The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sfarrell16

Terrible Vasicek!!!!!!

Yep, those weren't the best of times!! They were some tough games to sit thru and more than a few would chant "Mo must go!".

stop beating up on the Condor. He is skating and looking good. You may not like him but hes a good player and he works better in the loker room than Belager ever did.

The only thing Vasicek has done consistantly since he has been back is draw penalties, which on more than one occasion has lead to the opposing team scoring and skate around like he is in la la land. He does not use his size to his advantage. I do not know why Rutherford got him back.

What Vasicek needs is to be pushed to be a more physical player. He needs to learn that he has to skate hard and punish people or be benched. Every player on this team needs to play as hard as they can every night or be benched. that's all there is to it. regardless of who they are or how many goals they've scored. So far, i've only seen that kind of consistancy from Commadore, Williams, Whitney and Brind'amour.

yeah, this trade mystifies me... trade the guy who's po'ed that half the time most of his team mates aren't showing up to play, and has the cojones to speak up about it (maybe like KAds too? hmmm??) are we avoiding another Islander's style locker room melt down here? if so, where's the common flaw between the two scenarios? and what mistakes that were made then are possibly being repeated now? (just food for thought)

oh, and it almost made me cry to see big Joe pass up the chance to pound Jon Sim into the ice... it was Sim that backed down, but it would have been so beautiful to see Joe throw down and really pummel him... we need that...

I myself thought that Vasicek had a hell of a game against the Flyers. I saw him hit several people, and he blocked a bunch of shots. Looking forward to see how he plays with Carter if they do play together.

EDIT: For some reason, I had written that Big Joe blocked a bunch of thoughts, not shots. Someone please smack me.

Vasicek hasn't really had much of a chance you must admit. Prior to the knee injury last year I thought he was getting markedly better. His size alone makes him a valuable asset.

Belanger is not a scoring machine, contrary to what has been implied here. His shot is soft--the goals I can remember were bad angle/fluke-type goals. He didn't create chances, either, and I thought Joe did a nice job against Atlanta in terms of keeping the puck in the zone, thus creating pressure and chances for the Canes. It's neither here nor there that Chad NoGoals and Adams happen to be his linemates.

LaRose-Vasicek-Adams is a great line in terms of potential. You could get a great night out of them at any time. Consistency is something to work on, but to do that you have to take the ups and the downs. LaRose has shown that he CAN score, he just is unlucky right now.

Vasicek could be our own Doug Weight. Remember last year when all anybody on this board could talk about was how Doug was sucking and we messed up by trading for him. Mr. Point-per-game In the Playoffs looks pretty good right now, huh?

I myself thought that Vasicek had a hell of a game against the Flyers. I saw him hit several people, and he blocked a bunch of thoughts. Looking forward to see how he plays with Carter if they do play together.

I am not a big Vasicek fan either, but I have to agree that Joe did play a decent game last night against Philly, he is hard as heck to get off of his feet, he could do wonders parked in front of the goal on the PP, which was a travesty last night but that is a whole different subject. Remember the rest of this team is not exactly on fire either. :shock:

Caniacal says.....I myself thought that Vasicek had a hell of a game against the Flyers. I saw him hit several people, and he blocked a bunch of shots. Looking forward to see how he plays with Carter if they do play together.

I don't know what game you saw.....stats say SloJoe had 2SOG, 0HT, 1GV, 1BS, 2MS, 46%F. You must have mixed up Joe with Wanabe who had a solid game of 5HT (gawwwwwddd TH is gonna read this and I'll never live it down).

I thought I saw Vasicek get a major hit on a Flyers guy early in the third. 'Twas in the left hand side of the screen as the Flyers were breaking the puck out of their own end.

Guess it might have been someone else... :Oops:

JoVa did very well tonight! I'm happy for him, & Tripp & John were sending kudos his way. Good to hear & I hope he continues to build on what he's finding out he can do. :D

Vasicek has played well the past 3 games or so. His shift has been cycling the puck incredibly, and he's fighting on the boards for the puck better than anyone. He's making an impact.

Just because Joe is not scoring does not mean that he is not helping the team right now. He is a big center down the middle with a lot of range. Belanger(sp?) looked good at times when he was here but produced few points. However, putting Joe on a checking line is a little bit of a stretch. But Lavi has to decide on his lines soon and let them get into a groove.