The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cjslumber

Can we have our fifth round draft pick back?

Strange how fast attitudes change... Carter having no stats shows one thing, he needs to be worked into the lineup more and get comfortable with linemates and the system, rather then simply float around, touch the puck a couple times, and dump it.

This entire team is struggling big-time offensively. Carter is just one tiny piece in a big, miserable puzzle. :cry:

Besides - that 5th round pick certainly isn't doing anything this year either. :P

Do you remember last year when weight and recchi came and they took a little while to fit in

Exactly what I was going to say. Granted he has been doing absolutely nothing, I'll give him time before I get on his back about it. It's hard to fit in to a new system.

given that we are only on the hook for two months of his salary the people are whining about nothing. i think the 5th round this year may only be a bag of pucks and two used jocks.

Like I said in another thread he was very appreciative when I told him we all know he'll have his breakout game soon. We were getting our jerseys signed after the game and he stopped for everyone and I think he got a good "welcome to Carolina". If he can build on some fan support rather than criticism I think it will help his confidence.

Either Bayda or Aucoin could have done better than Carter.

your kidding right...

he must be because if that were truly the case JR would have brought them up and saved draft picks instead of getting Carter. So far i like what i see in Carter given what we gave up.

We got a good trade with Carter. I hope JR can work out a deal and that he stays. It is a little quick to conclude that he is no good.

Carter can contribute and I think he has played OK to this point. Certainly better than a 5 round pick. I also think he will mesh better with the team over the next few games.

Look on the bright side at least Eric Belanger is playing well. Oh yeah we traded him to one of the teams were trying to catch.

56 games with the Canes 20 points, 9 games with Atlanta 8 points.

Does this mean he's a 72 point guy if he was in Atlanta all year. Let's hope not for the canes sake because I can't take much more of this.

as much as I am a fan of Carter, I can only recall his trade from the Capitals to the Kings. This looks all too familiar. For his sake...I hope he can crank it up a notch. I don't think I could handle seeing him go through another 2 trades/signings (this summer, and then at the trade deadline in 2008 ;))

Look on the bright side at least Eric Belanger is playing well. Oh yeah we traded him to one of the teams were trying to catch.

Does this mean he's a 72 point guy if he was in Atlanta all year. Let's hope not for the canes sake because I can't take much more of this.

we traded him to nashville him going to ATL isnt because of anything JR did

We didn't trade him to Atlanta.

Belanger wasn't putting up points here because he wasn't getting a lot of ice-time (because we have actual top six centers here, unlike Atlanta). Same with Carter now. Most people didn't like Belanger when he was here, now they don't like Carter. See a pattern? All we heard was JR'S STUPID FOR REPLACING CULLEN WITH BELANGER!!!!!1111 Now it's LOL WHAT A DUMB TRADE CARTER SUCKS!!!!!111

This is the problem I have with people demanding trades for top six forwards and then wanting to throw them on the third (and some cases the fourth) line. They don't get enough ice-time to succificiently produce, then people start a complain-fest because they aren't producing.

And, no, Belanger will not be a 72 point guy if he's with Atlanta all year. He had 7 points in his first 10 games here and then did close to nothing the rest of the year. He also requested a trade, which is why he was traded....TO NASHVILLE.

He's playing on a line with Marian Hossa. Hossa was one of the NHL's scoring leaders way before Belanger came around, so it's only natural that Belanger will pick up points playing with Hossa. Anyone would.

Yes, I'm well aware Belanger was traded to Nashville and then to Atlanta but JR made a bad trade getting Big Joe in return. I liked Eric Belanger and I'm sorry we couldn't find him more playing time considering the other centers are not playing up to their potential. As for the Carter deal I think JR pulled off a steal for only a 5th rd pick. I was joking about the 72 point man in Belanger but I hope he continues to do well in Atlanta. I think the best trade JR did was not try to pull off a big trade before the deadline this year because I believe he knows in his heart no matter what trade he made their is not magic bullet with this team this year. He will trade his extra defensemen before the draft and see what they can get to retool for next year.

So stop the whinning you sound like a bunch of school girl, please don't offended if your are a school girl.

Out

Go Canes

Yes, I'm well aware Belanger was traded to Nashville and then to Atlanta but JR made a bad trade getting Big Joe in return.
"Oh yeah we traded him to one of the teams were trying to catch." Doesn't sound like it.
I liked Eric Belanger and I'm sorry we couldn't find him more playing time considering the other centers are not playing up to their potential.
Center(s)? Brind'amour isn't playing up to his potential? Even Staal has 60 points, which is still 23 more than Belanger's career high.

Yes, I'm well aware Belanger was traded to Nashville and then to Atlanta but JR made a bad trade getting Big Joe in return. I liked Eric Belanger and I'm sorry we couldn't find him more playing time considering the other centers are not playing up to their potential.

Without Weight this year, the third line's role went from an additional scoring threat to one of cycling and puck possession which could wear down the opposition and set up the occasional score. From that standpoint, Vasicek has been getting the job done. Some fans will always cry that he's too slow and doesn't hit enough but watch how he uses his size to stay strong on the puck.

Belanger didn't like that role and wanted to be used more on the PP and the PK which is happening in Atlanta. He worked hard but isn't exactly strong on the puck. As far as the "other centers are not playing up to their potential" you can only direct that at Staal. Interestingly, earlier this year when Lavi shook up the lines he gave more ice time to Belanger and had him play on the second line to reward his hard work and he bombed. His minutes starting to decrease and his unhappiness increased.

Now that's he's with Hossa and Kozlov, of course he'll get some points and open nets to shoot at. Those guys are so good that even a Kevyn Adams type player would get 40-50 points playing with them. Belanger still is a second line center on a poor team and a third line center where there is depth at center. His play will ultimately find its level in ATL.

Do you remember last year when weight and recchi came and they took a little while to fit in...or where you not a fan then??

Anytime you want to measure commitment to the Canes as a fan we can big boy? I don't think you dirve 1:30 minutes each way for 95 % of the games. I had a family member in ICU during the playoffs and I still made every game(I'd say that's borderlin crazy) because my family new how important the Hurricanes are to me. I don't think you've been to multiple away games to watch the team play 10 hours away. Do you pay for the Center Ice Package just so you can catch the five games that are not on Fox sports. Do you subscribe to XM so if you happen to be driving you can catch every minute of every game. Did you go to the very first game ever in NC in Greensboro. You can disagree with my post but don't question if I'm a real fan Mr. Walker 24.

Weight and Reichi might not have been scoring right away but they where loging big minutes and contributing in other ways then just scoring. Every time they interviewed Weight and Rechi they where delighted to be here. Those two players are also the ultimate proffesionals and had proven over the years that they are consistent players. Carter has been traded numerous times and hasn't had many friends in the places he left. If you log only 7 minutes in a crucial game when we have two major wingers out what do you think he'll contribute when we have everyone healthy. That's my point MR. Superfan.