers not score, you'll receive coupons good for free merchandise at The Eye team store. At the end of the season, one lucky fan will win the grand prize -- a life-sized anatomically correct inflatable replica of your favorite Hurricane. Must be 18 or older, height-weight proportionate and willing to wear a bed sheet over a tube top and Daisy Dukes to enter. Caniac Toga Party Nights, brought to you by Thee Dollhouse. Be a Champion!"

So... whaddya think?

"Ladies, here's your chance to save your money and your season. Just wear an Animal House-style bedsheet toga for any of the Caniac Toga Party Night games and receive a free admission to the game. Then when the opponents are attacking in your end, rip off your toga and should the attackers not score, you'll receive coupons good for free merchandise at The Eye team store. At the end of the season, one lucky fan will win the grand prize -- a life-sized anatomically correct inflatable replica of your favorite Hurricane. Must be 18 or older, height-weight proportionate and willing to wear a bed sheet over a tube top and Daisy Dukes to enter. Caniac Toga Party Nights, brought to you by Thee Dollhouse. Be a Champion!"

So... whaddya think?

hahaha i'd do it for sure

Um, I'm thinking that if one of us gals had come up with the anatomically correct replica inflatable, we'd have been told to tone down the puckbunny passions, but seeing as it comes from one of our men...

Hey - yeah, it's coming from one of our men! :shock: I'm not going there! but the Toga Nights are a great idea... hecky darn - every home game could be toga night. :twisted: GASP! We could initiate TOGAS A-GO-GO: Caniac Goddesses attend away games all wrapped up in their love of team.... No team in the NHL would be safe from our intrepid traveling representatives! CANIAC WOMEN: SHEETS OF ICE 'COVERING' THE NHL LIKE AN ADVANCING GLACIER! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! (ooops - borrowed that from Star Trek, so sue me!) ADMIT IT - YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T WAIT FOR THEM AT YOUR ARENA :twisted:

hmmm... random thought: miniature sheets used by our gals to 'snap' at each other or willing victims, or at opposing team members as they skate by the glass. Guess that means we buy the traveling squad front row seats. Peek-a-boo-boo, boyz! NOT! (evil laughter)

So - we talk to some Chinese textile manufacturer who will spew out unlicensed, unauthorized Sheets Of Ice for us.. we can claim that they are ONLY for our membership... but we can't control black market knock-offs (quick: our corporate atty: incorporates us as UnderTheSheets, Inc --as in 'under the table, get it? sigh) so those dirty no-goods are selling our togas on the internet - who could have seen it??? :?: We decide to take the 'high road' and ignore them (i.e., we're too busy counting the money and paying for bus and plane tickets for the Traveling Toga Squad and remain mysteriously silent about those knock-offs.... )

Um, I'm thinking that if one of us gals had come up with the anatomically correct replica inflatable, we'd have been told to tone down the puckbunny passions, but seeing as it comes from one of our men...

Hey - yeah, it's coming from one of our men! :shock: I'm not going there! but the Toga Nights are a great idea... hecky darn - every home game could be toga night. :twisted: GASP! We could initiate TOGAS A-GO-GO: Caniac Goddesses attend away games all wrapped up in their love of team.... No team in the NHL would be safe from our intrepid traveling representatives! CANIAC WOMEN: SHEETS OF ICE 'COVERING' THE NHL LIKE AN ADVANCING GLACIER! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! (ooops - borrowed that from Star Trek, so sue me!) ADMIT IT - YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T WAIT FOR THEM AT YOUR ARENA :twisted:

hmmm... random thought: miniature sheets used by our gals to 'snap' at each other or willing victims, or at opposing team members as they skate by the glass. Guess that means we buy the traveling squad front row seats. Peek-a-boo-boo, boyz! NOT! (evil laughter)

So - we talk to some Chinese textile manufacturer who will spew out unlicensed, unauthorized Sheets Of Ice for us.. we can claim that they are ONLY for our membership... but we can't control black market knock-offs (quick: our corporate atty: incorporates us as UnderTheSheets, Inc --as in 'under the table, get it? sigh) so those dirty no-goods are selling our togas on the internet - who could have seen it??? :?: We decide to take the 'high road' and ignore them (i.e., we're too busy counting the money and paying for bus and plane tickets for the Traveling Toga Squad and remain mysteriously silent about those knock-offs.... )

Irish, I really like the way you think. I can only see one relatively minor flaw in that plan. The mini-sheets might not stand up to the rigors of being playfully snapped at passers-by, especially if we're exploiting the offshore labor market for manufacturing. Now the knock-offs for public consumption I'm not so worried about, but our Travel Team should have the best equipment we can provide for them. I'm thinking PFL-styled pillows would do the job and a quick trip to T.O. for one of the PFL tournaments would probably get us the startup capital we'd have to have.

And of course we'd need a security detail to travel with the squad -- I nominate me and C97. And we'd need team photographers for promotional materials and so forth -- I nominate me and MattDoc. The potential is virtually limitless! Guest appearances on Leno, Ellen, Dr. Phil... Roller Derby. And if the idea should catch on in other cities the TPL (Toga Party League) could probably strike a deal with ESPN. After all, how long an the World Championship Dominoes League survive with the inevitable scandal that's bound to come its way? They'll need something to replace it when the International Mah-Johng Association brings that anti-trust suit. Besides, exploiting scantily clad women on national television has got to get better ratings. And everybody knows it's all about the ratings.

This could be huge!

Sigh. :roll: Just call me the Queen of Derailment... I do it innocently, but my stream of consciousness, fed by such excellent suggestions and imagery supplied by my fellow Caniacs just captures my imagination and .... off I go.. down yet another ADHD exit ramp .... You will note that a trail of caniacs happily followed me down the garden path! :?

This is like Canes II... however, since the 'Sheets of Ice' idea was mine, I insist on becoming the League's Commissioner. I'll hide behind my board ID and say my name is Ms. Frohzn Eyre. I think it's better than Buttman but only time will tell.

Well, I have to agree that we have some some top-choice grade-A players, but here are my picks: (I threw in some other NHL players, too.)

(In Order)

10.) Anton Babchuk

9.) Dennis Seidenburg

8.) Andrew Ladd

7.) Eric Staal

6.) Jordan Staal

5.) Mike Commodore

4.) Chad LaRose

3.) Vincent Lecavalier

2.) Craig Adams

1.) *Rod Brind'Amour*

^ I'm looking at more than just their faces...

Of course I love the game of hockey and I will drop everything to watch a game, but is my duty as a female it to check these guys out.

the mrs.

I'm a guy, and I'm comfortable enough with my manhood to tell everyone that Rod Brind'Amour is the sexiest man in hockey. (It's also possible I say this because some people have told me I sorta look like him, ya know, except for the zero body fat part.) Screw Mike Modano and what's his face from Los Angeles... Brind'Amour is where it's at. If I was a chick, I'd stalk him.

If you look like Brind"Amour you are one lucky man! Look in the dictonary under SEXY and there's a picture of him. Cam is cute, Williams is cute, but Rod has that "something" that just gets under your skin. And the fact that he is so unaware of it is wonderful.

I agree completely.If Rod was remotely aware of just how sexy he is, then his appeal would be lessened. It's nice to see a sexy,athletic man who loves his kids, is a total team player and yet is clueless about what effect he has on us women and why. :Oops:

I gotta say once again, because I am reminded every time I go to a game or practice...we have a REALLY good looking team overall and I don't think you can say that about too many teams