The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
obxcaneadian

Ghram and the Puck, Cam and his contract

He flips it till it is logo side up. His dad used to do it when he played. Far as I know Johnny has too.

PS- With last nights game, Grahame is up to three assists now for the season.

He flips it till it is logo side up. His dad used to do it when he played. Far as I know Johnny has too.

How did Grahame get an assist on J-Willie's first goal last night? Justin brought the puck down the ice, dropped it back for Staal, then Eric shot the puck. Williams got the rebound and took 3 slaps at it before it went in. Can someone explain how Grahame got the secondary assist? Thanks.

N&O says ... "Moments after Eric Staal left the penalty box for an interference penalty, he collected a pass from Grahame and shot the puck ahead for Williams .... then poked the rebound (of his own shot) past a sprawled out Lehtonen..."

I knew I should have checked the assists stat, as I stated I had the music on so I wasn't aware that he got an assit last night. Way to go, does he lead the league in that stat?

According to NHL.com Turco has 4, and there are three other goalies in the league other than Grahame that have 3 assists. Funny thing is, Holmie from my home team (Tampa) is one of them. Wow, tells how much I pay attention, guess I'm more interested in the Hurricanes. :D

I knew I should have checked the assists stat, as I stated I had the music on so I wasn't aware that he got an assit last night. Way to go, does he lead the league in that stat?

According to NHL.com Turco has 4, and there are three other goalies in the league other than Grahame that have 3 assists. Funny thing is, Holmie from my home team (Tampa) is one of them. Wow, tells how much I pay attention, guess I'm more interested in the Hurricanes. :D

Marty Turco's in first with 4 assists and there's a 5-way tie for second (Grahame, Fleury, Toskala, Kolzig, and Homqvist)

It doesn't have to be Player A to Player B to Player C. If the scorer and primary assist pass it back and forth a few times, the secondary assist still gets credited.

When a player scores a goal, an "assist" shall be credited to the player or players taking part in the play immediately preceding the goal, but no more than two assists can be given on any goal. Each "assist" shall count one point in the player's record.

I'm not trying to argue that Grahame deserved an assist. I'm happy he got one. I'm just trying to understand the rule. If you go to NHL.com and look at the highlights on the 1st goal, Atlanta tried to center a pass that either deflected off Grahame, or he deflected it to Williams. Either way, it didn't seem that he had very much to do with the goal being scored. Maybe he deflected the centering pass to Williams and that allowed him to break out with the puck?

I'm not trying to argue that Grahame deserved an assist. I'm happy he got one. I'm just trying to understand the rule. If you go to NHL.com and look at the highlights on the 1st goal, Atlanta tried to center a pass that either deflected off Grahame, or he deflected it to Williams. Either way, it didn't seem that he had very much to do with the goal being scored. Maybe he deflected the centering pass to Williams and that allowed him to break out with the puck?
I think it was a bit generous scoring Graham an assist on that play. But the same can be said of about a quarter of the second assists as they can frequently be so far removed from the actual scoring of the goal.

Well the Grahame part happens at the absolute beginning of the clip.. and I didn't save the whole game on Tivo.. so I'm not sure. But from what I *can* see, Grahame definitely is looking right at Justin as the puck goes to him. It looks like an intentional act, not a chance deflection. Wouldn't bet the farm on it, but there's no problem with giving a secondary assist on that play.

I must say, I like both goalies too. Cam was my favorite, but the 1st time I saw Grahame out there, he jumped up on my list pretty fast! I've also noticed Cam has picked up a few things from Grahame.

I have a friend who is a Tampa fan...he made a comment the other day about watching one of the Canes games and noticed their former goalie (Grahame) in and no wonder we lost...I told him, maybe he should be watching more and he may be a little upset that they don't have him anymore!

I was also shocked to see him in last nights game..I thought for sure they would have Cam in. Usually they let Cam have a break for one game then put him back in. Glad Crackers had another chance to use his skills!!!

I must say, I like both goalies too. Cam was my favorite, but the 1st time I saw Grahame out there, he jumped up on my list pretty fast! I've also noticed Cam has picked up a few things from Grahame.

I have a friend who is a Tampa fan...he made a comment the other day about watching one of the Canes games and noticed their former goalie (Grahame) in and no wonder we lost...I told him, maybe he should be watching more and he may be a little upset that they don't have him anymore!

I was also shocked to see him in last nights game..I thought for sure they would have Cam in. Usually they let Cam have a break for one game then put him back in. Glad Crackers had another chance to use his skills!!!

Yeah he is picking up things, like trying to play the puck! heheeh

I would hate to see them to do that to Crackers, if he is doing really well, let him play a few games. Won't hurt us thats for sure

Wow...he might end up with more points than Tim Gleason!

I hope we ride Crackers while he is on a hot streak.Thats what Lavs did last year and it worked great.Keeps the goalies on there game.I believe it makes them work a little harder if they want to be the one between pipes!Good Job Johnny keep up the good work.We all know what Cam can do,having 2 hot Goalies is a good thing!!

Wow...he might end up with more points than Tim Gleason!

hahaha that made me laugh.

yeah Cracker has been doing pretty well in my book.

he is improving his play and actually giving good passes now.

he is becoming a decent goalie. :)

Tripp said Grahame has been known to ride a hot streak so Lavy may indeed keep him in for a while. We saw last year with Cam he is not afraid to do that. Here's to Johnny having a real long hot streak...

ok glad to know I am not the only one who noticed Grahame flipping the puck in his glove several hundred times LOL

I was like "*edit* is that all about?" I was wondering if it was a obsessive compulsive deal LMAO :mrgreen:

ok glad to know I am not the only one who noticed Grahame flipping the puck in his glove several hundred times LOL

I was like "*edit* is that all about?" I was wondering if it was a obsessive compulsive deal LMAO :mrgreen:

hahah yeahh at first i was like what in the worlddd.

now im just like yeah whateverrr. :D