The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
diamonddan

anson carter

For a fifth round pick? Pretty good pick-up for little cost. Good for JR for getting something. Not that Anson will light the world on fire, but he'll be better than continuing to have Defensemen play O or constantly calling up Little Leaguers.

appears to get a decent amount of goals per year...might be a boost for where we are lacking right now. Feels like goal-wise, we are leaving the work for just a few guys each game. not spread out like it was. anything to help us reach for that cup again is welcome!!

Looks like a no-brainer trade. Wonder why Columbus was willing to release him for so little. Lets hope he'll bring a little scoring touch to the third line,and maybe teach Big Jo how to hit.

On the lighter side, looks like Commie will have some competition for Best Hair. Have you seen Anson's dreads? Pretty badass if you ask me.

Perfect fit. Will be great with Letwoski and Vasicek on the 3rd line. The guestion is...what number will he where. Has to be 77 since 22 is taken by Commodore. To get him for a 5th rounder NEXT year is huge. With Cole out and Stillman out till tomorrow maybe Tuesday, this will help significantly.

This is a great pickup for a 5th rounder,mind you I havent seen any of his stats lately.

10 goals & 17 assists in 53 games.

Very ordinary stats, but this trade is about as low risk as it gets.

i feel bad for never having heard of him!

read the bio/stats/all that jazz, and i trust JR knows what he's doing

i'm sure he'll be juuuuuuuuuust fine!

welcome to the team!

we need a nickname for him!

and i agree with the hair competition, his is definitely better than commies! i <3 dreads

i feel bad for never having heard of him!

read the bio/stats/all that jazz, and i trust JR knows what he's doing

i'm sure he'll be juuuuuuuuuust fine!

welcome to the team!

we need a nickname for him!

and i agree with the hair competition, his is definitely better than commies! i <3 dreads

haha i agree. a nickname is a must =]

welcome to the team Carter!

In addition to the 5th round pick Canes also picked up the remainder of a $2.5mil contract, so it's not a cheap move !

I don't think JR is done for the trading period yet; I hope not.

He's still got excess Ds for another swap, or to help offset the cost he just added. Maybe something is still possible with Phily.

Excellent trade. This is a huge bonus for our team. Like I said in a previous post, Carter is exactly the kind of player this team needs. Kinda like another Erik Cole, only with less goals. He got traded because he wasn't fitting in well in Columbus, but I'm sure he'll feel very welcome in Carolina. Look for him to make an immediate impact. New team, new style, and a tremendous work ethic.

He will definitely help us out in the toughness dept.

Hopefully, he can add in a few goals too.

Like everyone has said, it is a very cheap deal for the trade, so anything we get out of him in return will be a plus.