The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
ill4mation

Will we still get the same TV coverage?

what coverage? I don't remember us being on any national games. I may be wrong, but if we were it would only be 1 or 2.

that's what i thought...darn you espn for not keping the nhl.

I'm thinking the thread starter was referring to local coverage by FSN, and is wondering if FSN will cover more (all) games next season. As someone else stated, the demand has certainly risen along with our improved attendance this year, so I would certainly think coverage will improve at the minimum. I can't imagine coverage decreasing anyway...

it is my understanding that the FSN contract renews after this season, it will be up to the canes to ask for more coverage if FSN doesn't offer it up.

I'm thinking the thread starter was referring to local coverage by FSN, and is wondering if FSN will cover more (all) games next season. As someone else stated, the demand has certainly risen along with our improved attendance this year, so I would certainly think coverage will improve at the minimum. I can't imagine coverage decreasing anyway...

Thats exactly the type of coverage I was thinking of.

:D

Wast there another NBC game vs Atlanta next week. I thought before the season there were two regional NBC games and now there is only one?

Then vs NY I cant see as the Bruins are playing the following week at the same time :cry:

NBC in all its glory and wisdom has decided to drop the big division rivalry game between CAR and ATL and will instead show the red-hot Penguins take on the dead-last Flyers :roll: CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY SELL SELL SELL

NBC in all its glory and wisdom has decided to drop the big division rivalry game between CAR and ATL and will instead show the red-hot Penguins take on the dead-last Flyers :roll: CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY SELL SELL SELL

People are crazy for some Crosby, its absolutely insane.

People are crazy for some Crosby, its absolutely insane.

Yah and when Crosby doesnt do well and the canes game is awsome, they'll wish theyd seen the canes game.

Of course it will be at least as good, we'll be the defending cup champs again. :mrgreen:

LOL nice, I have to give you props for that one :-)

Of course it will be at least as good, we'll be the defending cup champs again. :mrgreen:

LOL nice, I have to give you props for that one :-)

haha good positive thinking!!

but i think we will get the same coverage

because this is pretty much the coverage we got last season without being stanley cup champions

I have been very dissapointed with this years coverage at least in the number of games. There were a lot more games on FSN last year. We must have the worst TV package in the NHL this year. There have even been a couple of road games that weren't on. I don't think this will help build the season ticket base. I think it will just result in the casual fans losing touch with the team. I hope Im wrong, but its dissapointing when there are so many games not on TV. I have a mini season ticket package and will probably make another 5 regular season games or so in addition to that. Thats all I can afford if I want to go to some playoff games also. I just don't think you should have to buy The Center Ice Package to watch your hometown team play. If they aren't carefull they are going to lose Forslund too. Not sure how his contract works and whether or not it matters (for his compensation) how many games he calls, but he is branching out with VS now. A play by play guy of his quality won't be around long the way things are going.

I just shudder at the thought of March. As I recall from years past, it's wall-to-wall basketball. No offense if you like the round ball, but give me ice, puck, and blood, everytime!

I just shudder at the thought of March. As I recall from years past, it's wall-to-wall basketball. No offense if you like the round ball, but give me ice, puck, and blood, everytime!

I have an idea... everyone who wants to see more games on tv should take the money that they save in the playoff ticket cookie jar and get center ice next year.

My complaint is that the only time the canes have been on canadian tv this year were 2 games against the habs and they were called in french. They played at the Senators and the Habs on Saturday nights and FSN chose to cover those instead of let us paying customers see the HNIC guys call the game...

center ice is great you get most the games not sure how the blackout rules work for the locals though.

Center Ice Rules! Don't know what we did without it. For the price of a family of 4 good seats, you get the whole season. Section 316 are good seats to me. When there are blackouts you can watch the other teams feeds. Haven't missed a game yet. Will be there tonight and with DVR the game too!

Unfortunately Center Ice isn't available to everyone. So it isn't always the answer.

Over here in Greenville you even have to get digital cable to get Vs. Not that they actually show any Canes games this season, anyways. But it really sucked during the playoffs last year.

FSN is huge to those of us that live outside the Raleigh area. Hopefully they will get a contract that is a lot better for us fans and that will show even more games. Especially away games - nothing more frustrating than the away games not being shown. A contract that shows every away game (at least those not shown on NBC or Vs.) should be key.

While they're at it, it would be nice if they expanded their radio coverage, too, for when there are games that aren't on tv.