Sign in to follow this  
BigMiike

Top 5 things that happen at every Canes game

5) the canes girls get oggled

4) garth brooks is played at least once

3) somebody comes with a Mike Commodore sign/wig

2) Brindamour crashes the net

1) Canes lose! haha!!

"WHAT A SHOT! CORY STILLMAN FROM JUST INSIDE THE BLUE LINE! AND THE CAROLINA HURRICANES HAVE ELIMINATED THE MONTREAL CANADIENS!"

Jerk. Maybe you can talk AFTER the Habs beat us in a meaningful game.

well, aside from number 1, how do you like the rest of my entries? :wink:

Every game, someone will boo an offsides call that was *clearly* correct.

(see the learning the game rules post)

I'm not sure it's that they don't know the rule. It's more likely them not having a great view and thinking they could still see it better than the refs.

This is my first season in 328 and I have to say I couldn't have chosen a more enjoyable place to sit in the building.

Here is a rundown of the chants I know:

Penalty on opposing team: "CHEATERS NEVER WIN"

Penalty Kill: One person yells "KILL IT" Rest of section yells: "KILL IT DEAD"

Penalty Kill: One person yells: "LORDY LORDY" Rest of section yells: "WE WANT A SHORTY!"

Random Chants:

"KNICK KNACK PADDY WACK GIVE THAT MAN A CONCUSSION!"

"MAKE HIS HEAD BLEED!" (usually only 1-2 people yell this)

"PUT THE BISCUIT IN THE BASKET!"

And of course heckling the goalie: for example: "THOMAS....THOMAS....THOMAS.....YOU SUCK!"

There are a couple things that individual people yell in reference to 3rd nipples, loving Chad LaRose, etc, but I'm not getting into all that.

I wish more people would get in on the "cheaters never win" thing- I see lots of people in adjacent sections doing it and even a few in the 100 level.

A few other things:

If your name isn't Mean Gene...don't blow a horn. People have a bad habit of blowing a horn at weird times, and/or blowing a horn, then something bad happens, and they continue to blow it- Bad Karma-

No one in 328 participates in the wave-

Ron the ref and 328 don't get along-

5 things you'll see at a Canes Game

5. First Timer will walk in while the puck is in play and take sweet time.

4. That guy down in the front/middle of the 100's has a flag for every nation...amazing.

3. Beer stand at 330 will run out of everything but Bud Light/Bud

2. They play an inspirational "comeback" video late in the 3rd.....even when we are winning.

1. 2 kids will play eachother on x-box in a shootout, broadcast on the jumbo tron...each and every night. We do this EVERY night.

5. You're incredibly hungry but don't feel like selling half your soul for a damn hot dog

4. The 'Canes allow a breakaway goal

3. An opposing fan tries to start a chant when no other opposing fan is sitting near him

2. Someone will try to blow a horn in sync with Mean Gene...and fail miserably

1. You space out during the MDX Shootout and do things like count NC State's championship banners

EDIT: And you will NEVER catch a t-shirt.

I agree with everything you said there, Most of all number 5 and 2

Two things for me.

1. After we score, before the announcement of goal and assists, the opposing teams will have shot 20 times at our goal with the goalie staning on his head making 15 saves and the other 5 times they hit the posts.

2. I can manage to pick the slowest urinal line.

5) the canes girls get oggled

4) garth brooks is played at least once

3) somebody comes with a Mike Commodore sign/wig

2) Brindamour crashes the net

1) Canes lose! haha!!

"WHAT A SHOT! CORY STILLMAN FROM JUST INSIDE THE BLUE LINE! AND THE CAROLINA HURRICANES HAVE ELIMINATED THE MONTREAL CANADIENS!"

Jerk. Maybe you can talk AFTER the Habs beat us in a meaningful game.

well, aside from number 1, how do you like the rest of my entries? :wink:

Number 3 annoys the crap outta me!

This is my first season in 328 and I have to say I couldn't have chosen a more enjoyable place to sit in the building.

Here is a rundown of the chants I know:

Penalty on opposing team: "CHEATERS NEVER WIN"

Penalty Kill: One person yells "KILL IT" Rest of section yells: "KILL IT DEAD"

Penalty Kill: One person yells: "LORDY LORDY" Rest of section yells: "WE WANT A SHORTY!"

