The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
top-shelf-1

Stick a Fork in Us...

Not picking up the 2 million option on Recchi was a mistake. He wanted to stay and would have been well worth the money.

Next to trading JJ, this was the second dumbest move the Canes made during the offseason. They signed Lewtowski instead for a million dollars cheaper. Not a good trade off

Not picking up the 2 million option on Recchi was a mistake. He wanted to stay and would have been well worth the money.

Next to trading JJ, this was the second dumbest move the Canes made during the offseason. They signed Lewtowski instead for a million dollars cheaper. Not a good trade off

We had a deal worked out with Mark. The reality of it is, he ran it by Alexa, and she really wanted to go back to Pittsburg, where her family is and where the college she was attending is.

It was a family decision, and Mark had previously promised her they were back in Pitt to stay. He did right by his family, and that's all that matters.

we're done.

To my fellow Caniacs, my quesitons are these: Where do we go from here? What do we need, who is expendable? I think Anson Carter was a good move, but it would have been a better one a month sooner. Even if he'd have fit in immediately, the fact would have remained that we have just one true scoring line, and that's about two short of the number needed in this league.

Can an off-season of healing (injuries, after all, were a big part of this year's picture) with no major moves be enough to get us back in contention? Much as I'd like to think so, it's like the Wardo thing; deep inside, I know better.

Thoughts?

Where do we go? Well first we finish the season that we are in because it's not over yet. I don't expect them to make the playoffs or get the Stanley Cup this year, but I DO want to watch 4 weeks of good hockey. I am just glad we get to watch it, because I know I will be missing it when the season is over. SO I am just going to enjoy the next four weeks and if somehow we make the playoffs then awesome, if not....well...that's that

Do we need a topic like this after each loss? It's really starting to get annoying hearing the same crap over and over again.

Hopefully my Anti-Meltdown Squad will aid in getting rid of these threads. 8)

Honestly, I do think we're not gonna make it this year...but Ok...It happens...16 other teams dont as well....live and learn....even if it's from Stanley Cup Champs....as pathetic as it sounds....if that loosens your load.

thanks guys, i thought the habs were doomed to miss the playoffs, but they way you guys are stinking even more that us, we might still have a shot!

Just for that comment I hope your Habs-beens miss it by a point to any team not just the Canes.

Those who think things are going to change (Canes will start winning more than they lose) I just wonder on what basis - by what spark of hope you see game after game to make those kinds of assertions beyond pollyanna-ism. They play like they already have their summer tee times reserved and clubs all polished. Across every category of play from goaltending to defense to socring to faceoffs to special teams play and especially the coaching - what do you people see to be bashing those who see a team headed down the crapper?

(By the way, I highly doubt any of the Canes read any of the this stuff - they're far too busy working on improving their play).

Those who think things are going to change (Canes will start winning more than they lose) I just wonder on what basis - by what spark of hope you see game after game to make those kinds of assertions beyond pollyanna-ism. They play like they already have their summer tee times reserved and clubs all polished. Across every category of play from goaltending to defense to socring to faceoffs to special teams play and especially the coaching - what do you people see to be bashing those who see a team headed down the crapper?
Yeah, the way Edmonton pounded us 5-0 last night and us with guys injured. The Canes just showed no heart, no effort. Outplayed and out hit in every aspect. No way we'll win Game 7. Heck, we're only 6-6 in our last twelve games. Just a .500 hockey team!! Average, nothing special. We're toast!!

Just wanted to give a little flashback as to what some of these posters may have written or been thinking back on the morning of June 18, 2006. :wink:

I agree the Canes still have a good shot at the playoffs being only 1 point from the 8th seed. The thought of these Cane's playing Buffalo in a rematch spells much trouble for the viewing public. This team will need to start playing much better hockey to get into the playoffs and then take it to another level to avoid a total embarrassment at the hands of Buffalo. With every Cane's loss I'm starting to hear the Fat Lady warming up her voice.

Go Canes!

Do we need a topic like this after each loss? It's really starting to get annoying hearing the same crap over and over again.

That's exactly how I feel, IceFrog...

Apart from the first period, I thought we played an excellent game last night. We probably would have won had it not been for our abysmal power play, Ottawa's amazing shot-blocking skills, and a series of ungodly saves by Emery. Sure, the loss came at a bad time, but getting shut out last night certainly wasn't as bad as earlier in the season in which Rosie, Craig Adams, and our goalie were the only guys playing out there.

For all the bandwagoners who are upset, there's still sixteen games left in the season. That's plenty of time for us to win our division if we get hot. Anybody remember the Devils' fifteen-game winning streak? :wink:

Last nite was a pathetic effort by a team on a downward spiral.These guys just don't have the chemistry that they used to.There is still no excuse for the lack of effort!There is a big difference betweem "LOSING"and "GETTING BEAT" and last nite we lost!!!I have to say i turned in to a "boo bird" at my own house and i would have left early but i had a few cold ones in me so i had to stay!!!!

Have faith gang! A playoff birth is within our grasp. Carpe Diem!

Someone better start looking up the ladder then. As of this morning, we have fallen all the way to 9th, which means early golf season in the hockey world.

We could still be in the mix, but we need to approach every game as though it was the last one of the season. I've yet to see this sort of intensity in anything but very short bursts.

L

Fortunately, the teams around us (Toronto, Montreal, Atlanta, Rangers) are playing about par to course with the Canes. No one has gone and started to separate themselves from the rest of the crowd.

The only way they will correct this is if they improve their PP. That has really been the one constant to the Canes ineffective play all season.

(By the way, I highly doubt any of the Canes read any of the this stuff - they're far too busy working on improving their play).

I can't speak for everyone, but my confidence comes from:

1)17 games is alot to play

2)Other teams can go into slumps, just like we can

3)We have shown that when we pull it together, we can win

4)We're only 1 point out of it

While i do hope we can still make the playoffs I'm not optomistic. Especially after the trade deadline went by and we sat still and did not improve ourselves at all while EVERY team in front of us made themselves better.