The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
rigpig-eo1

Good Luck to the 'Canes and 'Caniacs

It's odd how the two finalist from last year have been having all the trouble this year. Obviously, Edmonton's a little worse for the wear right now, having lost Smyth out of nowhere, to add to their previous troubles.

Injuries hit both teams hard.

The non-existent trades during the deadline rush

And the decision to skip the effort on "must-win" games. :roll:

The only difference right now is the Canes have an off-chance at the playoffs.

Thanks Oilman...you guys are the best. I will never forget after Game 7 the number of Oil fans that were congratulatory to me and my fellow Caniacs. They were respectful during the Cup presentation and three guys who we never met before, that drove down from Edmonton, even joined us for the champaigne and beer we were celebrating with in the parking lot after the game! Unbelieveable and quite a contrast to the folks from Buffalo.

Thanks Oilman, the admiration and respect gained for the Oiler faithful down here in North Carolina is tremendous.

I can honestly tell you after seeing the Edmonton class, the Alberta faithfullness, and the grit which your team played you all won over the Caniac fan base.

Let's hope the Canes make it in this year, and from afar we will be pulling hard for Edmonton to return to the playoffs as soon as possible. Such a group of people deserve no less.

After having to put up with the sludge from Buffalow, the Oil fans were a breath of fresh air. Just wish the NHL schedule makers could arange a home/home matchup with all the teams in the Western Conference each year.

Thanks Oilman...you guys are the best. I will never forget after Game 7 the number of Oil fans that were congratulatory to me and my fellow Caniacs. They were respectful during the Cup presentation and three guys who we never met before, that drove down from Edmonton, even joined us for the champaigne and beer we were celebrating with in the parking lot after the game! Unbelieveable and quite a contrast to the folks from Buffalo.

i didn't drive down but i sure did drink alot of beer in the parking lot after, and at some bar downtown, hell the bar was letting us poor Oil fans drink on the house...

Maybe if we are lucky enough and the schedulers give us a visit from the Oilers next year, we can plan ahead far enough that if you guys are coming in, the Caniac Nation can plan a tailgate for all the Oilers who can manage the trip.

A reunion, as it were. We all certainly seem to be like-minded fans when it comes to how to honor our teams by giving a good accounting of ourselves as hosts and as guests.

Y'all come back, you hear?

Maybe if we are lucky enough and the schedulers give us a visit from the Oilers next year, we can plan ahead far enough that if you guys are coming in, the Caniac Nation can plan a tailgate for all the Oilers who can manage the trip.

A reunion, as it were. We all certainly seem to be like-minded fans when it comes to how to honor our teams by giving a good accounting of ourselves as hosts and as guests.

Y'all come back, you hear?

Oilers do play in Raleigh next season, hopeing to fit it in my travel plans as it looks like I won't have too worry about spending money this spring

Hey just thought i'd check in from Oil country and wish all you Caniacs luck in the playoffs, I was in Raleigh for game seven last year and although it was a tough loss the respect and class shown by everyone in Raleigh made things a little better... Here's one Albertan that will solidly be on the Hurricanes bandwagon, remember we were an 8 seed last year,

PS have a cold Icehouse in the RBC parking lot for me

I love oilers fans

Ya'll are so nice :D

good luck to you guys too!

Hey just thought i'd check in from Oil country and wish all you Caniacs luck in the playoffs, I was in Raleigh for game seven last year and although it was a tough loss the respect and class shown by everyone in Raleigh made things a little better... Here's one Albertan that will solidly be on the Hurricanes bandwagon, remember we were an 8 seed last year,

PS have a cold Icehouse in the RBC parking lot for me

thanks for being classy. I respect your team and always will :D

Good luck in all you do my friend.

Thanks Oilman, the admiration and respect gained for the Oiler faithful down here in North Carolina is tremendous.

I can honestly tell you after seeing the Edmonton class, the Alberta faithfullness, and the grit which your team played you all won over the Caniac fan base.

Let's hope the Canes make it in this year, and from afar we will be pulling hard for Edmonton to return to the playoffs as soon as possible. Such a group of people deserve no less.

+1

If I were make a list of all the things I loved the most about last year's playoffs, watching Edmonton fans do

would be in the top 5. Classy bunch.