The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
mrs-rb-17

Devils...

Offense wins games, and the Canes don't have much of one at all lately.

I'm not impressed with 40 SOGs and only 2 go in.

I strongly disagree, the guys name is Marty Broduer. Broduer was the X-factor last night.

Offense wins games, and the Canes don't have much of one at all lately.

I'm not impressed with 40 SOGs and only 2 go in.

I strongly disagree, the guys name is Marty Broduer. Broduer was the X-factor last night.

Exactly. Lavi even said it, Brodeur won Jersey that game.

Yeah, I imagine with the effort we gave last night, had it been Clemmensen in goal last night the score would have been A LOT different.

Broduer/3-2 Devils

Clemmanson/ 7-3 Canes

Knowing that the Devils still don't have fans as awesome as us...Priceless

:lol:

Broduer/3-2 Devils

Clemmanson/ 7-3 Canes

Knowing that the Devils still don't have fans as awesome as us...Priceless

:lol:

Knowing we have the potential to light up Marty on his birthday...priceless :mrgreen: :lol:

Knowing we have the potential to light up Marty on his birthday...priceless :mrgreen: :lol:

No one's going to believe me when I say this, but I swear one of the fans in the 100's behind the net got into his head that night. A guy wearing a Charlotte Checkers jersey (who was a stereotypical minor league fan) was sitting 3 or 4 seats down from me, and I have never heard one person yell the "you suck" chant as loud as he did. Moments after, Brodeur started scanning the section and was actually looking people in the eye (including me), probably trying to figure out who first yelled it. A few minutes after that, everybody in the building was taunting him and we were putting pucks by him right and left.

I should go to a few Checkers games and see if I run into that guy. He should get free tickets against the Devils for the next 5 or 10 years. :lol:

No one's going to believe me when I say this, but I swear one of the fans in the 100's behind the net got into his head that night. A guy wearing a Charlotte Checkers jersey (who was a stereotypical minor league fan) was sitting 3 or 4 seats down from me, and I have never heard one person yell the "you suck" chant as loud as he did. Moments after, Brodeur started scanning the section and was actually looking people in the eye (including me), probably trying to figure out who first yelled it. A few minutes after that, everybody in the building was taunting him and we were putting pucks by him right and left.

I should go to a few Checkers games and see if I run into that guy. He should get free tickets against the Devils for the next 5 or 10 years. :lol:

Maybe the guy should be banned. It sounds like he just fired Brodeur up and he was looking for the guy so he could thank him after the game. :-)

Maybe the guy should be banned. It sounds like he just fired Brodeur up and he was looking for the guy so he could thank him after the game. :-)

LOL, yeah, thats it.

Speaking of...did anyone do a You suck chant for him last night?

No, this was Game 1 last spring.

Sorry I thought you were talking about last night. :Oops: In that case get that guy back here because Marty was as bad as I have ever seen him in game 1.

LOL, yeah, thats it.

Nah, I make it a rule of thumb not to do the "Goalie chant" against goalies who are actually good. Brodeur, Luongo, Hasek, and Turco. There are a couple other goalies that I may or may not participate in, depending on how they've done in the game.

LOL, yeah, thats it.

Nah, I make it a rule of thumb not to do the "Goalie chant" against goalies who are actually good. Brodeur, Luongo, Hasek, and Turco. There are a couple other goalies that I may or may not participate in, depending on how they've done in the game.

"RULE OF THUMB?"(those who have seen the boondock saints know what I am talkin about.

I do not chant unless that goalie has given up 2 or more goals

c'mon y'all, the Canes brought their A game last night. We made excellent plays and got the kind of shots that we wanted. Unfortunately Brodeur was playing out of his frickin' head. I swear there were 3 or 4 of those saves I wanted to give the guy a hand. It was a clinic on his part. I did feel that some of their goals were a bit on the soft side but you know holding this team to 3 goals was pretty good. Our defense was very very good. Brodeur stole this one, it's that simple. Hats off to him. Now having said all of that I would like to add that after over 65 games this year I have finally gotten to the point that I feel that if Staal is not going to play 100% then lets get someone in here that is going to. It was interesting watching him and Cole on the same line. Erik was busting his *edit* every minute (like he has for so many games recently) on the ice and Staal was floundering around. I will give him credit for getting in front of the net a few times but ... his play is really lacking. He missed the net entierly on at least two wide open shots. He is always looking to pass (or get rid of the puck if you want to look at it that way). We are ok in the standings, a win tomorrow will be good. If we get this type of effort every game from here out, we might just slide into the payoffs after all.

cheap

Marty may have been dancing on his head last night and putting on a clinic but we were forcing him to do it. The Canes played full-out hockey the first two periods, and so did the Devils. You could see by the 3rd that all they guys were gutting it out on both teams. It was playoff level effort.

Ahhh, if only for just more than a game or two in the entire season that one did not have to watch a game and wonder where the penalty calls are that are NOT directed at the Canes! I no longer even vocalize about all the missed calls because the Lions Club poster boys simply look through the shenanigans as if the **editted by admin** is not happening. I often idly wonder if this is one of the Toronto directives: CAR won the SC, therefore they get the penalities this year. Congratulations! One of the perks of being Stanley Cup Champions - ENJOY!

If we could play a whole game getting the puck down to the net of the opposition and then shooting the hell out of it and swarming down there! Chip-and-dump, wrist shots, crash the net... when we are down there en masse, like terriers on a rat, we are Bad News. We made the great Brodeur earn his money last night, every flippin' dime. He was sweating like a damned pig under all that gear, despite all the cutesie delays that gave him some breathing room. Other than some woulda-coulda-shoulda's, overall last night was a great game that did not go our way. Yeah, I could pick at a couple guys and their 'contributions', but everyone has pretty much beaten those dirty rugs in this and other threads until they're frayed at the edges. Time to move on.

I have to say, Mitch "Magoo" is moonlighting. I saw him and his crew over at Winston-Salem for the NCAA's thursday afternoon. I hadn't seen officiating that bad since... any NHL game! At one point, some kid is standing on one of the feet of the kid in possession of the ball, pretty much pinning him in place. The ball handler tries to lurch out from under this guy and can't move. The ref is right there, looks down, sees the situation, and looks away. They were calling fouls on kids for breathing, and then ignoring blatant hacking and chopping. I swear to God it was hardwood hockey and the players in split-skirts instead of breezers! I was glad to get back to hockey that night to see our game - and saw that nothing had changed. The reffing still sucked to high heaven but at least we get real athletes doing real work for a living (most of 'em anyway).

Sorry Marcus but after this season is all said and done, the one thing I'll carry away from it more than anything else is the **editted by admin** officiating. I know that these zebras get their orders from Toronto, etc etc, but sometimes I wonder why they bother to show. Bring back the enforcers to police the guys themselves. I've seen the officiating contribute more to the back-drama in games this year than in a long time. Guys can hack and chop and hook and trip our guys on a regular basis with few calls. And we can't do anything about it because of the Instigator rule... not fair to end up in the penalty box and leave one's team short-handed.

It is SO frustrating as we come up on the end of almost an entire season of this lopsided calling. I'm not blaming our losses on officiating, but it has been so glaringly lopsided, it's mindboggling. I'm waiting for the book to come out on the secret code of zebras... how they pick the name of the teams for each season whose penalties they'll mostly ignore, and those they won't. Like a pre-season Secret Santa pick... oh, the Secret Lives of Zebras...

**We know some people are frustrated, but using profanity on the boards isn't going to change anything. Please watch the language**