The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cthreepo

Thursday is a must win

If we don't win tomorrow we will be out of the playoff spots. We have 67 points and both NYI and Toronto have 66. They are playing eachother tomorrow and one of them is gonna move to 68. Hopefully we can pull off the win.

God if they cant beat the pathetic Flyers they dont deserve the playoffs :shock:

hockey is hockey. the standing is meaningless for a single game.

We beat the No. 1 Ducks on Dec 29th. But we lost the Flyers game two days later.

God if they cant beat the pathetic Flyers they dont deserve the playoffs

December 31st game. Ring a bell?

If we don't win tomorrow we will be out of the playoff spots. We have 67 points and both NYI and Toronto have 66. They are playing eachother tomorrow and one of them is gonna move to 68. Hopefully we can pull off the win.

God if they cant beat the pathetic Flyers they dont deserve the playoffs :shock:

any team is capable of beating any other team on any given night, standings don't mean much on a single game

hockey is hockey. the standing is meaningless for a single game.

We beat the No. 1 Ducks on Dec 29th. But we lost the Flyers game two days later.

God if they cant beat the pathetic Flyers they dont deserve the playoffs

December 31st game. Ring a bell?

Very true

any team is capable of beating any other team on any given night, standings don't mean much on a single game

Still they need to beat a team with 40 points. I dont care about Dec 31 as some have said. Lose this game and we will keep sliding. With Ottawa for a back to back coming up its a MUST win. If you don like my take then sorry. If you are a fan you must believe we beat a sad sack team like Philly 8 out of 10 times. If not then we are just average.

every game from here on in has to be treated as must win if we get on a roll we could win the division or we could easily miss the playoffs we need to start winning at home. I felt we put out a good effort last night but we need to find a way to win.

Well if you want to be realistic, look at the games in hand teams below us have. If, at this juncture, every team had played the same number of games, the worst case scenario would put us 12th place.

This game is no different than any other. 2 points is 2 points and if they can't put a string of 5 or 6 wins together, we're out of it. As far as I'm concerned, we're already out of it if they don't put a decent win streak together, and now.

If you are a fan you must believe we beat a sad sack team like Philly 8 out of 10 times. If not then we are just average.
NEWS FLASH. THE CANES ARE AVERAGE.

The Flyers have been doing better in the last ten games, they still pose as a challenge. As long as we play a defensive game, we should win. I wonder if Grahame or Ward is going to play.

The Flyers have been doing better in the last ten games, they still pose as a challenge. As long as we play a defensive game, we should win. I wonder if Grahame or Ward is going to play.

YE yep, as Todd Fedoruk said before the Boston game, they are doin all they can to play spoiler.

If I could choose, I prefer to win the Trashers and lose the Flyers.

Now, the best we can do is to get 2 points from Flyers.

Still they need to beat a team with 40 points. I dont care about Dec 31 as some have said. Lose this game and we will keep sliding. With Ottawa for a back to back coming up its a MUST win. If you don like my take then sorry. If you are a fan you must believe we beat a sad sack team like Philly 8 out of 10 times. If not then we are just average.

Well if you want to be realistic, look at the games in hand teams below us have. If, at this juncture, every team had played the same number of games, the worst case scenario would put us 12th place.

This game is no different than any other. 2 points is 2 points and if they can't put a string of 5 or 6 wins together, we're out of it. As far as I'm concerned, we're already out of it if they don't put a decent win streak together, and now.

If you are a fan you must believe we beat a sad sack team like Philly 8 out of 10 times. If not then we are just average.
NEWS FLASH. THE CANES ARE AVERAGE.

why be so harsh. I think the talent is there. Maybe I am jaded. Sorry

at least kinda be nice about it :wink:

If I could choose, I prefer to win the Trashers and lose the Flyers.

Now, the best we can do is to get 2 points from Flyers.

I agree a win vs a divional opponnet is better but now any win would be good. Its a start and needed soon or we can be sellers like some others are to stock a barren farm system.

Sorry, not trying to sound harsh.

You're right: the talent is there. But the execution is not. We've been average all season with ups and downs. I said it months ago, if they don't find consistency, they won't find the playoffs. It's looking truer and truer with every game. They've been *more* consistent recently but they're a little late. If they don't seriously get their heads into the game, they'll miss playoffs.

I too agree that the game is important, but so was Tuesday's. Every game they have left is huge. It is a real tight race to the finish for that last spot. A lot of terrible teams are starting to put it together.

What scares me the most about the Flyers is that they are now young and have nothing to loose. They are now playing the spoiler in the NHL. Lets take it game by game one win at a time.

The boys need to focus and get back to the attack mode. Take some chances, pinch in, and get physical. The last thing that any team expects out of the Canes this year is the physical game. You might suprise someone if you smash them in the mouth a few times. It will definitely take them off of their game. Look what happen in game 7 last year, they came out strong, hard hitting, and attacking. It through the Oilers off their game plan.

Every game from here on out is a must win. However, the Flyers are no joke. I mean they did kick Detroits booty. But they are a very physical team and I will be surprised if we get out of this game with no injuries.

We just have to make sure that we remind Philly that their in our house and they are not gonna beat us up. Maybe Walker will lay the smack down tomorrow.

Every game from now to the end of the season is a must win; especially to the Canes games against ATL and TPA. They can't afford to give them a single point.

With the exception of FLA, DC, and Philly all of the remaining games are against teams in the playoff hunt. With the overwhelmingly average home record this year, the Canes cannot consider home-ice an advantage.

Right now, I don't know which would be a worse fate on which to end the year; missing the playoffs or being an eighth seed and getting swept by the slugs.

The Canes are going to smoke Philly :!:

they are going to adopt a good attitude in this game if they have any

backbone whatsoever.

I say Canes 4 Philly 1

Brindy and the Wizard will carry as usual

Also Cam will come up Big. :!:

I hear Crackers is in goal tonight.

:lol:

I'm just kidding. I have no idea who is in goal, I just wanted to scare you for a second. :mrgreen:

I hear Crackers is in goal tonight.

:lol:

I'm just kidding. I have no idea who is in goal, I just wanted to scare you for a second. :mrgreen:

hahaha you are good. I needed a good laugh. :wink: