The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
elchrisco

The "Third" Line

Just imagine our lineup once everyone is healthy. Our third line would be a #1 line for half the teams in the NHL. I think we need to make atleast one more deal for a center. The lines we had last night were great, so I would keep them that way.

Whitney / Brind'Amour / Walker

Ladd / Staal / Williams

That would leave Erik Cole and Cory Stillman without a center. We acquire someone like Tyler Arnason from Colorado and we'll be set.

Only problem is our lineups probably won't be healthy until playoff time rolls around... Not to be cynical, but the way things are going, it hasn't been good.

I wouldn't argue that, but atleast we have something to look forward to. If everyone returns healthy for the playoffs, we become a very dangerous team.

To bad you couldn't put LaRose, Adams and Carter together -- talk about an energy line. And, Carter is not afraid to use his body or crash the net like Vas is.

Just imagine our lineup once everyone is healthy. Our third line would be a #1 line for half the teams in the NHL. I think we need to make atleast one more deal for a center. The lines we had last night were great, so I would keep them that way.

Whitney / Brind'Amour / Walker

Ladd / Staal / Williams

That would leave Erik Cole and Cory Stillman without a center. We acquire someone like Tyler Arnason from Colorado and we'll be set.

Kinda disagree about your lines, partly because Staal's play will suffer without Stillman and Cole on his wings, and partly because after about 3 games on that right side, Williams and Staal seem to go sour for some odd reason.

I dunno about everybody else, but I get this feeling that if Carter and Vasicek are put on the same line, JoVa's numbers are gonna start to pick up quite a bit.

Carter plays so hard and is so strong on the puck that Vasicek is going to have to pick up his play just to stay off the bench. He has to pick it up or else he's going to look even more foolish then he already does out there.

I concur.

Just noticed Carter is listed as a center on our roster page. Don't know what to think about that, has he ever played center at the NHL level? I suppose he'll now be our third-line center once the entire roster is back healthy?

Just noticed Carter is listed as a center on our roster page. Don't know what to think about that, has he ever played center at the NHL level? I suppose he'll now be our third-line center once the entire roster is back healthy?

No he is not a center and not a great playmaker either. The way the third line is assembled this year I'm not sure that is where he would contribute the most. I think Walker goes back to the 3rd line where he is a great fit for the grinding, cycle game that line tends to play.

My guess is this:

Whitney-Brindy-Williams

Ladd-Staal-Carter

Letowski-Vasicek-Walker

Adams-LaRose- x

When Stillman and Cole come back there will be a chance to reconfigure the lines so the third can be more of scoring vs. grinding line but the options are somewhat limited now.

No he is not a center ...
He must have played center at some point as The Internet Hockey Database also lists Carter as a center -

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdispla...3?pid%5B%5D=847

He must have played center at some point as The Internet Hockey Database also lists Carter as a center -

He played center at Mich State but has been a RW in the NHL. He is not a center and is not going to play center here.

He played center at Mich State but has been a RW in the NHL. He is not a center and is not going to play center here.

Just to get ya goin' 'Rider :wink:, Sports Illustrated also lists Carter as a center with Boston back in the day -

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nh...s/Anson.Carter/

Just to get ya goin' 'Rider :wink:, Sports Illustrated also lists Carter as a center with Boston back in the day -

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nh...s/Anson.Carter/

Hmm, the same SI that recently referred to the Carolina Panthers winning the Stanley Cup? :wink: