The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Possible Good News

Whitney is too old and too small. Don't waste the money.He always has his best year in his contract year(Got him in the pool this year for that reason).Put anyone on the Brindamour/Williams line and they would pick up points.

Whitney is too old and too small. Don't waste the money.He always has his best year in his contract year(Got him in the pool this year for that reason).Put anyone on the Brindamour/Williams line and they would pick up points.

Please tell me this was meant as a joke?

He's almost got a point. Having Williams and Brind'Amour together, whoever plays with them does put up more points. It's statistically true. But Whit is in and of himself quite talented. It's not all Whitney, and it's not all JWill/Brindy. It's a combination of their collective talent and drive. Look at the stats for all three of them and I think the numbers bear that out.

I've got high hopes for our team next season, I think missing the playoffs will be an eye opener for our guys, plus let them heal and get rested up. Then maybe come next season we'll be able to sneak up on some teams again. I mean seriously we have the potential to be consistant I think we just need to rest and come out firing next season. Just imagine a fully healed 'Canes squad starting up next season with a healed and rested Cory Stillman, Frank Kaberle, Erik Cole I think the future is bright, we really need to hold on to what we've got and maybe just tweek a couple of things maybe dealing with Letowski, Tanabe and so on. Hopefully even picking up another scorer in the offseason UFA pool and do we have a decent first round pick this season? I think we'll be ok guys, hey even though I hate them, the Pats didn't make the post season after they won their first super bowl. I honestly think we're getting paid back for all the good breaks and good luck we had last year, I mean this season has been everything but and for the most part we've held on to the slim hope of a playoff spot, now if we can just work and make those oppertunities happen again I think we'll be ok.

I think Ray knows that there is still alot of potential in the next few years to win another Cup w/ this team, & he knows what talent we hold here on the 'Canes.... maybe he'll use that type of logic to want to stay here long-term & "go for the gusto" again before he retires?

Bein' up here in Alberta, we just saw Smyth fly out the door because Lowe couldn't sign him. It's a business. If Whitney can capitalize on his career season, you can imagine that there are a few teams that will bring $$ to the table, I would hope it wouldn't happen, but the possibility is always there. In Detroit (i'm a wings fan...sorry) he did alright, but he's really fluorished here so I hope he stays. But as much as you love a place, money is the name of the game.

Sidenote, I don't see Anson Carter getting more than 10-12 points in the remaining games, but I do imagine he'll get his stride in the next game, he just has to get used to the line juggling. I hope he stays in Carolina, because I don't know how much more moving his family can take, lol, and I imagine he'll be rather cheap, unless he just goes on a tear, and in that case...that'll be good for the Canes.

Lavi just needs to find the right combo for Carter. Honestly I think Cole, Vasicek and Carter would be a pretty antimidating line when Cole is back. I am also a wings fan blueliner so don't feel like you're the only one.

As far as Ray Whitney goes, he may think exactly like Carter and not want to go anywhere. Yes he has talent and could get offered some good money other places.

I think he should stay to fill that captain role when Rod decides to hang em up. And who better to hang out with em than an old teamate like Carter.

Well I know this has been on everyone's mind lately, and with the horrid lose last night here's a statement from JR that could be a positive:
And on a day when many players who will be unrestricted free agents this summer either were dealt or re-signed, Rutherford said he has not had any conversations with Ray Whitney's representatives about a new deal, nor will he until after the season. The Canes' leading scorer's contract expires June 30.

"It's a top priority for us, without question," Rutherford said. "Ray Whitney will be our top priority when the season ends, but it'll be when the season ends."

Let's just all hope that he gives Ray what he wants. And Walker cause last night, Walker was one of the best players out there.

agree... Keep Ray... Walker, I'm not so sure about... we can find a better wing...