Random Chants:

"MAKE HIS HEAD BLEED!" (usually only 1-2 people yell this)

"PUT THE BISCUIT IN THE BASKET!"

And of course heckling the goalie: for example: "THOMAS....THOMAS....THOMAS.....YOU SUCK!"

There are a couple things that individual people yell in reference to 3rd nipples, loving Chad LaRose, etc, but I'm not getting into all that.

I wish more people would get in on the "cheaters never win" thing- I see lots of people in adjacent sections doing it and even a few in the 100 level.

A few other things:

If your name isn't Mean Gene...don't blow a horn. People have a bad habit of blowing a horn at weird times, and/or blowing a horn, then something bad happens, and they continue to blow it- Bad Karma-

No one in 328 participates in the wave-

Ron the ref and 328 don't get along-

5 things you'll see at a Canes Game

5. First Timer will walk in while the puck is in play and take sweet time.

4. That guy down in the front/middle of the 100's has a flag for every nation...amazing.

3. Beer stand at 330 will run out of everything but Bud Light/Bud

2. They play an inspirational "comeback" video late in the 3rd.....even when we are winning.

1. 2 kids will play eachother on x-box in a shootout, broadcast on the jumbo tron...each and every night. We do this EVERY night.

I agree with the "Cheaters Never Win". But the timing seems to be random. It should start when the player steps into the box or sits down.

I like the call from over around 333 somewhere. "Gee I wonder how much time is left?" Then the announcement comes over the Horn. One Minute, One minute remaining in the period. Then they yell back. "Thank you!"

I like the call from over around 333 somewhere. "Gee I wonder how much time is left?" Then the announcement comes over the Horn. One Minute, One minute remaining in the period. Then they yell back. "Thank you!"

LMAO, that's funny...I suppose I haven't been close enough to 333 to hear that.

I agree with the "Cheaters Never Win". But the timing seems to be random. It should start when the player steps into the box or sits down.

The Cheaters Never Win call isn't random -- it's timed to the end of the Dragnet theme. But if the Jumbotron guys don't oblige by playing the Dragnet theme, then the guys down front in 328 fill it in themselves. Of course, you can't hear them anywhere else so it seems random. Now if we could get the guys on the Jumbo-Squad to get with the program, we'd have something... and it'd be uniquely ours too, which is always cool.

I'd forgotten about that "How much time is left?" thing, but now that you mention it, I remember it from the IceCaps days.

It would seriously rock if we could pick a "greatest hits" list from the "sectional cheers" and somehow get the whole building in on them. I'm telling my age here, but anybody remember the "Amen Corner" from Lefty Drisell's (sp?) days coaching at Maryland? The trouble with trying to spread stuff like this is the transiency of the crowd. With college sports you have roughly the same group of students at every game and they pass along the chants to other students, who pass it on to the incoming freshmen, and it becomes a part of the culture. with a pro team you may or may not have the same people there all the time -- STH's aside -- so it's not as easy to assimilate something like that unless the team lends a hand. But the Cheaters Never Win could be done that way just by putting it on the Jumbotron... maybe an animation of a ref with his arm up, the Dragnet theme and then putting the text up. Hmm... maybe I could put together a prototype and send it to 'em... Yeah, that's a good idea...

Thanks guys!

I can't believe no one has mentioned the idiots who spend half a period talking LOUDLY on their cell phones while being completely oblivious to the game - or the other fans around them. Argh!

I love that chant. Makes me crack up everytime. Too bad it looks badly when you try and do it in the lower levels. :lol:

I love the "Cheaters Never Win' chant. I've tried it in section 111 a few times, but most people on our end have no idea what that chant is, so they thought I was crazy. It'd be cool if we were able to clue some more people in on it. There's also a guy that sometimes sits in 111 who will do the 1 minute chant. It's pretty funny. :lol:

I remember 1 game where there was a guy a section over from me that would yell "does anyone know how much time is left?" with like 1:03 to go in every period & then the announcer says "1 minute remaining in the first period." Ok, so maybe you have to be there, but I thought it was hilarious.

1)the people in front of u will stand up and start a conversation while the puck is in play

2)some drunk guy will spill his beer

3)you will get in a random conversation with the person beside you

4)if were losing with like 2 minutes in the game u will see lots of people leaving early(hello we could still win)

5)while leaving if u lost u will see the opponites fans screaming and yelling just to make u mad

lol number 2 happened to some dude that sat a row below me

1) I will at some point end up walking past the storm squad (or a few members)

2) I will "glance" at them :wink:

3) Mrs NCC will tell me to STOP STARING! :mrgreen:

4) I will look at her at her and say....what are you talking about..huh? who walked by? :Oops:

5) I will sneak "one more" peek when shes not looking. :shock:

My #1 is.........

Like last night, 2:30 on the clock the 'Canes down by one with the puck in Ottowa's end........PEOPLE RUNNING to the exits!?!!?

WHY??? To sit in the parking lot traffic?

DAMN I wish they would have tied it up........

John

My sister and I say the same thing.SIT DOWN AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!! :shock:

"That's why you do like my mom does....she's on an end seat and does not let them in the row until the play is over...then before she lets them go she lets them know about hockey courtsey It's great!!!"

Here I thought you girls were embrassed by the move. Missed to many good plays to not put an end to it. Just do it in a nice way and use the "Hockey Ettiquette" terminolgy - it works! Do I have most in our row under control.

Sorry if that was a little of topic, I know how the rest of you feel. If everyone would teach them courtesy it would be great for all.

No Mom we aren't embrassed by that,we think its funny when you make the person wait,and he sits on the step next to you and shoots you dirty looks. :D

I have one...

If you are sitting in an UL section where the goal is directly in front of you, you will be sitting behind a person who is LEANED forward the ENTIRE game blocking your view of the goal.

I have one...

If you are sitting in an UL section where the goal is directly in front of you, you will be sitting behind a person who is LEANED forward the ENTIRE game blocking your view of the goal.

wow..Happened to me last night in 304. Sad thing is, the woman in front of me doing it only had one row of ppl in front of her. maybe her glasses were weak and she couldnt see. :shock:

wow..Happened to me last night in 304. Sad thing is, the woman in front of me doing it only had one row of ppl in front of her. maybe her glasses were weak and she couldnt see. :shock:

I hate the nights when it's double the awfulness and the person leaning forward talks to someone sitting next to them also and they don't even pay attention to the game. It's the one time I am glad when someone gets up and leaves the game :roll:

I have one...

i have to lean forward!! I am short and can't see otherwise, they won't let me bring in my booster seat!!

Five of each...

* Top 5 annoying things that will happen at every game:

5. The evening will start by having to kick someone out of our seats. 4 out 5 five people will get indignant and not want to move even AFTER we show them our tickets.

4. No matter which of our seats I decide to sit in, the 6'5" guy who has seats in front of us will decide to sit the seat in front of me (I'm 5'5"). If I switch seats, so will he the next time he goes to get a beer!

3. Stormy will come by to try and annoy us during play. He will leave quickly if we say *MMMM, Bar-B-Que* to him. (Note to Stormy: Time to send the pigskin out to be dry cleaned/fumigated.)

2. There will be one drunk moron 10 rows back who insists on screaming/cursing at the refs and encouraging his kid to do the same.

1. Some guy who used to play for us and be a general waste of bench space (hey there, Marek Malik) will figure out how to put the puck between the pipes when it comes time to play us. I'm convinced this is why we're now trying to get our mistakes back and sending them to the minors where they can do no damage.

* I did not include parking here, because it is so bad now that it has gone beyond annoying.

Top 5 fun things to happen every game:

5. Someone will throw their hands up over their face in the front row when the puck is shot on net and hits the glass at eye level. A particularly good shot will get several rows to do it in unison.

4. An appearance will be made by the singing socks.

3. Someone will enter the arena never having seen an NHL game in person and leave a new 'Canes fan.

2. I'll hear those magic words--It's another Carolina Hurricanes goal! Woo...woo, woo...woo!

1. I'll look up, see the Stanley Cup champion banner almost directly over my head, and remember what it was like to be there on June 19th.